Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anthony Joshua vs. Wladimir Klitschko

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Dont get me wrong i am a great fan of Joshua and so glad he won, is now the golden boy of boxing and will make a fortune. But i do feel sorry for Tyson Fury he beat Klitschko in his own back yard 11 years unbeaten and absolutley schooled him. IMO Tyson Fury (when fit and clean) is the most underated boxer in the world

Ok tyson

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
What's better than an English heavyweight champion of the world? A picture of Barry Chuckle ringside with Jay-Z at the fight.

33db8lk.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Possibly the best fight I have ever seen. That 5th round was epic, with both fighters taking a count. I truly thought Joshua had gone, his legs were LEAD by the end of that 5th and it looked like a matter of time before Klitschko would land and finish him. I'm not sure I've ever seen a recovery like it - it was like Joshua chomped a can of spinach from somewhere. How demoralising for Klitschko to see him back and dancing on his toes in front of him, after he'd looked utterly done for at the end of that 5th, and for much of the 6th.

That uppercut from Joshua in the 11th absolutely shook Wembley. Two true warriors in the ring. Joshua has the power, the speed, the technique, and most importantly as he proved tonight, the heart. That was something else.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Possibly the best fight I have ever seen. That 5th round was epic, with both fighters taking a count. I truly thought Joshua had gone, his legs were LEAD by the end of that 5th and it looked like a matter of time before Klitschko would land and finish him. I'm not sure I've ever seen a recovery like it - it was like Joshua chomped a can of spinach from somewhere. How demoralising for Klitschko to see him back and dancing on his toes in front of him, after he'd looked utterly done for at the end of that 5th, and for much of the 6th.

That uppercut from Joshua in the 11th absolutely shook Wembley. Two true warriors in the ring. Joshua has the power, the speed, the technique, and most importantly as he proved tonight, the heart. That was something else.

The key seemed to be that Joshua smelt blood when he had Klitschko on the ropes and Klitschko didn't. Had Klitschko gone after Joshua in the sixth rather than continuing along his usual strategy, I think he'd have won. Still, until the eleventh, it really was Klitschko's fight, and he doesn't look like he's past it by any stretch.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

I'm with you Easy 10, after the disappointment of earlier in the day, the atmosphere surpassed anything I've ever seen before at a boxing match. I genuinely thought as did most of the people around me that Joshua was gone, after he'd gone down it was almost turning into the later rounds of Bruno vs Witherspoon.

Definitely more questions than answers from the night.

Boxing is fought in the present so all this speculation about a 31 rather than a 41 year old Klitschko would have finished AJ off is supposition. Ultimately at the optimum moment Old Father Time rocked up and got Klitschko in a headlock.

Wilder will have looked at 90,000 there, 178 countries showing it, UK PPV records broken and thought, I want some of this, and he's not 41 and can bang.

But perhaps the biggest question is who wins out of a fit AJ and a fit Fury?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I'm a fury fan but Joshua would beat fury. He's got too much power. Fury is not a big puncher .
Wilder v Joshua would be a better fight. Two bangers in there.
Also belles needs to get out of ajs ass

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Best fight I've seen in a long while. My favourite ever fight was Holyfield v Foreman. In terms of "epic", that fight had it all but I thoroughly enjoyed last night's bout. Top drawer fighting.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
As the fight was in the middle of Wembley Stadium I wondered what would have happened if it had rained?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As the fight was in the middle of Wembley Stadium I wondered what would have happened if it had rained?

Maybe they would have shut the roof ?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I have to say I called this wrong for the first time ever but at the EBF HQ this morning the heavyweight ratings were revised to take this into account...

1/ Tyson Fury - Linear Champion
2/ Deontay Wilder
3/ Anthony Joshua

Hearn won't get away with matching Joshua against Eastern European bin men and Yank bums anymore, the only fight that matters and will be the one of the biggest ever is Fury v Joshua

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Smart money would be on vlad announcing retirement on his USB stick

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have to say I called this wrong for the first time ever but at the EBF HQ this morning the heavyweight ratings were revised to take this into account...

2/ Deontay Wilder
3/ Anthony Joshua

Hearn won't get away with matching Joshua against Eastern European bin men and Yank bums anymore, the only fight that matters and will be the one of the biggest ever is Fury v Joshua

How can that happen Fury is drug cheat without a licence.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

2/ Deontay Wilder
3/ Anthony Joshua

I think david price might have something to say about that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here