Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pocognoli

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I hope that, if we want him, we don't have a re-run of the Stephen Ward scenario !

But he'd be coming to us as a PREMIER LEAGUE CLUB:lol::albion2::bhasign::bhasign:......... that's the first time I've written that - feels good.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
He's done very well for us, but is he an upgrade on Bong (overall) and will he be capable of stopping Premier League quality wingers? I think the jury's still out on both counts, though he has a great left foot.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's done very well for us, but is he an upgrade on Bong (overall) and will he be capable of stopping Premier League quality wingers? I think the jury's still out on both counts, though he has a great left foot.

The club doesn't have the luxury of updating every position.

Poc and Bong are both very capable left backs, as is Rosenior, and they are both 'free'..
Signing them both and concentrating on the positions that actually need strengthening, has to be the only way forward.

Last edited:

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Decent enough but has a tendency to give away too many unnecessary free kicks around the area. Fine if he is prepared to accept a reasonable wage. I prefer Bong but there is not much to choose between them. Neither are highlights of the team, our style tends to go down the right.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The club doesn't have to luxury of updating every position.

Poc and Bong are both very capable left backs, as is Rosenior, and they are both 'free'..
Signing them both and concentrating on the positions that actually need strengthening, has to be the only way forward.

True, they both could do a job I am sure in the Premier League, is that all we are after though...

Does CH see them both as good enough...... ? I would keep Bong and maybe look at an alternative.. I am sure we have targets as we have known Bong is out of contract and Poc is a loaner with no certainty he would sign.

We currently have no left backs.....

I think 5 signings would be plenty... a Left back, centre mid, right footed winger and 2 strikers...but i agree though the other 4 positions are more important if i had to prioritise.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Something must be wrong as you have posted a view that I agree with as I think that there is very little to chose between him and Bong so the compegition to be no 1 would do both good.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Totally agree, hopefully we'll blow most of the budget on CMs and CFs.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Totally agree, hopefully we'll blow most of the budget on CMs and CFs.

:eek::eek::eek:
2017-04-27-11-33-41-415227045.jpg

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think 5 signings would be plenty... a Left back, centre mid, right footed winger and 2 strikers...but i agree though the other 4 positions are more important if i had to prioritise.

I think we'd also need an ACM/number 10 (a la Siggurdson, Cairney, Pritchard), as I don't expect us to play 4-4-2 as much in the PL. Maybe at home, or when we're chasing games.
All of this means that we're going to have to make some -- not many, but some -- hard choices with those brilliant players that have got us into the position we're now in.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
yes please

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think we'd also need an ACM/number 10 (a la Siggurdson, Cairney, Pritchard), as I don't expect us to play 4-4-2 as much in the PL. Maybe at home, or when we're chasing games.
All of this means that we're going to have to make some -- not many, but some -- hard choices with those brilliant players that have got us into the position we're now in.

When i say 2 strikers I mean 2 front men, this covers the no10 role as it were.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
True, they both could do a job I am sure in the Premier League, is that all we are after though...

Does CH see them both as good enough...... ? I would keep Bong and maybe look at an alternative.. I am sure we have targets as we have known Bong is out of contract and Poc is a loaner with no certainty he would sign.

We currently have no left backs.....

I dont think Bong is a particulary good defender, though he's a good wing back. He'll get ripped to shreds by some of the better right wingers. Poc is a better defender but not as good a wingback...... I wasnt at Carrow Rd last week but on the TV there were a couple of times Poc was caught in our area and being pressed and where due to his position relative to the Norwich players, a simple right footed clearance wouldve done it, but he didnt seem able to play with his right foot at all and tried to go back to his left.

For those reasons, I think Liam is still the best option of what we have, can play with both feet can defend and is ok offensively

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I dont think Bong is a particulary good defender, though he's a good wing back. He'll get ripped to shreds by some of the better right wingers. Poc is a better defender but not as good a wingback...... I wasnt at Carrow Rd last week but on the TV there were a couple of times Poc was caught in our area and being pressed and where due to his position relative to the Norwich players, a simple right footed clearance wouldve done it, but he didnt seem able to play with his right foot at all and tried to go back to his left.

For those reasons, I think Liam is still the best option of what we have, can play with both feet can defend and is ok offensively

Crikey are you getting Bong and Poc mixed up... ? literally i think the exact opposite of you... Bong is the better defender, Poc would be a far better wing back and both have no right foot..

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here