Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion FC A Premier League celebration painting

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
as promised brighton fans here is the second part hope you like it
Does your husband own an eraser?

While I admire his talent (and am a little envious of anyone who can draw), he can do better.

dik

Oct 11, 2003
Oxford
Murray, Hemed and Stockdale look really good. Hughton needs a revisit though.

They look like something that might be seen in the club shop on towels or posters. They have a good cartoon style about them with a good likeness, apart from Hughton.

Cheers mate, yeh not happy with Hughton

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
thanks for all the thumbs up so far brighton fans :p

Well. You're doing well to ignore the less than flattering comments. Personally, I think it's all rubbish. Hughton looks about 2,000 years old, Bruno is father time and Stockdale ate Wayne Shaw before lurching off to his left.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
When you realise that the Stockdale is the picture used on his Twitter you see it's actually pretty decent!

(I did anyway)

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I have not advertised as being available to sell anywhere on here and I wasn't going to, it is completely upfront Dick, its for fans to participate in the making of a celebratory piece and which people seem to enjoy giving input and watching a drawing develop, as I have said on one of your many comments on my thread but as yet have not been seen as I am waiting for my replies to be moderated. It is a fan thing for fans of the teams he paints who love these paintings, is he supposed to draw one team for all of his career? I don't know why you are so negative and what your problem is to be honest so maybe you should stop looking at the thread if its upsetting you so much. We are inevitably asked by people if work will be available to purchase, yes it is but its done privately as we are contacted and not advertised to sell. And just to let you know the original painting is always donated to a cause close to the clubs heart or donated to raise funds for the club, hope this makes things clearer for you Dick
OK - just got round to reading the whole thread. As pointed out, this site is advertising supported and I would consider it good manners to ask the mods before posting as a quick Google shows other sites with links to sales. Maybe you are right with the Jim Hacker - "I don't seek office" line with regards to sales but a website that sells pictures suggests otherwise. And despite your last line, there is this exchange on Owlstalk

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/254017-just-finished-my-carvalhals-boys-painting/

On 21/04/2017 at 13:08, Owling said:
Do you sell the original after you've made prints off it.
yes owling the original is available

Still, nowt to do with me and I'll take your suggestion to avoid threads on a messageboard of a football team I support under advisement. FWIW, might be worth heeding the warning and asking permission of the board owner in future.

I have not advertised as being available to sell anywhere on here and I wasn't going to, it is completely upfront Dick, its for fans to participate in the making of a celebratory piece and which people seem to enjoy giving input and watching a drawing develop, as I have said on one of your many comments on my thread but as yet have not been seen as I am waiting for my replies to be moderated. It is a fan thing for fans of the teams he paints who love these paintings, is he supposed to draw one team for all of his career? I don't know why you are so negative and what your problem is to be honest so maybe you should stop looking at the thread if its upsetting you so much. We are inevitably asked by people if work will be available to purchase, yes it is but its done privately as we are contacted and not advertised to sell. And just to let you know the original painting is always donated to a cause close to the clubs heart or donated to raise funds for the club, hope this makes things clearer for you Dick

You and your husband are no better than the tatt sellers outside almost every ground.

You see success and think, CASH IN.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
just thinking that myself bri,my wife wont come here any more lol

To be fair, if the whole thing had been transparent from the off and done with the endorsement of the owner who puts in untold unpaid hours to make this site work - it could have succeeded. But the "we don't sell" and "the original is for charity stuff" is unraveling post by post.

New contributors are always welcome, but don't take the piss out of us.

jacks66

Apr 25, 2017
To be fair, if the whole thing had been transparent from the off and done with the endorsement of the owner who puts in untold unpaid hours to make this site work - it could have succeeded. But the "we don't sell" and "the original is for charity stuff" is unraveling post by post.

New contributors are always welcome, but don't take the piss out of us.

i really cant see what the fuss is about brynylon,i paint pictures of football people love em or hate em,taking the piss is definitely not in the script,the videos happen to be the way i show my work,

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
i really cant see what the fuss is about brynylon,i paint pictures of football people love em or hate em,taking the piss is definitely not in the script,the videos happen to be the way i show my work,

I really don't want to get involved in this to be honest so I'll make this my final comment.

The way this board works is that if people have a commercial proposition, they contact the site owner and come to a mutually agreeable arrangement for a 'paid-for' post, which seems fair. Then everything is clear and above board (no pun intended). An additional benefit you receive is that if people try to de-rail the thread, it is more strictly moderated than would otherwise be the case as you have paid for the privilege.

In my view, this situation can be salvaged, but only by contacting the site owner and coming to an agreement that suits both parties. Seems only polite to me.

That's me out of this one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here