Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Christmas Nocturnalism

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
I also have that perennial "1" for some reason.
I get even fewer notifications now that I've turned off the thumbs.

I believe it's because a user mass mailed a load of us, and then he and his messages got deleted. Because we can't read the message the new mail notification won't go.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Here.

OK, I'm on my 2nd Bacardi. I DO actually have to go in tomorrow, but not until 9, and I'll be off around half twelve. Everyone in the office is bringing some food in. MOST will just call in at Sainsburys along the way and buy some old shit like cookies, cheese straws, mini sausages, Pringles etc. Not me.

Tonight I have peeled and stripped some pork and apple sausages. I've cut some chives from my garden. I've got some sage and onion stuffing mix, and I've mixed it all up in a bowl with the sausage meat and freshly chopped parsley. I've boiled half a dozen eggs, peeled them, then rolled and compressed them into my sausage meat. Then I've basted them in egg yolk, rolled them in breadcrumbs, and deep-fried those muthas in sunflower oil for 12 minutes.

Ladies and gentlemen. What we are talking about here are the giantest, meatiest, most flavoursome scotch eggs you will ever encounter.

Damn I'm good.

Bring some to teh QPR game... I am in WSU as well.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Despite not having to work my night shifts over Christmas I can't help but stay up later and later after the shifts beforehand.

Got a 12 hour shift on Boxing Day though finishing 6 and a half hours before kick off on the 27th. The East Upper will possibly be louder than normal, unfortunately probably because of my snoring.

Working nights Christmas weekend, after Friday night on call at home, unless somebody requests something stupid :)

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i have already slipped into the hole of staying awake for 3 days and sleeping for one.......costing me a bloody fortune ,can we get all this xmas balls over with so i can get back to work ...??

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Here.

OK, I'm on my 2nd Bacardi. I DO actually have to go in tomorrow, but not until 9, and I'll be off around half twelve. Everyone in the office is bringing some food in. MOST will just call in at Sainsburys along the way and buy some old shit like cookies, cheese straws, mini sausages, Pringles etc. Not me.

Tonight I have peeled and stripped some pork and apple sausages. I've cut some chives from my garden. I've got some sage and onion stuffing mix, and I've mixed it all up in a bowl with the sausage meat and freshly chopped parsley. I've boiled half a dozen eggs, peeled them, then rolled and compressed them into my sausage meat. Then I've basted them in egg yolk, rolled them in breadcrumbs, and deep-fried those muthas in sunflower oil for 12 minutes.

Ladies and gentlemen. What we are talking about here are the giantest, meatiest, most flavoursome scotch eggs you will ever encounter.

Damn I'm good.
:drool:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Getting back to the original topic, I seem to recall the BBC used to do Marx Brothers Seasons back in the late 1980's or early 1990's with 2-3 consecutive films starting around midnight over Christmas. As a devoted Groucho Fan (Marry Me and I'll never look at another Horse) it was 4-5AM bedtimes for several days!:thumbsup:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If you are lucky enough to have an extended break over the Christmas/New Year period do you find you start drifting towards nocturnalism, in that you go to bed later and later, and then get up later and later?

Those classic films and recordings of stand-up shows that get used as late night fillers won't watch themselves.

If it wasn't for family, and I was truly left to my own devices, I'm certain I would be fully nocturnal shortly after the New Year.

I do this every 'kin weekend! And today is good proof. Up at 5am. Wait til 5pm, I'll be fast asleep in my armchair, and the cycle starts all over again. Jet lag syndrome.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nothing too excessive last night, just had a House of Cards binge through till 2.15am.
The Christmas Drinks Cupboard had its grand opening last night though, so I'm feeling a bit icky this morning after going to town on Bacardi, port and Baileys.

(not in the same glass, mind)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here