Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Knockaert Tribute – for next Friday?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Jeezus just bloody sing the Knockaert Marseillaise song! Whenever it doesn't matter. Just sing it! To those that find it too complicated or confusing, it's to the Man U fans tune of Ooh aah Ooh aah Ooh aah Cantona. It's a much much better song than the we've got Knockaert crap.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Find it surprising that there is so little faith that the Marseillaise can take off, it's not hard and it sounds great. The club and family thing is, yes, a bit cringy but the tune is good. Probably needs to grow out of an away game with a smaller crowd that can teach the majority at a home game.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Find it surprising that there is so little faith that the Marseillaise can take off, it's not hard and it sounds great. The club and family thing is, yes, a bit cringy but the tune is good. Probably needs to grow out of an away game with a smaller crowd that can teach the majority at a home game.

Yeah, that line is a bit wanky, just leave it at 'Brings the victory' or ' The Albion's Messi'

An-thony, An-thony!
An-thony, An-thony!
Knockaert, Knockaert,
Tears Teams Apart,
He's the Albion's Messi!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Personally I like the idea of nous t'aimons because its pretty much the least likely thing ever sung at a football match.
Yeah, it's the least likely to get sung at the Amex too, a lot of fans pick up the song at the game. Needs to be simple. I really hope it gets going, it's much more powerful than the we've got Knockaert song and is more unique.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yeah, it's the least likely to get sung at the Amex too, a lot of fans pick up the song at the game. Needs to be simple. I really hope it gets going, it's much more powerful than the we've got Knockaert song and is more unique.
Given we can't even get GOSBTS right, with the words on screen, I tend to agree with you 😂😂

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
The Knockaert Marseillaise song has just been sent to AK, by the club.

Be a nice touch if people could belt out the 4-line chorus during the Villa game.
No-one's suggesting dropping Achy Breaky Heart – plenty of room for two songs for such a truly exceptional person. Especially now.

It’s a very different tribute to AK, and his family. The chorus kicks in at 40 sec.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1V0OGCpDCs&feature=youtu.be

An-thony, An-thony!
An-thony, An-thony!
Knockaert, Knockaert, tears teams apart
And gets the victory!

That final line can easily be varied, eg: –

For Club - and Family!
or
Nous t'aimons Anthony!

This could sound superb. Who’s up for it?

"For such a truly exceptional person" . Sick bag please ! If he was a shit player no one would care, sorry his dad died but let's gets some perspective. Move on.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Thanks for all the comments. Back to the point. Firstly, the song was written and had been posted on NSC long before news broke about Knockaert’s father. It’s a tribute to the player and his ability.

Secondly, why bother with a new song for AK? Simple.

Yes, he's already got a song. And lots of people sing it. But it’s rubbish. Why? Try these: –

“We’ve got McCourt, Paddy McCourt…” (Celtic, and, ironically, us)​

“We’re Ipswich Town….”​

“Don’t sell Knockaert”…… (Leicester City)​

Enough said? As for “We’ve got Knockaert, Just don’t think you understand??" Understand what? WTF?

We are Brighton. We’re supposed to be better than this. And a fantastic player like Knockaert certainly deserves something far better than yet another dreary, rip-off of a song about Paddy McCourt? Paddy McCourt? Do me a favour!

Hence an attempt at a new song. One that’s different. One that pays tribute to the player, his nationality and his total brilliance – and his deserved place amongst true Albion legends.

You don’t have to like the Knockaert Marseillaise. But please don’t tell me that singing the appalling Achy Breaky Heart is in any way better. It’s just another unoriginal, me-too copy of other people’s rubbish. Anthony Knockaert deserves far better than that.

Rant over.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Thanks for all the comments. Back to the point. Firstly, the song was written and had been posted on NSC long before news broke about Knockaert’s father. It’s a tribute to the player and his ability.

Yes, he's already got a song. And lots of people sing it. But it’s rubbish. Why? Try these: –

“We’re Ipswich Town….”​

Enough said? As for “We’ve got Knockaert, Just don’t think you understand??" Understand what? WTF?

We are Brighton. We’re supposed to be better than this. And a fantastic player like Knockaert certainly deserves something far better than yet another dreary, rip-off of a song about Paddy McCourt? Paddy McCourt? Do me a favour!

Hence an attempt at a new song. One that’s different. One that pays tribute to the player, his nationality and his total brilliance – and his deserved place amongst true Albion legends.

You don’t have to like the Knockaert Marseillaise. But please don’t tell me that singing the appalling Achy Breaky Heart is in any way better. It’s just another unoriginal, me-too copy of other people’s rubbish. Anthony Knockaert deserves far better than that.

Rant over.
It's dull every time someone dies whether it's a fan or a family member that people feel the need to go way beyond what's needed. The players/management etc went to the funeral/players celebrated with Knocky's shirt at Bristol and fans sang his name. isn't that enough?

It really does get to much these days. Move on and get behind the team against Villa.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It's dull every time someone dies whether it's a fan or a family member that people feel the need to go way beyond what's needed. The players/management etc went to the funeral/players celebrated with Knocky's shirt at Bristol and fans sang his name. isn't that enough?

It really does get to much these days. Move on and get behind the team against Villa.

I mean, you've literally not read the first line of his post which you quoted.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton

Totally agree. The players held his shirt aloft and some went to the funeral of a man they probably hadn't met, what more sycophantic things can people think up to do for our best player (I'm not in any way suggesting people are being sycophantic so he'll feel obligated to stay at the club if we don't get promoted !).

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If people want to sing it, let them sing it. If people don't, they can keep quiet. That's all there is to it, for me.

I don't get why people have to judge their fellow fans based on what they do at a football match :shrug:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

“We’re Ipswich Town….”​

Rant over.

I completely agree with you, the current song is crap. To get the Knockaert Marseillaise going would be immense. It's not difficult, it's catchy and as long as we can sort the last line out, it will work well. Personally I like ' brings us victory'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here