Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gutted!!! Got my weekend organised to join the geeks ride, met [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] and [MENTION=12665]TrickyOne[/MENTION] then 1 mile in and 2 spokes snap on the rear wheel!? The rest seem tight so not sure if bad luck or lack of tlc on my part but my ride ended before it even started! :tantrum:

I didn't make it either. Buckled front wheel on the toll bridge. Went inbetween the decking.
You boys were missed, I'm gutted you couldn't make it.
Hopefully the others enjoyed the route.
We managed to get Tricky up some climbs, but failed miserably at getting Hamilton across junctions with everyone else.

We've dropped the others of in Rustington with a tail wind home, so they shouldn't be too long.

Ignore the road purists, great feeling getting up on the Downs with the bike!
#thumbsdown.:lol:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Gutted!!! Got my weekend organised to join the geeks ride, met [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] and [MENTION=12665]TrickyOne[/MENTION] then 1 mile in and 2 spokes snap on the rear wheel!? The rest seem tight so not sure if bad luck or lack of tlc on my part but my ride ended before it even started! :tantrum:

You were solely missed. We're at Worthing now.

I didn't listen to the others when they said that they were surprised you lasted the distance you did. To me you are an athlete!

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We managed to get Tricky up some climbs, but failed miserably at getting Hamilton across junctions with everyone else.

We've dropped the others of in Rustington with a tail wind home, so they shouldn't be too long.

Did you get a pair of those Hunt wheels in the end?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did you get a pair of those Hunt wheels in the end?
Yeah I got them on Thursday, and bloody love them.
I got the 4Season Aero Road, they feel bombproof, look good and ride fast.

Admittedly they were only replacing the lowliest Campagnolo wheels, so chances are anything would have been an upgrade.
But even with that in mind I still think they're excellent value.

So far I've had the same conversation on 3 separate occasions:-

So how much were they?
£279.
Each wheel?
No for the pair.

Unfortunately if you, and for that matter banjo, are thinking of them as replacements you've got a bit of a wait for them to be made.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Gutted for the chaps with mechanicals this morning. Looked like a seriously good outing. I doubt I'll be out next weekend even. Sake.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Didnt get to see as much of the Giro as I wanted this year, but just got home to these from my mate at Katusha...nice! :)

20160530_150753.jpg

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

It was a cracking route Stat. Thanks so much.

For [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] and [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] to suffer to such major mechanicals was freaky. Both sorely missed.

I'm off for a bath.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
****ed my foot running again so I'm back on my bike once more.

Just took a late ride up to Chanctonbury Ring where I watched the sun set before blasting back down before it got completely dark as I have no lights.

Beautiful evening up there - didn't see another soul. Just me, the bunnies and the sheep.

57b3eddb3d714f8558b5693088e9c510.jpg

Ignore the road purists, great feeling getting up on the Downs with the bike!

Pretty much word for word what I was going to write, Bold.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

That was a lovely ride, some gorgeous, empty roads and good company.

But I wish this wind would sod off. I am f***ed now.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
As Ty says it's a shame Nibs hasn't distanced himself from Astana, but I guess that's a much the fault of the UCI as it is his own.

Or he doesn't want to?

His form in this race, getting dropped repeatedly, a poor TT (compared to the other GCs), then pulls 2 of the toughest stages out of the bag. At least the suspicions about Froome are about overall consistency day after day rather than suddenly from looking dead and buried pulling it out the bag from no where. And in that team too, can't be many cycling fans not got that faint voice of suspicion in their ear.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Or he doesn't want to?

His form in this race, getting dropped repeatedly, a poor TT (compared to the other GCs), then pulls 2 of the toughest stages out of the bag. At least the suspicions about Froome are about overall consistency day after day rather than suddenly from looking dead and buried pulling it out the bag from no where. And in that team too, can't be many cycling fans not got that faint voice of suspicion in their ear.
Anyone who's read Tyler Hamilton's autobiography knows a certain major US team that went very well after the rest day!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Or he doesn't want to?

Anyone who's read Tyler Hamilton's autobiography knows a certain major US team that went very well after the rest day!
Nibali does have a history in 'miraculous' end of Grand Tour stages, but not in doping.
The only difference is this time it actually paid off, and even that was due to the calibre of his competition.

I'd like to give him the benefit of doubt, but that's cycling for you.

I see Justin Gatlin won at the weekend in the fastest time of the year, and I bet athletics isn't raising an eyebrow. :shrug:

Right I'm off to Chicken Cottage because I'm a bad bad man.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Due to a total wash out at the French Open Tennis today, stage 20 of the Giro is on Eurosport at the moment. Nibali hasn't attacked yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here