Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
A team ran by a doper with a long history of having its riders in doing scandals always makes ya wonder...great racing. Chaves not seasoned enough yet.

I think Chaves & Kruijswijk lacked the team mates and the experience when push came to shove (although Kruijswijk would probably have won without the crash) . Nibs and AVV have both, unfortunately or not.

Fantastic Giro! Full of ups and downs with the Maglia Rosa doing the rounds and it going right to the wire.

Chaves' time will come. Very likeable rider.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I think Chaves & Kruijswijk lacked the team mates and the experience when push came to shove. Nibs and AVV have both, unfortunately or not.

Fantastic Giro! Full of ups and downs with the Maglia Rosa doing the rounds and it going right to the wire.

Chaves' time will come. Very likeable rider.

Chaves wasn't good enough. I think I feel most sorry for SK. Bar that crash he'd been the best rider until that unfortunate crash.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Great racing.
It was like watching one of those lick and stick coiled spring pop up toys.
We knew it was going to explode just didn't know when.

As Ty says it's a shame Nibs hasn't distanced himself from Astana, but I guess that's a much the fault of the UCI as it is his own.

Definitely feel for Steven K, esp to miss the podium as well.
I hope puberty doesn't affect Chaves' too much, he would appear to have a grand tour in him.

And honourable mentions for big Joe Dombrowski but most of all my man Bob Jungles.
I've touted his name around this thread for what seems like years, and it would seem that's only the beginning.

Rain macs at the ready.
Not according to the BBC.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Great to see Rein win today (at last did something for my fantasy team along with Nibs the last few days!) But really disappointed with Eurosports highlights due to the tennis. Been out all day so looked forward to settling down & watching it but reduced down to about 25 mins & the last few km's?!... :-(

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well done for taking the first Grand Tour of 2016 [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION]

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well done for taking the first Grand Tour of 2016 [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION]

Oh I see, get on the podium and suddenly it's time to congratulate the winner. All the races that have gone before don't count I suppose. :tantrum:

Chapeau Pogue. Well played that man!
262nd out of over 14,000 entrants has done the Geeks proud. :clap2:

Careful SB, you'll be needing to watch that nose bleed after finishing that high up in our league.

Meanwhile, I'll be having words with 1066 yoof... knocking me off the podium like that. Might need taking down a peg or two before the next game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh I see, get on the podium and suddenly it's time to congratulate the winner. All the races that have gone before don't count I suppose. :tantrum:

Careful SB, you'll be needing to watch that nose bleed after finishing that high up in our league.

Meanwhile, I'll be having words with 1066 yoof... knocking me off the podium like that. Might need taking down a peg or two before the next game.
Tough crowd.

I guess it's lucky I didn't open with my original gambit of:-

'haha you losers who finished below me, must be crying all the way to bed'. :wave:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
****ed my foot running again so I'm back on my bike once more.

Just took a late ride up to Chanctonbury Ring where I watched the sun set before blasting back down before it got completely dark as I have no lights.

Beautiful evening up there - didn't see another soul. Just me, the bunnies and the sheep.

57b3eddb3d714f8558b5693088e9c510.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Just took a late ride up to Chanctonbury Ring where I watched the sun set before blasting back down before it got completely dark as I have no lights.

Beautiful evening up there - didn't see another soul. Just me, the bunnies and the sheep.

We rode up to the Devils Punchbowl today for an equally stunning view.
With the added bonus of seeing more cyclists on the road than cars, it was a cracking route.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Typical mountain biker. Time to take pictures, then 'blasting' down hills that are really meant for walkers.

Plenty of this no doubt as well :rolleyes:

images (1).jpg

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Thanks fellas.

What a completely brilliant race. I love the Giro. It makes me sad that it's over.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well if you're going to take all the credit for Bob Jungels, then I'm claiming the middle distance pointer as all my idea :lolol:

Hang on a minute.
I missed this last night, Bob Jungles has always been in my stable along with Billy Bonnet and Jeff Soup. :lol:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Gutted!!! Got my weekend organised to join the geeks ride, met [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] and [MENTION=12665]TrickyOne[/MENTION] then 1 mile in and 2 spokes snap on the rear wheel!? The rest seem tight so not sure if bad luck or lack of tlc on my part but my ride ended before it even started! :tantrum:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Ignore the road purists, great feeling getting up on the Downs with the bike!

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Gutted!!! Got my weekend organised to join the geeks ride, met [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] and [MENTION=12665]TrickyOne[/MENTION] then 1 mile in and 2 spokes snap on the rear wheel!? The rest seem tight so not sure if bad luck or lack of tlc on my part but my ride ended before it even started! :tantrum:
I didn't make it either. Buckled front wheel on the toll bridge. Went inbetween the decking.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I didn't make it either. Buckled front wheel on the toll bridge. Went inbetween the decking.

How on earth did you manage that, they run perpendicular don't they? Did you turn around or something?

Wasn't to be for us two then...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here