Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Microsoft Silverlight

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Missed last night's match because my Sky Go app is demanding a new version of Microsoft Silverlight. I duly installed it on my Mac Book and Sky Go still won't work - any ideas?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Nope. I don't have sky but used to use a mates log in to watch things.

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 it's stopped working. I've tried everything to fix it but it's still fooked.

I've now given up trying and don't bother with it anymore.

There is lots of stuff on techy forums moaning about it.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Missed last night's match because my Sky Go app is demanding a new version of Microsoft Silverlight. I duly installed it on my Mac Book and Sky Go still won't work - any ideas?

You can watch Sky on free internet streams. It probably isn't legal of course and it will deprive that nice Mr Murdoch and his delightful children of some more money.

But it is possible.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006

Nope. I don't have sky but used to use a mates log in to watch things.

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 it's stopped working. I've tried everything to fix it but it's still fooked.

I've now given up trying and don't bother with it anymore.

There is lots of stuff on techy forums moaning about it.

With Windows10 I found SkyGo wouldn't work on either Safari, Chrome or IE, however it would work on Firefox. What browser was you both using?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
With Windows10 I found SkyGo wouldn't work on either Safari, Chrome or IE, however it would work on Firefox. What browser was you both using?

I tried them all.

Edge, IE, Chrome, Firefox, Opera.

Nothing worked. Uninstalled silverlight, reinstalled silverlight. Tried all the fixes on forums and still no joy so given up.

I use KODI all the time now but used to record us when on the TV so I could rewatch the match later. I can't now unless there is a way to record from Kodi.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria

Had exactly this problem. From memory I had to go into Safari settings or preferences and check Microsoft silverlight on the list of plug-ins. No more than that. Had no problems since.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here