Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United ticket sales

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Agreed. PB was adamant that tv times put some people off but that this would be a sellout. Sadly i didnt get a chance to challenge back on the palace game where the tv time did impact attendances

The Palace game was different because of the rubbish that went on previously and people used that as an excuse to stay away. Of course the fact it was on TV would impact the attendance but I don't think it would have been that much. At the end of the day, 8pm on Monday is not much different to a replay at 7:45 on a Tuesday.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
The Palace game was different because of the rubbish that went on previously and people used that as an excuse to stay away. Of course the fact it was on TV would impact the attendance but I don't think it would have been that much. At the end of the day, 8pm on Monday is not much different to a replay at 7:45 on a Tuesday.

The point is that the statement was made that tv football hasnt impacted attendances. In that situation it clearly did. Albeit there were other factors

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The point is that the statement was made that tv football hasnt impacted attendances. In that situation it clearly did. Albeit there were other factors

Exactly. If the club didn't believe that TV scheduling impacts attendance to any great degree, they would have requested more than 5,500 tickets from Manchester United for the QF.

You could argue that it's a 7:45pm kick-off and no viable means of returning to Brighton on the trains that will limit attendance, but those factors only come into play because it's on TV.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Block 331 - sold out
Block 332 - 25 remaining
Block 333 - 291 remaining
Blocks 334, 335 and 336 yet to be opened.

I'm holding fire until at least 334 opens.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Such kick off times are a symptom of the game taking fans for granted - as is presumed they will do whatever it takes to follow their team

Given that an 11pm finish is possible and you can choose to watch game at home with beer out of fridge at a cost of about £100 or more less than going to game - there will surely come a point at which people say - thanks but no thanks when it comes to following their team

.... and the rest:

£38 Ticket
£55 Petrol
£160 Hotel
£100 Food, Drink & Sundries

Not going to be a cheap one this one, but hey, at least we'll be able to say "I was there" ...... when we went out!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Block 331 - sold out
Block 332 - 25 remaining
Block 333 - 291 remaining

I'm holding fire until at least 334 opens.

Answers my question from the other thread thanks. :thumbsup:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Hopefully some of those people moaning earlier on in the season about not being able to get a ticket for any of the away games at the big clubs as regular away travellers had nabbed them all, will get the chance to go to this one.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hardly flying off the shelves at the 200 point mark which, I think, would be everyone who has had a season ticket for the life of the Amex. Assuming blocks are the same size, give or take, we're still under half the tickets sold:

Block 331 - sold out
Block 332 - 1 remaining
Block 333 - 247 remaining

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Looking increasingly like a flop. Lots of regulars indicating they won't be going. Absolute shame as if this had been 15:00 it would have sold out.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Looking increasingly like a flop. Lots of regulars indicating they won't be going. Absolute shame as if this had been 15:00 it would have sold out.

It was never going to be 15:00 due to all games being televised live.

It could have been lunchtime though, which would have permitted there-and-back rail travel.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
At which level do people think these will sell out. As a North West based non- season ticket holder with a bronze membership and well over 50 points, I’m hopeful I will get a ticket on Thursday morning. However my wife wants to come, but has only 47 points. Can I afford to wait until Friday morning to try and get two tickets together?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here