Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Super Bowl LII: New England Patriots v Philadelphia Eagles **Official Match Thread**

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
BG old boy, they first started showing the game in the 80’s on Channel 4, watched my first Super Bowl in 86, Bears v Pats in the Super Dome NO, Pats lost that one too btw, I promise you it took off !! They sell out 3 games a season in London!

No Chicken Run BG doesn't like it, is to stupid to understand a sport the YANKS play, and would never go.
Naturally that mean nobody likes it, understands it, or would ever go to it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
BG old boy, they first started showing the game in the 80’s on Channel 4, watched my first Super Bowl in 86, Bears v Pats in the Super Dome NO, Pats lost that one too btw, I promise you it took off !! They sell out 3 games a season in London!
I give up as I am glad that we sell out more than 3 games a season. As they say each to their own.

Stats brother : oh superior one hadnt you realised we are in the UK not USA

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
rugby union ...Some people like to watch fat men running into each other. To each their own.

You haven’t watched rugby union for a while then. Fat men ? :facepalm:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
After a game like that, there's no way that BG and his opinions should derail this thread before it sinks into NSC oblivion.

You've had your questions answered in both detailed and polite ways by a number of posters, BG.

If you want to open your mind and learn a little about the game, spend a minute on this:

After watching this, if you're open enough to watch a game first-hand, the Eagles (champions) will be playing the Jags at Wembley in late October.

A date for the diary perhaps?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
What a fantastic game, just non stop every drive. No defence stepped up until the Philly one at the 2 minute warning.

May have to watch the highlights again, well done to Foles, super bowl legend already.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Cheers, as a neutral I thought it was a great game.

As not a neutral it was bloody magnificent!

Fantastic advert for the game. So many times the FA Cup final is so dreadful, this just lived up to all the hype.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
After a game like that, there's no way that BG and his opinions should derail this thread before it sinks into NSC oblivion.

You've had your questions answered in both detailed and polite ways by a number of posters, BG.

If you want to open your mind and learn a little about the game, spend a minute on this:

After watching this, if you're open enough to watch a game first-hand, the Eagles (champions) will be playing the Jags at Wembley in late October.

A date for the diary perhaps?

DONT TELL PEOPLE,!!

This game will be. A sell out very quickly and those of us who go to the games will need to get in quick. I am not sure if they have named the dates yet, twenty first or twenty eighth of October ....we are away on holiday as it's my big six o so hopefully it will ge the twenty eighth

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Quite honestly one of the best Superbowl games I've watched for a long time...& I wasn't even fussed about going out to watch it tbh.

Great atmosphere down the Walkabout as usual, & had a really good time....made even better when a gorgeous So-Cal blonde student came over for a chat, complimenting me on my Dan Fouts Chargers jersey as she was from San Diego herself *swoon* :love:

That made an old mans night complete after seeing TB & Big Bad Bill come up short in the game!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I can never understand the hype about this game which has no reason to be shown in the uk and is of very little interest to the vast majority of the people. Perhaps its me.

Yep, pretty annoying that they interrupted the normal schedule of SpringWatch with subtitles and learning zone. Must have really ****ed up your Sunday post midnight TV viewing.

You don't like it, you don't watch it.

And yes it is you, like always.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I can never understand the hype about this game which has no reason to be shown in the uk and is of very little interest to the vast majority of the people. Perhaps its me.

Why does it have no reason to be shown in the UK? Thats like saying the FA Cup shouldn't be shown outside of our shores, or the TDF televised outside France. Utter crap.
I think you would be surprised at the popularity of the NFL in this country again these days - if you bothered to look into it properly instead of just spouting your own drivel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here