Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley away moved to some time on some day to be on some satellite channel

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
I'll drive (or talk my dad into driving), it's a nice route over the tops and down through some pretty villages into Burnley. If anyone gets a chance, Hebden Bridge is worth a visit an odd little arty town full of hippies and art lovers etc.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I'll drive (or talk my dad into driving), it's a nice route over the tops and down through some pretty villages into Burnley. If anyone gets a chance, Hebden Bridge is worth a visit an odd little arty town full of hippies and art lovers etc.

When I lived in Burnley I had many a trip along that route heading into Yorkshire for a lower division away game. There used to be a great little bookshop in Toddy that had a very fine collection of football titles, and I spent far too much money in there over the years.

Some great names of villages on that route - the likes of Cliviger, Todmorden, Mytholmroyd and Luddenden Foot.

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
When I lived in Burnley I had many a trip along that route heading into Yorkshire for a lower division away game. There used to be a great little bookshop in Toddy that had a very fine collection of football titles, and I spent far too much money in there over the years.

Some great names of villages on that route - the likes of Cliviger, Todmorden, Mytholmroyd and Luddenden Foot.

Cliviger is lovely, it has a good pub just at the t-junction with a view over Burnley towards Pendle Hill. The top road that drops down to Hebden Bridge is very high and exposed - any ice or snow and it soon blocks off. We nearly brought a house in Luddenden foot / Sowerby Bridge, but opted for a bit nearer civilisation (and the M62 for work). You can get plenty of house for your cash out that way!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Must be a mistake. I've been told REPEATEDLY on here that only Leeds/Forest/Derby/Wednesday are shown on sky.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Cliviger is lovely, it has a good pub just at the t-junction with a view over Burnley towards Pendle Hill. The top road that drops down to Hebden Bridge is very high and exposed - any ice or snow and it soon blocks off. We nearly brought a house in Luddenden foot / Sowerby Bridge, but opted for a bit nearer civilisation (and the M62 for work). You can get plenty of house for your cash out that way!

I lived in the Harle Syke area of Burnley (on Queen Street, which has a mill at the end and then it's off into Thursden Valley). To get to work I had a great little drive down through Lane Bottom and then through the countryside and up into Colne.

Is the Pack Horse Inn still going strong at Widdop?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

And lesbians. Lots of lesbians in tie dye jumpers...

Sounds like the school run at my son's school.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What pub are we MEETING in ?

The Blue Parrott

Seriously Im DELIGHTED. I question anyones sanity why in their right mind they want to go willingly to that racist, homophobic northern bum hole more than once. Unless of course like Elpres and you are based up north and then its a QUICK in out and put the kettle on. Esp a game where in the grand scheme of things it matters not one jot. Its not a promo/rele clash or a play off game or even later rounds of the FAC.

It about time we had an away game like this on the box instead of home games being titted around.

I do feel sorry for the mentalists that pre booked train tix but you will get a chance to go again im sure.

theboybilly

Hotel booked for the Saturday night so it's just a question of which pub and curry house for the evening. The Ministry of Ale is looking promising. Pre-match pints in either of the Wetherspoons in town seems likely. I'm not looking forward to a Rail Replacement bus to Preston so might splash out on the Express bus to Manchester instead. I've never been to Turf Moor and by the sounds of it I haven't missed much :eek:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Last time I went that way it is dead sheep and barbed wire fences. Plan your route.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here