[Other Sport] Time to ban horse racing?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
That's a load of rubbish:lolol:
There's no way that bloke was attempting to murder that bloke it's that simple.He wanted the bloke hurt and not to get up to fight but not dead.Im sure many of us have kicked someone in the head to win the fight and nothing more.

If that's seen as attempted murder then I'd expect many many people to be up for attempted murder.What if he punched the bloke while he's on the floor is that attempted murder also?
If anyone has a fight you want that bloke injured or flat out to end the dispute not to kill him.Christ the prison population would triple in no time :glare:

There is something wrong with you.
Please seek help.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
surely this is a problem in society in general.....pumped up pin heads and their shit for brains dorises getting pissed up and leary ....been going on for years.

How about banning alcohol at racecourses like they banned it at football ?. or cutting back on the corporate freebie drink all day *hospitality " ? trouble is without booze Horse Racing is soul destroyingly boring.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
How about banning alcohol at racecourses like they banned it at football ?. or cutting back on the corporate freebie drink all day *hospitality " ? trouble is without booze Horse Racing is soul destroyingly boring.

horse racing is a sport ...that's the part which goes on with the horses , jockeys and trainers ....it's also an industry with the gambling and food and beverage side of things .....Lord March or whatever his name is of Goodwood rakes in millions every year as does Ascot & Cheltenham .....you will be very hard pushed to get them to ban booze just because a few wankers can't behave themselves once they've had a few sherbets......once again a moronic few spoiling it for the rest

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Why the long face?

8618991990_edb6ab9b46_b.jpg

"Someone said I raced like a donkey"

14757157726_ceff654de2_b.jpg

Then I showed him my long gorgeous legs

689ed772060204393772e9cdce312498.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
True. But it's a strange sport that only exists due to the availability of alcohol and betting. Remove those and I would wager (no pun intended) that it would pretty much die.
This.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
There's no way that bloke was attempting to murder that bloke it's that simple.He wanted the bloke hurt and not to get up to fight but not dead.Im sure many of us have kicked someone in the head to win the fight and nothing more.

If that's seen as attempted murder then I'd expect many many people to be up for attempted murder.What if he punched the bloke while he's on the floor is that attempted murder also?
If anyone has a fight you want that bloke injured or flat out to end the dispute not to kill him.Christ the prison population would triple in no time :glare:

Erm, nope, not me. Or indeed anyone I know.

I can only assume that you have, at some point, had that happen to you, because something has definitely come loose. You of all people should be able to see the damage it causes.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
It has been going on for ages and the best place to watch racing on a Saturday now is on Racing UK and At The Races. I went to the Hennessey at Newbury three years in a row in the late nineties and there was a big all-in punch up between the English and Welsh every year. I wont go racing on a Saturday now and much prefer a midweek meeting without the pissheads. Fridays not much better now. I've been to the last two Cheltenham Festivals and haven't seen any trouble but only go in the Club enclosure.

The courses bring it on themselves as they advertise for the stag and hen do's, it's not rocket science what happens at the end of a hot afternoon on a summers day when the punters have been on the piss all day and not seen a horse between them.

This is true. Saturday racing used to be a pleasure but it’s just a day on the piss for most and far to many stag do’s. Goodwood ladies day 6 years and 5 years ago were fantastic days out. Went 3 years ago and I’d say 50% never even saw a race and by the end of the day there were all sorts of gobby shits mouthing off people passed out on the floor and people pissing up walls. More like a Saturday morning on west street. Seems to me it’s getting worse and like you say seems the racecourses bring it on themselves. They need to tighten security or think about what they want from weekend racing and big festivals. .
I’d much rather go to Plumpton, Lingfield or Fontwell mid week where people go for the racing not the alcohol drugs and a fight.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

Interesting argument shockingly put across. I’d disagree with the kicking someone to the head part I’m pretty sure most normal civilised people havnt done any such thing. I can guarantee that if that man was caught he would get a hefty custodial sentence and deservedly so. I would say it would more likely be a GBH charge not attempt murder though.
However I would say you could easily kill someone doing that see Gary Bassett case from last year in Basildon as well as many others. It’s a disgusting thing to do to an unconscious man. The argument always is his intent. For the attempted murder charge to stick you need the intent to charge with that offence. As you have said so badly the peat in this video is looking to cause more damage. We could argue the mans unconcious but doesn’t mean the kicker had the intent to kill despite the man being completely defenceless.. Hence why when someone does die from a kick to the head it is often as manslaughter not murder as per the sad case mentioned above.
My advice to you if don’t go around kicking people in the head to win a fight and then try and justify those actions on a football board as you could easily spend 10 years in Prison. It’s not big or clever and certainly doesn’t make you anything other than a coward.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
True. But it's a strange sport that only exists due to the availability of alcohol and betting. Remove those and I would wager (no pun intended) that it would pretty much die.

look it's touted as the sport of kings ....i love horses but hate most humans cos a lot of them are ***** .....horse racing is actually one of the oldest contests in the world ....alongside getting your opponents decapitaded bonce into hoop made of llama skin......!!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Interesting argument shockingly put across. I’d disagree with the kicking someone to the head part I’m pretty sure most normal civilised people havnt done any such thing. I can guarantee that if that man was caught he would get a hefty custodial sentence and deservedly so. I would say it would more likely be a GBH charge not attempt murder though.
However I would say you could easily kill someone doing that see Gary Bassett case from last year in Basildon as well as many others. It’s a disgusting thing to do to an unconscious man. The argument always is his intent. For the attempted murder charge to stick you need the intent to charge with that offence. As you have said so badly the peat in this video is looking to cause more damage. We could argue the mans unconcious but doesn’t mean the kicker had the intent to kill despite the man being completely defenceless.. Hence why when someone does die from a kick to the head it is often as manslaughter not murder as per the sad case mentioned above.
My advice to you if don’t go around kicking people in the head to win a fight and then try and justify those actions on a football board as you could easily spend 10 years in Prison. It’s not big or clever and certainly doesn’t make you anything other than a coward.

i can show you cctv of scraps in Birmingham where unconscious white lads are dragged to the kerb and have the back of their heads bounced on by 3 "hooded" pricks .....these 3 were arrested and let off with fines and suspended sentences......why do you think that would be ...???

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
i can show you cctv of scraps in Birmingham where unconscious white lads are dragged to the kerb and have the back of their heads bounced on by 3 "hooded" pricks .....these 3 were arrested and let off with fines and suspended sentences......why do you think that would be ...???

No idea about the incident so couldn’t comment. I’ll guess their “youths”.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here