Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
OK, so it's finally time to kick-off the World Cup-style tournament for the 18 completed squads assembled in the NSC Premier League Draft as shown here:

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?317504-The-Premier-League-Draft

This poll is for the 9 teams in Group A, of which the 4 with the most votes when the voting closes in 4 days time will qualify for the Quarter Finals. The vote is open to the entire forum, and each user is entitled to four votes. The nine squads competing in Group A are as follow:
[MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION]
frutos.png

SUBS: Dave Beasant, Vedran Corluka, Thomas Hitzlsperger, Tomas Rosicky, Olivier Giroud
[MENTION=286]Garry Nelson's Left Foot[/MENTION]
garrynelsonsleftfoot.png

SUBS: Asmir Begovic, Alvaro Arbeloa, Stiliyan Petrov, Raheem Sterling, Dion Dubline
[MENTION=1958]Gazwag[/MENTION]
gazwag.jpg

SUBS: Aaron Hughes, George Boateng, Hermann Hreidarsson, Vladimir Smicer, Jesus Navas
[MENTION=8619]Guy Fawkes[/MENTION]
guyfawkes.jpg

SUBS: Hugo Lloris, Joleon Lescott, Oscar, Lee Bowyer, Edin Dzeko
[MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION]
hamilton.jpg

SUBS: Tomasz Kuszczak, Gerard Pique, Sebastien Bassong, Juan Cuadrado, Nwankwo Kanu
[MENTION=278]MattBackHome[/MENTION]
mattbackhome.JPG

SUBS: Mark Bosnich, Stephen Carr, Nemanja Matic, Tino Asprilla, Duncan Ferguson
[MENTION=5392]Reinelt12[/MENTION]
reinelt12.jpg

SUBS: Tim Flowers, Jason McAteer, Paul Warhurst, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Savo Milosevic
[MENTION=4147]shaolinpunk[/MENTION]
shaolinpunk.png

SUBS: Paul Robinson, Micah Richards, Darren Fletcher, Aaron Lennon, Darren Bent
[MENTION=17456]The_Viper[/MENTION]
the_viper.jpg

SUBS: Fabricio Coloccini, Didier Deschamps, Steed Malbranque, Fabrizio Ravanelli, Chris Sutton

Let the voting begin. :thumbsup:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Great stuff [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION]! That said....holy heck, you've made this a group of death, some ridiculously strong teams will be exiting the tournament early.

P.S Everyone...VOTE FC GNLF!

edit: I was only able to vote for one person(TOP SECRET who that was....)

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Just a little something to help voters decide on the correct team to vote for.

F.C GNLF is a beautifully balanced team of defensive steal and attacking power and flair. There isn't a single weak link in the team with every player playing in their natural position. No centre backs at full back, strikers in midfield, attacking midfielders playing defensive or box to box, just eleven top class players playing in their strongest position....and more importantly the position that they played in the premier league.

So lets get to the defense. In goal is a three times golden glove winner and the keeper with the second highest clean sheet percentage(47%) in premier league history. In front of him is a vastly experienced back four with over 250 international caps, 1100+ premier league appearances a bulging trophy cabinet and a key member of the invincibles.

In front of them is the snarling presence of the premier leagues greatest defensive and all round midfielder Roy Keane. He's more than ably assisted by the incomparable Yaya Toure and Ruud Gullit. It is THE strongest midfield in the comptition. No team is going to get the upper hand in the middle of the pitch against F.C GNLF. And if you dominate the midfield you dominate the game. The attacking power and flair of Gullit and Toure in midfield allows Samir Nasri the chance to float around the final third of the pitch pulling strings and casting his magic over bewitched and bewildered defences helping to create chance after chance for the goal machines Tevez and Torres, two strikers who, incidentally, won't allow any defence a moments peace.

VOTE F.C GNLF

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is it worth waiting until the poll is fixed to enable 4 votes, or is it only 1 that we are now getting ?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Is it worth waiting until the poll is fixed to enable 4 votes, or is it only 1 that we are now getting ?
It'll only be one - I initially planned it as 4, but then the only options I could see were multiple (but unspecified) number each or one each, so I opted for one each and forgot to edit the post.

My apologies for the lack of clarity.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
It has to be [MENTION=278]MattBackHome[/MENTION], for my money.

Any team which can boast an orchestra of attacking flair comprising Yeboah, Berbatov, Le Tiss and Okocha HAS to waltz off with the trophy. Top work, that man.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It has to be [MENTION=278]MattBackHome[/MENTION], for my money.

Any team which can boast an orchestra of attacking flair comprising Yeboah, Berbatov, Le Tiss and Okocha HAS to waltz off with the trophy. Top work, that man.
[MENTION=278]MattBackHome[/MENTION] and I go back nearly 25 years so I'm confident he'll be happy to point out that while he has a fine array of attacking talent, you are in fact wrong in your assertion. He has one....ONE... midfielder.... His team would get smashed out of sight if they ever had the misfortune to encounter such an exquisitely crafted and sublimely balanced side as F.C GNLF. :goal:

Unfortunately those who have voted so far don't seem to have realised this obvious fact:tantrum:

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Guys, I am playing 3 at the back with a very attack minded midfield. I have Zola who will bang in goals.

I have Jurgen Klinsmann for goodness sake. Together with Sturridge the goals are going in.

We'll lose some, yes, but when we win, we'll be winning 5-2 and 6-3. Who doesn't want to see football like that?

VOTE HAMILTON

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Pfft, I have the most natural goalscorer the Premier League has ever seen and I don't have ONE vote yet... It's a disgrace!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Come on NSC, F.C GNLF is making a comeback( thanks whoever the other person who voted for me!). Lets keep this role going...

Defensively rock solid: Reina is a three time golden glove winner and has the second highest clean sheet percentage in premier league history. The back four have a wealth of domestic and international experience(1100 prem games, 250 internationals). Yes they're not the big names that some have but all played many season in the premier league and all won trophies and all are rock solid. Plus they are screened by ROY KEANE along with the Toure and Gullit.

As for attacking....well, what fan wouldn't love to see and which defenses could cope with the flair, pace , power, guile and sheer volume of goals that Toure, Gullit, Nasri, Tevez and Torres bring to the table?

The bench? Yes, it's not as glamourous as some benches in the competition but what it offers is not just like for like cover but, and this is vitally important, incredible versatility. With my bench I can play pretty much any formation imaginable with no real weakening of my team.

So to sum up, F.C GNLF offers defensive solidity, midfield dominance and attacking flair in abundance. The tam is superbly balanced with a bench that allows it to change formation and tactics without losing any of its essence, fluidity or balance. In the pilfered words of Chis Eubank, F.C GNLF is simply the best.

VOTE FC GNLF

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I voted [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION]
Another sexy formation from that man.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
:bounce:

Poll closes at 09:21 tomorrow morning, so not long left to vote for your favourite. :thumbsup:

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
One bloody vote!

How can a team with Zola and Klinsmann in it get just 1 vote?

:flounce:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here