Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I wear mine round Sussex regularly and with pride.
Fair play. From someone who's often worn a Brighton shirt round Sheffield for the past 27 years.

Why wear the shirt of England's opponents though when wearing your Scotland shirt would clearly signify which side you were supporting anyway?

I've never got that one and presumed it must be because the Scottish fans who do it are actually a bit too embarrassed to wear the shirt of a team who are too rubbish to ever actually qualify for the tournament in question.

Living vicariously through other teams, that you have no affiliation to whatsoever, to the point where you buy the team's shirt is really, really tinpot.

"We're shit so I'm going to support X as England are so much better than us that they've got to the finals and are playing X" I totally understand the mentality but wearing the shirt.....nah. Wear YOUR country's shirt "with pride", as you say.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
How many different national football shirts will they need to buy this year?

Just the one :shrug:

ABE.jpg

Best be quick tho, stocks are expected to run low in the run-up to England's bye into the semi-final :moo:

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Fair play. From someone who's often worn a Brighton shirt round Sheffield for the past 27 years.

Why wear the shirt of England's opponents though when wearing your Scotland shirt would clearly signify which side you were supporting anyway?

I've never got that one and presumed it must be because the Scottish fans who do it are actually a bit too embarrassed to wear the shirt of a team who are too rubbish to ever actually qualify for the tournament in question.

Living vicariously through other teams, that you have no affiliation to whatsoever, to the point where you buy the team's shirt is really, really tinpot.

"We're shit so I'm going to support X as England are so much better than us that they've got to the finals and are playing X" I totally understand the mentality but wearing the shirt.....nah. Wear YOUR country's shirt "with pride", as you say.

It's just a bit of fun. I don't actually wear other countries shirts just because they are playing England. I'm Scottish ffs no way I'm shelling out 60 quid every time the NigeLLLLLLs (ironically what you lot get called up north) play a game.

The whole point of the op was taking the piss out of the Scottish (Scotch, very funny) so there should be nowt wrong if I have a bit of fun back! Don't dish if you can't take etc.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
What’s all the hype, you scraped a result vs Tunisia at the end, Queen of the South would have given Panama a run for money, lost to Belgium reserve team, scaraped through on penalties against Colombia missing their best player - law of averages said you had to win a penalty shoot out it some time. And if VAR existed you wouldn’t have won 1966 either ( ball didn’t cross line, game should have been stopped as people on pitch =2-2 draw Germany would have won on pens).

And before someone sticks their oar in - I know we’re crap, I don’t care we still live in eternal hope that at some point the next dalglish, law, Baxter, Johnstone, bremner and Mcstay arrive at the same time; even when it does we’ll still end up with an Alan Rough in goal!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
What’s all the hype, you scraped a result vs Tunisia at the end, Queen of the South would have given Panama a run for money, lost to Belgium reserve team, scaraped through on penalties against Colombia missing their best player - law of averages said you had to win a penalty shoot out it some time. And if VAR existed you wouldn’t have won 1966 either ( ball didn’t cross line, game should have been stopped as people on pitch =2-2 draw Germany would have won on pens).

And before someone sticks their oar in - I know we’re crap, I don’t care we still live in eternal hope that at some point the next dalglish, law, Baxter, Johnstone, bremner and Mcstay arrive at the same time; even when it does we’ll still end up with an Alan Rough in goal!

I quite like the desire to see England fall from the Scots, it makes it more enjoyable when they occasionally get to a finals and show the world how to properly show themselves up. It used to happen sometimes last century, check the record books.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch

that is one sad post

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

:lol::lol::lol:

Of course you don't!!!

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Or to put it another way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29-LRuuqFT0

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I quite like the desire to see England fall from the Scots, it makes it more enjoyable when they occasionally get to a finals and show the world how to properly show themselves up. It used to happen sometimes last century, check the record books.

Scotland have never lost a penalty shootout.

No, hang on.

Scotland have never taken part in a penalty shootout, cos on the rare occasion they've qualified for a tournament, they've never got out the group stage.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here