Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fenerbahce are showing an interest in Brighton forward Jurgen Locadia.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I prefer to wait until Andy Naylor confirms that it is a done deal. Then I can relax and sleep soundly knowing that the player is going nowhere. :yawn:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Nailed it. FFS let’s see what he’s like after a full pre-season, injury free and a run of games. Position up top will be between him and Andone this season.

Exactly, some of the comments are laughable...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I remember Murray being slagged off when he arrived by more than a small minority at Withdean, I wonder if those who can’t see Locadia fitting in are the same ones who accused Murray of not caring or trying?

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
I was in favour of the Locadia purchase but the signing of Andone suggests that we will continue with the 4-2-3-1 formation, and therefore I don't see how Locadia starts in this formation.

He's still miles better than Hemed and Baldock though.

Whilst I'm definitely not writing him off after such a short time, I'd also say that I haven't seen enough from him to say he's miles better than Hemed and Baldock. I would hope he is given the transfer fee involved but Hemed contributed more in the games he played last season (and has been an important squad member for the last 3 years) and Baldock was an integral part of our team that won promotion - Locadia still has everything to prove...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Whilst I'm definitely not writing him off after such a short time, I'd also say that I haven't seen enough from him to say he's miles better than Hemed and Baldock. I would hope he is given the transfer fee involved but Hemed contributed more in the games he played last season (and has been an important squad member for the last 3 years) and Baldock was an integral part of our team that won promotion - Locadia still has everything to prove...

Hemed and Baldock are very different players anyway. Locadia is much more in the Baldock space for me - running the channels etc. Based on the very limited game time so far he looks faster and stronger than Baldock, so was presumably bought as an upgrade for him - problem is the formation we normally play (or at least did last season) doesn’t include a ‘Baldock’. Suspect we might see some changes in how we line up next season.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Anyone want to share the driving, it's a long old way.

Flight from Gatters is about £300 – probably the cheaper option.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Like many haven't seen much of him however from his performances at Selhurst and Anfield I can't see him as a lone striker in the Murray role. To get him in the starting XI we would need to change our style of play which I really can't see CH doing anytime soon.
I would seriously think of moving him on.
I'd be more than happy to be proved wrong but I just can't see him being anymore than a bit part player in the squad.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I remember Murray being slagged off when he arrived by more than a small minority at Withdean, I wonder if those who can’t see Locadia fitting in are the same ones who accused Murray of not caring or trying?

Locadia has clapped the fans though [emoji6][emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
That might well be down to the fact that he has looked disinterested, as anybody who had the misfortune to be at Palace will likely confirm. Not for the first (or last) time.

He needs to show massive improvement next season. There won't be the 'He hasn't had a full pre-season' excuse either. I still don't get that excuse!

Let's hope he does the business for us.
Just for clarification Bwian is that top marks for not trying?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Just for clarification Bwian is that top marks for not trying?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
What?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Wasnt it a guy called Holsgrove that Horton signed at Gillingham,never played and we sold him on for a profit......so as they say "If the price is right " !!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Wasnt it a guy called Holsgrove that Horton signed at Gillingham,never played and we sold him on for a profit......so as they say "If the price is right " !!

he played a pre season friendly at Lewes. I think he had been released by Stoke (?) and Horton knew he had a resale value so snapped him up quickly. Think we got about £100k - a master stroke

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
That might well be down to the fact that he has looked disinterested, as anybody who had the misfortune to be at Palace will likely confirm. Not for the first (or last) time.

He did pop up to provide one of the best assists of the season though.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
If someone offered twice what we paid, in cash, now... then I'd do the deal. Close to the start of the season or just "recoup" what we paid then it would be stupid... any replacememt would need time to bed in (which I hope JL has now had) and that's assuming we dound someone.

But business is business and turning a quick profit may only be worthwhile if we have time to get a replacement in and ready.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here