Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I was a hard-line Remainer until I read this! Consider me converted by your masterly marshalling of the evidence and willingness to acknowledge that folk with a different view to your own can still hold a valid - if obviously deeply flawed - position.

You can be sarcastic and keep your head stuck in the sand,but reality will eventually penetrate even the smuggest of europhiles.Today's example will become commonplace in EU countries with mass unemployment!

fr.png

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
You are a perfect example of a loser,spouting the same rubbish Twatter has you brainwashed with.Young people mainly couldn't give a stuff about Brexit/the EU.They just want a job,something denied to many millions of young people in the EU,and if it pays well even better.You people selfishly think your way is the only way,and it condemns non-elites to a life of poverty while you swan around acting like you run the world.Most EU support events are held by people even older than Vince Cable.Your demographics only tell the story you want it to,like the predictions of all the useless economic creatures,and mean nothing.We are leaving,and the EU will not exist in 20 years time,so welcome reality.You will be a lot happier.

I like how you said "welcome reality" after posting a lot of utter drivel. Specifically...

1. Young people regard being in the EU as a cultural thing, and their increased turn-out in 2017 was their reaction to 2016.
2. Unless you're going to argue young people die before old people more often than not, the demographics point holds firm.
3. The EU isn't going anywhere. In 10 years time we'll be back in it unless we go to the Norway option plus Customs Union right now. Fortunately, the agreements this week appear to point to exactly this.

D

Deleted member 22389

I like how you said "welcome reality" after posting a lot of utter drivel. Specifically...

1. Young people regard being in the EU as a cultural thing, and their increased turn-out in 2017 was their reaction to 2016.
2. Unless you're going to argue young people die before old people more often than not, the demographics point holds firm.
3. The EU isn't going anywhere. In 10 years time we'll be back in it unless we go to the Norway option plus Customs Union right now. Fortunately, the agreements this week appear to point to exactly this.

Young people have been mislead, I blame remainers for this. Please tell me what young people are going to lose by us leaving the EU.

Last edited by a moderator:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Yes. I thought and hoped the fishing industry would prosper once we left the EU.
Shame, as most things are now coming to light that don't seem as good as promised. You lot must be gutted/embarrassed/enlightened. Probably a little ashamed for what you've done. Still, can't really blame the ignorant. They know not what they do. And all that!
Shame.

Gibberish as usual.
If you are so knowledgeable as to what the finalised fishing arrangements will be when the implementation period comes to an end and future trade arrangements agreed, as you are claiming to know, why don’t you share with the class what it is we have done.Don’t keep it all to yourself.
Don’t forget you are also arguing simultaneously none of this will happen anyway as according to you “Brexit wont happen”
No wonder you are so confused.

You going to avoid this again? Whats the finalised fishing arrangements ?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Gibberish as usual.
If you are so knowledgeable as to what the finalised fishing arrangements will be when the implementation period comes to an end and future trade arrangements agreed, as you are claiming to know, why don’t you share with the class what it is we have done.Don’t keep it all to yourself.
Don’t forget you are also arguing simultaneously none of this will happen anyway as according to you “Brexit wont happen”
No wonder you are so confused.

You going to avoid this again? Whats the finalised fishing arrangements ?

1 Haddock
1 Plaice
1 large chips
Mushy peas
Gravy
Pickled onion
Pickled egg
Can of Rio

Cheers.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The EU isn't going anywhere. In 10 years time we'll be back in it unless we go to the Norway option plus Customs Union right now. Fortunately, the agreements this week appear to point to exactly this.

I would welcome the democratic process in discussing a possible return of EU membership in ten years time. This would have meant we have left and respected the vote to Leave and not been bound by undemocratic weasel loons to ignore the original vote. Ten years would also be a reasonable time to accumulate actual data and not invented forecasts by liberal types of life outside the EU compared to life inside the EU.
Good luck with persuading the British public its worthwhile re joining with no opt outs , having to accept the Euro, having to be in Schengen, a massive increase on contributions and no rebate.

larus

I would welcome the democratic process in discussing a possible return of EU membership in ten years time. This would have meant we have left and respected the vote to Leave and not been bound by undemocratic weasel loons to ignore the original vote. Ten years would also be a reasonable time to accumulate actual data and not invented forecasts by liberal types of life outside the EU compared to life inside the EU.
Good luck with persuading the British public its worthwhile re joining with no opt outs , having to accept the Euro, having to be in Schengen, a massive increase on contributions and no rebate.

I think you should realise by now their their hyperbole is always seen to trump reasoned logic.

The UK is massively against the EURO, and any attempts to rejoin would require joining that complete clusterf*ck of a currency. A currency which is being held together by ECB purchases of government debt in places like Italy and Greece. Italy with a debt/GDP ratio of 130%. Italy with a current political landscape which wants to blow the EU limits on annual deficits. Yeah, that’s all going to end well.

Next few years for the EURO are going to be ‘fun’.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Wow....now there is a bold statement, if ever I saw one.
You have decided that the EU will fly in the face of everything that has ever happened before, in political and economic history, and achieve its long term aims. The majority of members of the EU are uncomfortable/unhappy with the path chosen by the fanatics in control and this simmering/festering undercurrent will eventually boil over. Good luck if you think the EU is still going to exist, at least in the format we left it, in 10 years time.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Works both ways but some on here cannot accept it and resort to petty abuse. Both sides as well

I agree!

In my futile quest to provide a bit of balance, I've noted the following: Brexiteers come across as angry; Remainers come across as piss-takers and can be condescending. Both sides are highly selective of 'facts' with Remainers appearing to feast on every bit of negative data and Brexiteers likewise on anything positive. Remainers stereotype Brexiteers as Little Englanders; Brexiteers question the patriotism of the Remainers. (Both question the parentage of the other side.) Remainers tend to flaunt their knowledge, Brexiteers flaunt their passion. Both can be very nasty when the mood takes them but there are serial offenders on each side. Some on each side are serial wind-up merchants and very good at it.

There: I'm trying to be fair. Up the Albion! (Thought I'd end on a genuinely consensual note which can offend nobody.)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
1 Haddock
1 Plaice
1 large chips
Mushy peas
Gravy
Pickled onion
Pickled egg
Can of Rio

Cheers.

And 2 slices of bread and butter. Yummy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Coward
Whats the finalised fishing arrangement ?

I’m pretty certain the reason [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] isn’t answering your question is because it’s stupid and you know the answer. And this deliberately obtuse approach seems to also be the adopted by your fellow Brexiteers as [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] was doing the same yesterday. It’s almost as if it’s you who doesn’t have an answer.

D

Deleted member 22389

Beyond ignorant.

I have been called so many things, it goes straight over my head.
I will post again when someone can offer some true and accurate reasons as to what young people will lose by us leaving the EU.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I agree!

In my futile quest to provide a bit of balance, I've noted the following: Brexiteers come across as angry; Remainers come across as piss-takers and can be condescending. Both sides are highly selective of 'facts' with Remainers appearing to feast on every bit of negative data and Brexiteers likewise on anything positive. Remainers stereotype Brexiteers as Little Englanders; Brexiteers question the patriotism of the Remainers. (Both question the parentage of the other side.) Remainers tend to flaunt their knowledge, Brexiteers flaunt their passion. Both can be very nasty when the mood takes them but there are serial offenders on each side. Some on each side are serial wind-up merchants and very good at it.

There: I'm trying to be fair. Up the Albion! (Thought I'd end on a genuinely consensual note which can offend nobody.)

Education, racism, age and chav comments are worth throwing in when bored.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Young people have been mislead, I blame remainers for this. Please tell me what young people are going to lose by us leaving the EU.

Direct access to one of the world’s largest labour markets would seem an obvious answer but here is an example of something of which I have direct experience.

I manage a scheme which gives young people looking to start a business the chance to spend 6 months working with an experienced entrepreneur in a centre of excellence in another European country. The aim is that they bring the skills and knowledge gained back to their business in the UK. OK it is very small scale in the scheme of things but has been life-changing for the 100s of people from the UK who have been on it. This scheme will either go or we will have to pay to participate thus making a small dent in the 350 million cash bonanza we were promised.

I guess that young people will be able to pick fruit or serve up flat whites back home but I wasn’t aware that this was a right that was currently denied to them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here