Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Muzza

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Kane and Vardy do the same but they also have pace. IMHO he is doing a great job in his swansong season if we stay up he will become a squad player with both Hemed and Baldock leaving in the summer and us chasing another younger striker again. If however we get relegated the situation as regards all 3 of them could change. All IFS.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Kane and Vardy do the same but they also have pace. IMHO he is doing a great job in his swansong season if we stay up he will become a squad player with both Hemed and Baldock leaving in the summer and us chasing another younger striker again. If however we get relegated the situation as regards all 3 of them could change. All IFS.

Vardy is an entirely different type of striker, but agree about Kane.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Vardy is miles away from being the same player. I couldn’t think of a striker more opposite.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If Sven “Mentally completely checked out” was in charge Murray would probably be on the plane.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Kane and Vardy do the same but they also have pace. IMHO he is doing a great job in his swansong season if we stay up he will become a squad player with both Hemed and Baldock leaving in the summer and us chasing another younger striker again. If however we get relegated the situation as regards all 3 of them could change.

I was watching Murray's performance on MOTD and the Sky 30 minute show and I was genuinely surprised at his pace on many occasions. He was very good yesterday.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Who else could they even pick?

Sturridge (and Carroll, Austin) perma injured
Crouch, Defoe, Abraham, Welbeck, Solanke, Ings don't get a game for their teams
If Deeney was good he'd still be a liability
Rodriguez, the obvious

Others are midfielders or wingers, it's basically Murray or Callum Wilson if you want another striker.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I can't see it happening. But he has put his name into contention I guess. Score against Arsenal next week and who knows.....

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Muzza seems to have found another gear in the twilight of his career. He reminds me of Shearer, canny, very difficult to get the ball off, shrewd as a fox and with a killer instinct. Yesterday me made that defence look slow, and it wasn't his pace, it was the timing of his runs. With the supporting cast he's got now I think we are seeing the best of Glen Murray. Shearer made the comment yesterday on MOTD day that our new record striker is not first choice because of his form. Ascending into Ward territory now. Hat trick at Palace to cement next season in the PL, and he will be a BHA god.

:albion2:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Who else could they even pick?

Sturridge (and Carroll, Austin) perma injured
Crouch, Defoe, Abraham, Welbeck, Solanke, Ings don't get a game for their teams
If Deeney was good he'd still be a liability
Rodriguez, the obvious

Others are midfielders or wingers, it's basically Murray or Callum Wilson if you want another striker.

Kane, Vardy, Rashford and make do with Sterling & Lingard if necessary. Abraham for the experience or Sturridge for his experience if taking four strikers.

Picking Murray would make sense if you want to chuck someone on for the last 10 if we're 1-0 down and battering their box (or whisper it, Ashley Barnes). Chucking the big lad on is always a valid strategy. But I do think Southgate would get ridiculed if he picked Murray.

Although, if he scores a few against the big boys, the pundits will start chattering

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Knowing England’s injury luck over the years Kane’s bound to go crock 3 weeks before the tournament starts......

This.

If he keeps up this form (+his hat trick at Palace, please) and Southgate is forced to look at last minute striker options, a wise old fox who is sticking them in for fun in the prem might just be something for him think about. Not impossible.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If he got another 6-8 goals should he count himself unlucky not to have a proper holiday this summer? I don’t think England have anyone doing what he does better atm

Hmm.... that's got me thinking.... Murray? MURRAY! Sounds kind of SCOTTISH. Does he perchance have a Scottish grandmother?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Kane, Vardy, Rashford and make do with Sterling & Lingard if necessary. Abraham for the experience or Sturridge for his experience if taking four strikers.

Picking Murray would make sense if you want to chuck someone on for the last 10 if we're 1-0 down and battering their box (or whisper it, Ashley Barnes). Chucking the big lad on is always a valid strategy. But I do think Southgate would get ridiculed if he picked Murray.

Although, if he scores a few against the big boys, the pundits will start chattering
Southgate is a cock and will never select a Brighton player-even if there is a Palace link somewhere as per Murray.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Hmm.... that's got me thinking.... Murray? MURRAY! Sounds kind of SCOTTISH. Does he perchance have a Scottish grandmother?
Age is against him if he is going to play for Scotland in the World Cup. Not sure there has been a 58 year old starting, has there?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

By July, Southgate will be ridiculed anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here