Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restaurant 2016

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Back to Burgers tried The Woods in Worthing.

Was very busy at lunch time, good selection of bottled beers, Camden Lager and something else on tap. Some interesting burgers but I went for the plain, 2x 3oz patties, beef tomato, lettuce in a brioche bun. You can tell the burgers are gone made as they are a bit crumbly. Well cooked though and not to pink which I prefer. Agreed with previous poster the sides are way to big. We had the tato pops, bit like balls of hash browns deep friend. Nice. Mac and cheese was divine but way to big. Would have struggled with it by itself. Even sharing it about 1/3rd was left.

All in all decent, with 2 drinks, 2 burgers, 2 sides £30.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Can i have some advice please about the relative merits of the following for my wife's 50th birthday meal? I'm a pescavore but everyone else eats all forms of flesh. The choices are Salt Room, 24 St Georges, Isaacs & 64 Degrees. Thanks.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Can i have some advice please about the relative merits of the following for my wife's 50th birthday meal? I'm a pescavore but everyone else eats all forms of flesh. The choices are Salt Room, 24 St Georges, Isaacs & 64 Degrees. Thanks.

Is it just you and the wife or others?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Excuse my ignorance but is there a restaurant attached to the i360 then?

Indeed there is, after the Fulham game and some serious snow dogging with Mrs Hut we found that elusive Snow Dog at the front, then had a very good meal at the New Club, which was nice.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Us plus 10yo daughter and maybe another couple.

Don't go to 64 degrees then. Not been to enough of the rest to help but I don't think 64 degrees would suit

Foodie Eshe

Apr 28, 2016
Hassocks
As we've talked a lot about fast food (burgers and pizza) of late, you may be interested in another takeaway spot that's new to town: Noo Noodles - offering build your own noodles by chuchill square. It has a high recommendation from me as it's tasty, fast and a fair price for a filling lunch/dinner. The Lobster Meal - £14 is a lot but absolutely worth it. Small noodle boxes are £4.50, larger ones £6.50. Full review here: http://foodieeshe.com/review-noo-noodles-brighton

I also reviewed LEON too last week, but wouldn't rave about it... it's overpriced and portions are measly - if you want fast and healthy I think Noo Noodles beats it hands down.

Full review here: http://foodieeshe.com/review-leon-brighton

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Just had a meal at The Fig Tree in Hurstpierpoint. The food was fantastic. A bit in the expensive side, but you get what you pay for. I highly recommend it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My annual Xmas goose dinner

Attachments

• IMG_5364.JPG
    IMG_5364.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 246
  • IMG_5366.JPG
    IMG_5366.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 252
  • IMG_5367.JPG
    IMG_5367.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 254

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I've been back to the Little Fish Market and, pretty inevitably really, I still love it.

The menu is £50 per head and is available here (please note this is not my flickr thing): https://www.flickr.com/photos/clivejarman/sets/72157673771260503

The slip sole is better than it was at the Sportsman IMO and that cod dish is a beauty, the picked cucumber is great. It's not the cheapest place in town but those dishes are generous in size and you aren't leaving hungry. Wine list also has some good stuff at the cheaper end.

Tp provide some balance of this gushing review I will say he needs to lighten one of the dishes, possibly the skate.

I wont go any further into it but just know that this place has the best service you'll find it town by a country mile provided by just one waiter. He knows what he's doing that boy.

Still highly recommended.

9.5/10

At the weekend I sampled a takeaway for Mye Mye up on Matlock Road. It's alright I guess but a lot of what they sell doesn't travel well (silly for a takeaway/delivery only place. The prawn laksa would be brilliant for someone with a cold as it blew my head off. Pad Thai is poor and the salt and pepper squid is, yes, too salty.

5/10

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Went to Gars yesterday for some Dim Sum. Don't really like standard Chinese fare so haven't been to Gars for a long time but strolling last noticed they did Dim Sum. We usually go to the China Garden down Preston Street for Dim Sum but it was a bit late and far.

Was pretty quiet as we got the end of lunch trade but have to admit I was impressed. Good selection of Dim Sum and authentic. The crab claw thing was good, and decent amount of BBQ Pork in the Char Sui. We over ordered as we were starving but bill was still only £50 without any alcohol and including service which was less than expected. Coupled with £10 off from Amex Shop Small made it a very pleasant experience.

Jul 7, 2003
We went to Aqua in Lewes the other night. The set menu at £12.95 for three courses is really good value and food was excellent. I had bruschetta to start (others had smoked salmon or soup), belly pork with kale and rosemary potatoes (other options included steak or risotto) and a very nice lemon posset with shortbread (others had warm brownie). All of our dishes were very tasty, nice bottle of merlot to accompany it and the service is very friendly and efficient.

It's not a place for a romantic meal for two as it is quite lively.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
On my way home from St John. Oh my word, this hugely anticipated meal didn't fail even my own hype. Had deep fried sheep brains and tartar sauce, followed by the signature bone marrow and parsley and the pheasant and trotter pie for main. The latter had incredible depth and richness of taste. Two glasses of fizz and two Malbecs and it's now snooze time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Look at this for a pie!

Attachments

• IMG_5454.JPG
    IMG_5454.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 151

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Went to Bills in Lewes at 6.45. Fantastic value offer before 7. £11.99 for 2 courses. Good size portions Had Calamari to start and Steak and chips

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here