Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'll be sure to tell the guards I see tomorrow (not likely...) about the SUPPORT I have for them and they can feed it back into the union

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Nothing whatsoever, call them whatever you like as long is one is on every train that runs*

* other than those that run on services that are designated DOO or when there is an exceptional situation

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Nothing whatsoever, call them whatever you like as long is one is on every train that runs

Thanks. But isnt it also the fact that the OBS will in effect have a different role to a guard and I know it goes beyond "who opens the doors".

Do thameslink have an OBS? Again I understand that on branch lines the tech for DOO just isnt there.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
See this reply clearly sums up you as a union member and the complete contempt for the fare paying public who pay your wages....

This is the very attitude that I don't understand.

Its ok its BANTER I dont know Ernest personally
but thats tongue in cheek.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Thanks. But isnt it also the fact that the OBS will in effect have a different role to a guard and I know it goes beyond "who opens the doors".

Do thameslink have an OBS? Again I understand that on branch lines the tech for DOO just isnt there.

You do know that SASTA have changed the OBS role so they are in charge of the doors don't you ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
You do know that SASTA have changed the OBS role so they are in charge of the doors don't you ?

That surely is a good thing? So drivers aside an OBS will be fully trained safety wide and can open the doors so to speak. So what is the problem? Again it seems that now its become an us v them because of that bellend saying "smash the unions". Meanwhile people like me and even other frontline staff are caught in the crossfire?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
That surely is a good thing? So drivers aside an OBS will be fully trained safety wide and can open the doors so to speak. So what is the problem? Again it seems that now its become an us v them because of that bellend saying "smash the unions". Meanwhile people like me and even other frontline staff are caught in the crossfire?

Apart from the OBS having no training to do and a cluster**k of instructions that will leave everybody worse off

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Apart from the OBS having no training to do and a cluster**k of instructions that will leave everybody worse off

Right so the OBS wont in effect be safety trained and thats the problem.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I was out there showing SOLIDARITY in their FIGHT for a SAFE railway, shame you weren't there too

Sounds fun, so if you are not in the union it must have been your day off, or did you throw a sickie. I would have loved to have been there, but I was stuck in London waiting for a rail replacement bus service.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Imagine the luxury of being able to go to a station to join the strikers at the picket line. In beginning to understand your lack of sympathy for the working commuter.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here