Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane Duffy - it's a DONE DEAL!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
It's quite relevant. So i'll assume you rate our best CB.

How many howlers has Dunk had in his past, without even his head being turned which Duffy's obviously has?

You're berating a player based on a couple of games. What about last season?

Dunk/Stephens/Bruno etc were part of a team that nearly went down under poor management.Does that make them bad players ? Venky's have a poor history of sacking managers and hiring duffers. I doubt there's any good feel factor about that club. Fans constantly protesting and there best players sold off repeatedly.

It is - because you're basing your bad attitude to a single game - of which Dunk has plenty of history of.

Seriously? It's such a crap comparison, I don't know if it's even worth responding.
You tell me, folks: Has Lewis ever intentionally scored own goals, then come out for the second half the only player not wearing a black armband, and finally been sent off for booting the ball angrily at an opposing player all? Just because he's trying to engineer a move away?

What looks to be our new signing was the laughing stock of the football world ONE WEEK AGO for those precise things.
There was a thread on here laughing at him and full of 'Wouldn't want him here'.

Yet I'm in the minority seemingly.
Alright. Whatever floats your boat.

Oh and Spence: Bruno was absolutely awful that season under Hyypia. Stephens was out injured for much of it.
Has no-one else wondered why we're not having to compete with our teams for his signature?

Edit: See he's signed. Wonderful. Boooooooooooooooooooooooo. Wanker Wanker Wanker etc.

Loftslaces

Apr 6, 2016
Graffham
Phew......... just a few more days to get through before I can confirm we have not signed Wes Brown............ the more money we spend the safer we get from this terrible affliction........... welcome Shane........... hope you work out which goal to score in:albion2:

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
Wasn't he, statistically, the best defender in the air last season?

Statistically yes. He won 7.4 arials per game (Dunk 3.4) - only Sam Vokes had more: 7.7.

His passing is woeful though, 62.2% success (Dunk 76.4).

Interesting to see that Brighton have captured 2 players that were statistically top 6 players of the league last season.

C2016.JPG

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Has Lewis ever intentionally scored own goals

Has Duffy done that intentionally? No, not someone's opinion either.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Statistically yes. He won 7.4 arials per game (Dunk 3.4) - only Sam Vokes had more: 7.7.

Interesting to see that Brighton have captured 2 players that were statistically top 6 players of the league last season.

View attachment 77446
Moneyball.

Duffy's passing percentage a function of the long ball game Blackburn played.

Good news that he can play tomorrow.

PG

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

View attachment 77446

....and both full internationals. Anyone underwhelmed at signings like Duffy and Norwood need to take a serious look at themselves..............

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

View attachment 77446

I'll be amazed if his passing stats don't improve with us. What sort of craphouse football were Blackburn playing, who was in midfield for him to pass to?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Has Duffy done that intentionally? No, not someone's opinion either.

Watch them. No, really; watch them. And then consider the context.

Might be fun to have a [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] style vendetta against a player of ours.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Seriously? It's such a crap comparison, I don't know if it's even worth responding.
You tell me, folks: Has Lewis ever intentionally scored own goals, then come out for the second half the only player not wearing a black armband, and finally been sent off for booting the ball angrily at an opposing player all? Just because he's trying to engineer a move away?

No, he just flat out refused to play.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Good signing. CH says 4 quality CB for 2 positions. Good work all around. A number 10 in and keep Stephens and it's been a great summer window

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Good signing. Anyone that would rather a loan or cheaper deal and money spent on a striker/no.10 don't need to be worried. The club will have enough money left to get the quality of player they want or they wouldn't spend this on a CB.

With the quality at CB now I think we might play 5 at the back away from home occasionally, 2 wing backs, 2 central midfielders and Knocky behind 2 strikers. Could be quite effective and a change to see if we can turn a few draws into wins?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here