Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Pritchard

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
attachment.php
Here's the long awaited picture of Pritchard holding the scarf at his sighing. OOOH.

A complete tosser in my view.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
PS: Only 1 of the 10 football league teams with parachute payments finished higher than us last season (Burnley).
In fact several have been relegated whilst Albion have been in the Championship.
Which perhaps shows how smart we are with recruitment, how much we rely on TB's investment and how its not the only factor in getting out of this division.
Obviously helps in recruiting players like Pritchard mind.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
How about...

a) Either scraping FFP, so at least normal Championship clubs can compete if their owners can afford it
or
b) Not allowing all of the parachute payments to be used of new players for FFP purposes

b) would mean that new PL clubs could spend money, safe in the knowledge that they can afford new player wages even if they're relegated, but if they are relegated, they won't be able to splash the cash again as much as previously.

Sounds sensible - I would say any club receiving parachute payments can not spend a £ more on players than they receive from selling etc

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
PS: Only 1 of the 10 football league teams with parachute payments finished higher than us last season (Burnley).
In fact several have been relegated whilst Albion have been in the Championship.
Which perhaps shows how smart we are with recruitment, how much we rely on TB's investment and how its not the only factor in getting out of this division.
But ultimately, the 3 teams that were promoted invested more in their teams, and 2 of them had parachute payments. The amount of money that Bloom pours into this club is outrageous, I just find it painful that he can be obliterated by twats like Norwich with their Premier League sugar daddy money.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Yes but the important fact was that two of them got promoted last season

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
Had a conversation last night about this apparently Norwich only jumped in with their parachute payments to stop us strengthening. Makes sense as they are not desperate for a player in that position if this is the case then we will have little chance of securing top British talent.

A meeting of minds then

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Ok so to sum up my thoughts on this whole debacle:

Negatives:
We've been mugged.

Positives:
We have money left for other targets.
We've avoided signing a money driven tosser.
Norwich have, allegedly, paid more than us.

General musings:
What is it about other fans from other clubs, oh lets say Boro, who spend time on Twitter taking the piss?

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Ok so to sum up my thoughts on this whole debacle:

Negatives:
We've been mugged.

Positives:
We have money left for other targets.
We've avoided signing a money driven tosser.
Norwich have, allegedly, paid more than us.

General musings:
What is it about other fans from other clubs, oh lets say Boro, who spend time on Twitter taking the piss?

It's Newcastle fans now, they're painful! "Rafa gets who rafa wants" - Didn't get AK thought did they "We pulled the plug on AK" - No you didn't, Rafa was even on BBC Newcastle this morning saying he wants him but Brighton won't sell to a PROMOTION RIVAL. I hope Newcastle and Norwich implode. - too many new faces in one team?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
My view is Calderon and Pritchard did similar things and I don't blame either. Different to what you're saying I said

Calde didn't understand the English way, as it's common in Spain to talk to several clubs.

Pritchard did the same as Stephen Ward or Adam Clayton, although Clayton didn't get as far as talks with us.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
It's Newcastle fans now, they're painful! "Rafa gets who rafa wants" - Didn't get AK thought did they "We pulled the plug on AK" - No you didn't, Rafa was even on BBC Newcastle this morning saying he wants him but Brighton won't sell to a PROMOTION RIVAL. I hope Newcastle and Norwich implode. - too many new faces in one team?

Honestly I used to like Newcastle but their fans have just been offensively smug all pre-season. It's like they forgot that their team was utter shit-house last season.

Of the three that came down its only Villa I'd like to see do well. Just not at our expense.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
With Sky constantly stirring the pot with their obsession over how much money has been spent and the hysterical scenes on 'Transfer Deadline Day', not to mention their complete disregard for the interests of the fans.

Our wonderful game is going to shit, at an ever-increasing pace.

Completely agree. Totally lost what little interest I had in the Premier League – it's become like a circus and more about what happens OFF the pitch than on it. Endless posturing and analysis of incidents that are largely meaningless or forgotten about within a week. And then there is the ridiculous amounts of money spent on players who are clearly not worth that amount. Prichard, it could be argued, is a case in point – if people think the rumoured £8 was too much and Norwich paid more...

In years to come there will be a fixed 17 in the PL as they continue to get stronger and more and more money thrust at them – and six clubs who yo-yo between the Premier League and Championship (both of which will probably be called something different by then).

With regards Prichard, I don't wish him any bad luck – no-one really knows what happened with his conversations with the Albion or anyone else. As I said elsewhere, you can't miss what you never had. We move on.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Completely agree. Totally lost what little interest I had in the Premier League – it's become like a circus and more about what happens OFF the pitch than on it. Endless posturing and analysis of incidents that are largely meaningless or forgotten about within a week. And then there is the ridiculous amounts of money spent on players who are clearly not worth that amount. Prichard, it could be argued, is a case in point – if people think the rumoured £8 was too much and Norwich paid more...

I get what you mean but it only becomes that if you pay attention to it. I watch PL games for the football, couldn't care less what goes on behind the scenes no matter how much Sky try and force it down my throat. Last season's premier league was a gift, something you would have said could never happen.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hopefully missing out on Pritchard gives Tony even more determination to retain Stephens, Knockaert and Kayal and keeps him mindful of how replacement deals for these players could be very hard to do.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I get what you mean but it only becomes that if you pay attention to it. I watch PL games for the football, couldn't care less what goes on behind the scenes no matter how much Sky try and force it down my throat. Last season's premier league was a gift, something you would have said could never happen.

That is true and I am getting there. SSN has gone from a must-have to a must-avoid nowadays.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
In years to come there will be a fixed 17 in the PL as they continue to get stronger and more and more money thrust at them – and six clubs who yo-yo between the Premier League and Championship (both of which will probably be called something different by then). .

Whilst I'm not a massive fan of the Premier League, that is bollocks.

Last season Aston Villa fell out of the Premier League, whilst Leicester won it and less favourable teams Like Southampton and West Ham finished above Chelsea and Liverpool. Surely all of that points to the money being pumped in making the league more open, rather than a closed shop. Bournemouth and Watford stayed up fairly comfortably last season too. :shrug:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here