Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] *** Das offizielle Deutschland gegen Schweden thead. ***

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes - that's the thing isn't it. Perfectly understandable why the ref didn't give it in real time. Incomprehensible why those reviewing it on VAR didn't. Too big to be knocked out?

Yes. Was out last night, watching it now.

VAR is pointless at this moment, TBH thought it was a pen in real time as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
They can rest as many as they want. We don’t have to win. If we just go out with the aim of getting a 0-0 and nothing better then Belgium will be on course for Brazil or Germany and there’s nothing they can do about it.

Of course, Brazil haven’t won their group yet. That’s still tight going into the final game and them finishing second would make everything I’ve just said irrelevant.

FFS, how long have you supported England?

You should know, you never, ever count your chickens. We still have to play Panama tomorrow, let’s see what happens first, then start planning where we come in the group. I’ve been watching/ supporting England all my life, they never do what’s expected, good or bad.

Agree with both points tbf. But let’s get the job done today. Having said that, even a draw should see us through as don’t think Panama will beat Tunisia but yeh 2nd with 7 points would be nice as it stands - esp with Poland and Columbia unlikely to top that other group now!

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
So, if Germany beat S Korea 1-0, and Sweden beat Mexico 1-0 the table finishes like this :eek: :

SWE W2 L1 GF3 GA2 GD +1 Pts 6
GER W2 L1 GF3 GA2 GD +1 Pts 6
MEX W2 L1 GF3 GA2 GD +1 Pts 6

Exactly the same on points, on GD and on Goals scored....

If it then goes to head-to-head; Gemany beat Sweden, but Sweden beat Mexico, but Mexico beat Germany!

I’m guessing Germany would go through as 2-1 would be considered a better HTH result than 1-0? But how do you split Mexico and Sweden? Play-off?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So, if Germany beat S Korea 1-0, and Sweden beat Mexico 1-0 the table finishes like this :eek: :

SWE W2 L1 GF3 GA2 GD +1 Pts 6
GER W2 L1 GF3 GA2 GD +1 Pts 6
MEX W2 L1 GF3 GA2 GD +1 Pts 6

Exactly the same on points, on GD and on Goals scored....

If it then goes to head-to-head; Gemany beat Sweden, but Sweden beat Mexico, but Mexico beat Germany!

I’m guessing Germany would go through as 2-1 would be considered a better HTH result than 1-0? But how do you split Mexico and Sweden? Play-off?

It’s head-2-head between the 3 team’s first. Then GD, then goals scored. ie in effect they re-work the group with the South Korean games removed in your scenario. Then it’s lots.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
It’s GD first, then goals scored, then head-2-head between the three team’s games. ie in effect they re-work the group with the South Korean games removed. Then it’s lots.

That would see Germany and Sweden through then on GS in that mini table.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That would see Germany and Sweden through then on GS in that mini table.

Would feel very harsh on Mexico given the football they have played in the first two games.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hope so, but I honestly don’t remember the last stress free game involving England in a major tournament.

Fair point. An early goal should see a comfortable game. Paraguay look quite physical in the tackle but not that fit so a few cards early on should see us dominate the second half. Need Kane on form though as the others seem to have forgotten their shooting boots.

Quite, even Euro 96 wasn’t stress-free.....

Holland was. Scotland mostly was. After that it was a whole tournament of squeaky bum time IIRC.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
It’s head-2-head between the 3 team’s first. Then GD, then goals scored. ie in effect they re-work the group with the South Korean games removed in your scenario. Then it’s lots.

Before the lots there's the 'Fair Play' scenario, take the current points, then -1 for a yellow, -3 for a second yellow (red), -4 for straight red

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Fair point. An early goal should see a comfortable game. Paraguay look quite physical in the tackle but not that fit so a few cards early on should see us dominate the second half. Need Kane on form though as the others seem to have forgotten their shooting boots.

Holland was. Scotland mostly was. After that it was a whole tournament of squeaky bum time IIRC.

You’re obviously calmer than me...... [emoji2]

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You’re obviously calmer than me...... [emoji2]

How was the blood pressure today? :lolol:

I'm not remotely going to call that as a prediction on my behalf BTW, we both know how unpredictable England are, but eff me was that a nice relaxed afternoon! :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here