Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Propper or Kayal vs United, or play with three midfielders?

Kayal or Propper or three midfielder vs United

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On the downside, though, could do with a tad more empathy.....:rolleyes:
You know me so well.

Sadly all the empathy I had has been dragged out of me over the last 5 years, or so.

Wow, this took a turn!!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
For all the attacking we did yesterday (or lack of it) we might as well play 6 across the middle with no striker - Ulloa was useless yesterday.

With really nothing to lose in this game ,as we would not really expect to win, why not try Locadia up front ?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
With really nothing to lose in this game ,as we would not really expect to win, why not try Locadia up front ?

With Propper in a midfield four at the expense of Knocky. Gross to have a more forward role to float in midfield and partner Locadia.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
With Propper in a midfield four at the expense of Knocky. Gross to have a more forward role to float in midfield and partner Locadia.

Knocky doesn’t get anywhere near enough credit for his energy over 90 mins, he is played defensively more often than an attacker under CH’s “let’s settle for not losing” mentality imo. He was a very big part of why we came up and he’ll have played a part in our not going down, if we pull it off. I wouldn’t drop him for the next three big games.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Knocky doesn’t get anywhere near enough credit for his energy over 90 mins, he is played defensively more often than an attacker under CH’s “let’s settle for not losing” mentality imo. He was a very big part of why we came up and he’ll have played a part in our not going down, if we pull it off. I wouldn’t drop him for the next three big games.

I agree he does his defensive duties well, so does Izzy. But I think a solid midfield four could stifle United and allow Gross a more attacking role. I agree with you though Hughton probably won't ditch a trusted formula. That's why he is manager and I am a Postman I suppose:)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I agree he does his defensive duties well, so does Izzy. But I think a solid midfield four could stifle United and allow Gross a more attacking role. I agree with you though Hughton probably won't ditch a trusted formula. That's why he is manager and I am a Postman I suppose:)

What's the point of giving Gross a more attacking role at the expense of 33% of his attacking options.

Playing all 3 behind Gross and Murray (we all know it's going to be Murray) is no different to playing you and me up front, for all the good it will do.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Propper.
Love BK but Davy is absolute class. Surviving & flourishing in this division is gonna take a lot more than putting a shift in

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I'd like to see something like this in a narrow 4-1-2-1-2:

Ryan

Bruno
Dunk
Duffy
Bong

Kayal

Stephens
Groß

Pröpper

Murray
Locadia

With Pröpper and Groß switching around in the attacking mid role. It might not work but it'd be interesting to see.

I’d play the option the poll doesn’t cover - play Propper deep lying and Kayal more advanced and leave Stephens out. We need to get our passing and moving much better in midfield and Propper and Kayal do that whereas Stephens can be too static in his passing, drawing the press right down on us

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I’d play the option the poll doesn’t cover - play Propper deep lying and Kayal more advanced and leave Stephens out. We need to get our passing and moving much better in midfield and Propper and Kayal do that whereas Stephens can be too static in his passing, drawing the press right down on us

You cannot surely be serious about even considering replacing Stephens who has been our engine all season and IMHO should have been POTS.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Ryan

Bruno
Dunk
Duffy
Bong

Kayal

Stephens
Groß

Pröpper

Izzy
Locadia

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
How come this thread has become a 'things that CH won't be trying on Friday' thread?!

Propper has been first choice and ever present (apart from this suspension) all season, so I .expect him to play against Utd. Kayal has done a good job as back up CM in recent weeks, but that is basically what he is this season - our back up CM.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Propper or Kayal vs United
Yes.
or play with three midfielders?
No. Why would we want to be negative? 3 midfielders isn't what got us the points at home to Arsenal and Spurs, I don't see why we'd start now. It's the sort of stupid thing BG would do, so I'm out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here