Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ben Marshall

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Both Ulloa and Buckley played the first half versus Lewes last season :-(

At least one has been replaced albeit a year on, maybe the next few days will see Buckley's replacement arrive :smile:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is Marshall any good? Seems like third choice after the Iran fella and Murphy.

No idea but I'm willing to bet he's better than anything we currently have.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
:bhasign:
Is Marshall any good? Seems like third choice after the Iran fella and Murphy.
Tore us apart in the final season at Withdean when he was at Carlisle - one of the few visiting players who really stood out for me that season. I think now he could be really coming into his prime. Look forward to seeing him in the stripes

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Which still means the COST OF FOOTBALL IS INCREASING.

hi DFP
I sense you're not impressed with the investment by Bloom and the club on the playing side however
I report that it's historically high, compares well with most clubs, isn't inevitable due to increased TV revenue, and that although some clubs have new rich chairmen (like us), other clubs are seeking to cut wage bills. But agreed you think meh! To the 20m or so we cough up. It should be a lot more. Fair enough. Other clubs will outspend us this season.
I also sense you're not impressed with the squad.
I definitely agree with the latter . It's weaker than on 12-14 but I'm obviously not winning you over on the former despite my tedious and frequent efforts to convince you otherwise.
Let's hope these remaining four signings , whenever , they turn up will cheer us both up.
And let's wait until the accounts in Jan 2016 to find this out once and for all.
Sorry for going on !! And on. :)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
hi DFP
I sense you're not impressed with the investment by Bloom and the club on the playing side however
I report that it's historically high, compares well with most clubs, isn't inevitable due to increased TV revenue, and that although some clubs have new rich chairmen (like us), other clubs are seeking to cut wage bills. But agreed you think meh! To the 20m or so we cough up. It should be a lot more. Fair enough. Other clubs will outspend us this season.
I also sense you're not impressed with the squad.
I definitely agree with the latter . It's weaker than on 12-14 but I'm obviously not winning you over on the former despite my tedious and frequent efforts to convince you otherwise.
Let's hope these remaining four signings , whenever , they turn up will cheer us both up.
And let's wait until the accounts in Jan 2016 to find this out once and for all.
Sorry for going on !! And on. :)
You're wrong with regards to how I view Bloom's investment, he's spent an awful lot of money on the Albion, nobody can deny that. Where we differ is that I'm not going to be sucked in by presentation of figures saying the clubs spent x amount more than they did the year before, that's an absolute given. Football has spiralling costs, we shouldn't be surprised by this and as such the Albion's expenses will go up each year, it doesn't necessarily equate to a more focussed push for promotion or a stronger show of ambition.
You are correct in regards to the fact I think the current squad is somewhat pony.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I would be disappointed not to get Marshall. He is strong, has good pace, can cross a ball from the wing, or thread a pass through the middle. Just what we need (edit: even if he is third choice) :lolol:

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Marshall would be a great signing, sounds a very good player. Very good age and will improve. Pleasing to see is a solid 6 footer and good to chip in with 10 in a season.

Would be absolutely over the moon if we can get it over the line.

For me would take pressure off our failures to get more creativity in.

Would be reasonably happy with our starting 11 if we get him . . . of course need several more but think we would at least have potential going forwards

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
I don't know anything more than the rest of you, but reading between the lines I was somewhat under the impression that Marshall was the player we were 'waiting for a response from' and that behind the scenes figures and contracts were in place.
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] know more? Or prepared to give us a cryptic clue?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't know anything more than the rest of you, but reading between the lines I was somewhat under the impression that Marshall was the player we were 'waiting for a response from' and that behind the scenes figures and contracts were in place.

I've no idea if things between the clubs are in place, but I do understand that Marshall does want to come to us.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Marshall would be a great signing, sounds a very good player. Very good age and will improve. Pleasing to see is a solid 6 footer and good to chip in with 10 in a season.

Would be absolutely over the moon if we can get it over the line.

For me would take pressure off our failures to get more creativity in.

Would be reasonably happy with our starting 11 if we get him . . . of course need several more but think we would at least have potential going forwards
#

If he Chips in with 10 a season, we will be promoted.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford

Forgive my ignorance, but when did Hughton say about waiting on a response from a player? Not questioning it at all, just curious as i hadn't seen it myself :p

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Its all quite interesting and hotting up with transfers now.

An enquiry, £1.5m bid, £1.9m bid now a £2m bid....sounds like we're close to his valuation

Diego Fabbrini is off to Middlesbrough today and Lee Tomlin looks like he's off to Blackburn. Free's up Ben Marshall to sign for us?

Now Bozza has confirmed he wants to come to us, the chain of transfers could be kicking in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here