Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion knock back Newcastle bid for winger

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Blimey. Hold the nerve.

Sales. We haven't sold anyone and have turned down £15m-£20m of bids. Blimey. What other Champ club would do that in our position ?

Injuries are frustrating to say the least but they're certainly not worse than we are being led to believe. Hughton gives a daily run down of where we are in boring detail.

Players aren't unsettled across the board. Or if they are then there's no evidence of it ? Do you have any ?

I may have been a bit dramatic, but it must be unsettling for the squad with so much interest in key players. I do hope the injuries are not too bad, but I do stick by my point in that the club are never, I mean never are correct with the injury updates, how many times I have read quotes that say "its just precaution" "its just a minor knock" and then the player is out for weeks and weeks. Goldie look crocked at Crawley, I saw him myself in the lounge, huge brace across his knee, limping and obvious in discomfort, yet the following day CH is saying its minor and he is looking forward to him training. Not a chance on what I saw and not a chance of being ready in a few weeks. The big german has been out for months and months yet the club said he had a chance of being on bench end of season, yet he is still " a long term injury"

The 11 that started today is a strong, very strong 11, better than a lot of staring 11's come next Saturday, an 11 that I honestly feel will be challenging. But the rest are average and that's my worry come next week week. Once Goldie, March, Big German, KKL and Sidwell are fit then all of a sudden we have a team capable of winning this league.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I may have been a bit dramatic, but it must be unsettling for the squad with so much interest in key players. I do hope the injuries are not too bad, but I do stick by my point in that the club are never, I mean never are correct with the injury updates, how many times I have read quotes that say "its just precaution" "its just a minor knock" and then the player is out for weeks and weeks. Goldie look crocked at Crawley, I saw him myself in the lounge, huge brace across his knee, limping and obvious in discomfort, yet the following day CH is saying its minor and he is looking forward to him training. Not a chance on what I saw and not a chance of being ready in a few weeks. The big german has been out for months and months yet the club said he had a chance of being on bench end of season, yet he is still " a long term injury"

You realise thats on purpose, right? Why would we want to give our opponent's an insight into our line up?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
You realise thats on purpose, right? Why would we want to give our opponent's an insight into our line up?

No its not, don't be fooled. Others clubs are not stupid. As a paying Fan, I just want honestly. I understand the silence on transfers in and out and love the fact club keep quiet, but with injuries to key players, they are wrong to give us false hope/information. Just my opinion of course whether right or wrong.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
No its not, don't be fooled. Others clubs are not stupid. As a paying Fan, I just want honestly. I understand the silence on transfers in and out and love the fact club keep quiet, but with injuries to key players, they are wrong to give us false hope/information. Just my opinion of course whether right or wrong.

What nonsense. What false hope have the club given you?

It's a well documented the club likes to do it's business as quietly as possible. We have put bids in for players and so what more do you want?

It might not fun for fans not hearing rumors in the press or on forums but if we get our targets does it really matter?

Hughton has said on a couple of occasions what we need

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I guess Bloom could see the club break even for a single season by selling Knocky and keeping the cash, but is balancing this against the xxx million the club will get by going up. He's very publicly stated going up is the aim, not breaking even.

Problem as others have said will be Knocky being offered a massive wage deal that we won't match, then we'll have a real problem holding on to him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm not sure how anyone could ever tell if his mind was elsewhere. He plays with verve and swagger - it's just what he does.

Apart from when an opposition player kicks his achilles tendon. He yelped but the ref did nothing. It took him a while to run it off, but he carried on playing.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'm not sure how anyone could ever tell if his mind was elsewhere. He plays with verve and swagger - it's just what he does.

Verve and swagger sounds good, it means confidence, or if we're talking French, he's got panache.
All good news in my book :)

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
What nonsense. What false hope have the club given you?

It's a well documented the club likes to do it's business as quietly as possible. We have put bids in for players and so what more do you want?

It might not fun for fans not hearing rumors in the press or on forums but if we get our targets does it really matter?

Hughton has said on a couple of occasions what we need

Did you actually read my quote?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
The main issue is for me is if AK can add 10 points a season we'll basically be giving Newcastle 20 points over us in one player. But I'm sure TB and CH will do everything possible to keep him.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Gonna have to change his chant to "don't sell Knockaert" and end it with "you're gonna have a riot on your hands"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here