Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Something that's really good but you only discovered belatedly

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I'm a relatively new convert to oysters - love them now. So much so we're booking a 4 day break in Whitstable as they are so good there.

I'll throw in something out there - threesomes :wink: .... may be a midlife thing but I'm surprised I didn't discover them sooner !

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I'm a relatively new convert to oysters - love them now. So much so we're booking a 4 day break in Whitstable as they are so good there.

I'll throw in something out there - threesomes :wink: .... may be a midlife thing but I'm surprised I didn't discover them sooner !

That's what happens when you indulge in Oysters...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Chameleons.

I'm annoyed that I've missed out on 30 years of listening to them.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Oh my days! I saw a very good Chameleons vox 18 moths ago doing script of the brdge note perfect. My little brother can be seen in the audience of their live dvd from 1981 or 82. If you like the Chams, I recommend from the same era the Comsat Angels, Theatre of Hate, Danse Society (NOT the reboot) and (a tad later) the Burning Skies of Elysium

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Tolerance.

Until I was about 40 I had absolute black and white views about all things, people, music, politics, entertainment. I still have a bit of a tendency to walk away from anything or anyone that I find irritating (ahem), but I have found that lots of people that 20 years ago I'd run a mile from turn out to be very decent, and great company. Even if some of their views, tastes and attitudes may be a bit peculiar. The *****.

One other thing is loafing. Again when younger I was manic and obsessed with cramming as much into every day as humanly possible. When the sun was out I HAD to be stripped off and on a beach, and if I was stuck somewhere else I'd get extroardinarly tense and angry. Now I'm quite content to sit in traffic or even go shopping. Maybe its because I'm thinking about retirement. Loafing seems incredibly appealing now I've tried it a bit.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Gin and tonic. Hated it for years. Then on a cruise 6 years ago, it was Captains dinner night and I was trussed up in full dinner dress on a boiling day in the Caribbean when a waiter passed by with a tray of drinks. I took what I thought was a glass of water and necked it in one, only to discover it was a heavenly G&T. I've not looked back.

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Another vote for olives, always picked them off pizzas and binned them, then moved to Spain tried them again and loved them..oh and Bob Dylan working my way through his back catalogue, up to Nashville Skyline at the moment, incredible.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Tolerance.

Until I was about 40 I had absolute black and white views about all things, people, music, politics, entertainment. I still have a bit of a tendency to walk away from anything or anyone that I find irritating (ahem), but I have found that lots of people that 20 years ago I'd run a mile from turn out to be very decent, and great company. Even if some of their views, tastes and attitudes may be a bit peculiar. The *****.

One other thing is loafing. Again when younger I was manic and obsessed with cramming as much into every day as humanly possible. When the sun was out I HAD to be stripped off and on a beach, and if I was stuck somewhere else I'd get extroardinarly tense and angry. Now I'm quite content to sit in traffic or even go shopping. Maybe its because I'm thinking about retirement. Loafing seems incredibly appealing now I've tried it a bit.

On a similar theme, no longer having to strive and be ambitious.
I was fortunate enough to be able to retire at 55, (without a gold plated index linked pension!) and now, fifteen years later, I continue to enjoy life at a leisurely pace, albeit, rather creaky.
Looking forward to becoming a grandparent for the first time, next month. That is enough excitement for me, these days.
Must add that it is lovely not having anything to bother with things or people that piss one off! :)

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Country Music & Rap

Growing up I only ever heard top 40 country music, couldn't stand it for 45 years. Would tell anyone who listened that country music & rap were a disgrace to my ears. When I turned 45 I picked up a Sirius radio subscription and stumbled upon the Outlaw Country channel. Didn't turn it off for days. Now I'm 50 & country music is part of my daily routine.

I tailgate at every Buffalo Bills game, the last couple of years rap music has been making it's way onto the playlist of the guy in our area who supplies the music. He picks out some gems, no idea what they are, but they're not all terrible.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
On a similar theme, no longer having to strive and be ambitious.
I was fortunate enough to be able to retire at 55, (without a gold plated index linked pension!) and now, fifteen years later, I continue to enjoy life at a leisurely pace, albeit, rather creaky.
Looking forward to becoming a grandparent for the first time, next month. That is enough excitement for me, these days.
Must add that it is lovely not having anything to bother with things or people that piss one off! :)

I like the sound of that. My pension is pretty decent so some might say I'm a fool to not take it and run in September.....that said, ambition is a thing.... I always wanted to do great thngs, not be a great thng. We have plenty of the latter at my gaff, but few of the former. I still have hopes (with a new drug I'm working on) so I'm not keen to flick all the annoying deluded ****ers the V just yet....but I will when I go. Oh yes. :lolol::bigwave:

Glad life has panned out well for you - just try to keep the grand child entertained. Small children like nothing better than a disreputable Old. Slightly more edgy than the parents....and wise, of course. I am enjoying the late 'parent' experience as a step-dad for my missus' 7 year old. Small thinks I'm HILARIOUS (and a bit frightening - Lol).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here