Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bernardo - Brazilian defender SIGNS from RB Leipzig

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I hate the idea of either player being 'replaced' as you put it. For my money at least neither Marcus Suttner nor Gaetan Bong were out of their depth. Now if you were to say addition to, then l might agree!

The added bonus with Bernardo though is that he can play on the right too, so who knows, maybe in time he could prove to be Bruno's replacement.

Absolutely agree. Poor choice of words from me.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'm very happy we seem to have an almost complete squad and the players have barely started pre-season training. Just a few sessions in the gym and trying to ensure fitness, If we can sign 2 more before Ryan, Balogun & Izquierdo join up then we should be more than ready for the first game of the season when plenty of teams are not

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That explains your use of English.

7wGNuE.gif

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I'm very happy we seem to have an almost complete squad and the players have barely started pre-season training. Just a few sessions in the gym and trying to ensure fitness, If we can sign 2 more before Ryan, Balogun & Izquierdo join up then we should be more than ready for the first game of the season when plenty of teams are not
Indeed. Out of interest, does anyone know who Palace have signed so far?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Well I for one am going to mercilessly boo him.

I don't know why yet, but I'm sure a bloody reason will come to me from reports of the AFC Wimbledon game.

Brazil will beat England in the WC final and he will tweet something that is patriotic – but interpreted as insulting to the country he is now playing in – and become public enemy No.1 (a la Ronaldo after his wink) at every PL ground (including the Amex).

You heard it here first (and last).

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Indeed. Out of interest, does anyone know who Palace have signed so far?

Vicente Guaita on a free. Not a bad signing in an area that they have needed to improve on.

They have lost Cabaye and are looking like they're going to lose Townsend. Lots and lots of work for them to do then... :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Vicente Guaita on a free. Not a bad signing in an area that they have needed to improve on.

They have lost Cabaye and are looking like they're going to lose Townsend. Lots and lots of work for them to do then... :thumbsup:

Not true though, is it? All they have to do is keep hold of Zaha and keep him fit. That's basically IT.

Zaha IS Palace. The day he leaves, is the day the spiral begins.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Not true though, is it? All they have to do is keep hold of Zaha and keep him fit. That's basically IT.

Zaha IS Palace. The day he leaves, is the day the spiral begins.

We are all waiting for that day. (It's gonna be when he bloody retires isn't it)

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
He’s already talking about using us a stepping stone to go to a “better place”.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/brighton-signing-hoping-grow-english-football-move-better-place/

Not the wisest interview to give after his pitiful performance on Saturday.

Knowing that all eyes are on you in the PL, he should have realised an interview with ESPN Brasil would be translated into English so perhaps he's been a bit naive. We can't be too precious about these things though. Of course any player wants to play at the highest level possible and win trophies. If he really wants that he'll need to work hard and improve, which will be beneficial for all parties.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I felt sorry for the guy making his Prem debut and having to switch to right back after 18 mins - not ideal.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
He’s already talking about using us a stepping stone to go to a “better place”.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/brighton-signing-hoping-grow-english-football-move-better-place/

Not the wisest interview to give after his pitiful performance on Saturday.

He doesn't say that in the interview despite it being the headline. The reporter asks a leading question but he doesn't say anything directly.

The player has spoken to ESPN Brasil after the game, and couldn’t hide his frustration for the bad result right in his first match for the club.

“Pleased to be able to make my first match in the Premier League,” Bernardo told ESPN Brasil. “It sure was always a dream for me to play in the English league. But to be honest, quite frustrated by defeat. Especially because of the performance of our team, I think we really didn’t have a good match.”

“Watford were better than us, they were stronger, they were faster, the were smarter, they were more everything. So they deserved the victory. And now we have two very complicated clashes. But that’s the English league, it isn’t easy and we have to be prepared.”

Reporter João Castelo Branco mentioned that in a recent interview, Bernardo refered to Richarlison as a young Brazilian who could show his talent at Watford and then move to another club. So he asked the player if the left-back also wants to use the Premier League as a way of making his name in football.

“Yes, for sure. I think the Premier League is like the NBA in basketball. You being in the league, everyone is watching you. Maybe they’re not even watching Brighton, but watching another team, they end up watching.”

“Of course my total focus is on Brighton for now, I have a commitment to my team, we have our targets. But of course, I have my dreams, I have my goals, that is to go from here to a better place, and I think the Premier League is a good platform for this.”

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that he is an improvement at left back and will prosper once he builds an understanding with whoever is playing wide left as he always seems to be looking to play one two with that player. Who ever said and thinks that he can play right back should think again.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here