Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If YOU could chose 2 realistic players to sign..

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Have to agree. Bringing Murray back after Ulloa went, was the biggest no brainer you could get. Ticked every single box and then some more, yet it would appear we didn't even look into it...Shambolic, given he is 100% the type of player we are crying out for.

The only possible excuse the club has for no re-signing Murray is if he refused to return .... which I doubt. Missing opportunities like this really make me despair about the direction this club is going at the moment.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
We need a centre forward a proper centre forward and a left winger and then we need to play 4-4-2

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Couldn't agree more with goldstone's comments. Seeing players we need go elsewhere is so frustrating! With our stadium, our location on the South Coast, and the City giving a young player all he could wish for as a place to live, why are we incapable of attracting talent?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Murray and Barnes. Saw Murray in BP at the bottom of the A23 on Friday. He is both tall and gorgeous, just what we need.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Andy Carroll is kicking his heals at West Ham. I seem to remember he is quite tall, which seems to be one of the criteria that people are focussing on. How about asking for him on loan?

almost certainly crocked again then :D

brian lenihan rb(hull)
sam gallagher cf(saints)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Yanic Wildschut (Middlesbrough) winger/midfield
Ryan McLaughlin (Liverpool) defender

Last edited:

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Andy Keogh definitely. Maybe Derek Riordan. If we're going controversial, sod it, Ched Evans. I know a lot of people would disagree and hate the idea, but he's a free man, and you can't argue with his scoring record at this level - and he's better than what we've got now.

That had to be posted sooner or later.

FRYG

Bexhill Seagull
Apr 13, 2011
Bexhill
Chuba Akpom from arsenal could be worth the risk struggled on loan last year but great record at under 21, 6ft tall and quick

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The only possible excuse the club has for no re-signing Murray is if he refused to return .... which I doubt. Missing opportunities like this really make me despair about the direction this club is going at the moment.
No, a very possible excuse is that Charming and his 3 Jolly Chums who own Palace put too high a 'Bighton Tax' on any deal to us.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Depends how much we are going to go for promotion if it is s..t or bust Defoe and Ravel Morrison but wages may be a problem. If mid table is the aim we could go for a couple of untried Pemier U21s like the one at Arsenal Chuba Akpom and Jed Wallace of Portsmouth

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2003
i don't for a split second believe that there isn't a big striker available. Seeing us line up with 3 midgets up front on saturday really made me really question what on earth the club is doing. It seems so blindingly obvious what we need and yet we splashed out on Baldock instead. Signing Baldock would have been fine IF we also signed a big striker to play alongside him....I honestly can't see the logic behind this unless Sami insisted that he didn't want a big striker....well if he didn't want a big striker why did we spend 90 minutes pumping balls up to our strikers on saturday (don't think they won a single header all game)?!

it's just madness...and as Tony Meolas Loan Spell said earlier in the thread, big target men HAVE been available. Plenty of them would have contributed, say, 10 goals this season and would have also freed up Baldock/Colunga to do what they should be doing (being foxes in the boxes) rather than competing with defenders for headers who are bigger and stronger than them or pissing about on the wings

in this division a big striker is an absolute necessity. They don't have to be a goal machine but they HAVE to be big. It seems like every team has one apart from us

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I've heard Burke and his scouting team have recently updated their in-depth player sourcing system to Football Manager 2008.

So that'll be Benjani Mwaruwari and Noe Pamarot.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here