Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Scott Arfield

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Would be a very solid pick up at OUR price. But you know every time he decides he'd rather come here, one of those muppet clubs like them up the road will kick in more and more money till he's poor value. Will then follow the money and rot somewhere rather than being part of a core group.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Interesting point. At 29, he is not old and 2/3 years would only bring him up to 32. I could understand it if he was in his 30s now.

Scotty's style revolves around his workrate, he's not the greatest passer of the ball but he's quick and works very hard. I'm speculating but getting older will impact on this more than other parts of his game thus having more of a detriment. From what I've read he has been offered a contract at Burnley but not signed it, I sense he'll want the longest contract he can get and perhaps Burnley aren't offering this (or his agent is trying to see what else is there as an option or leverage).

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I think most people would have missed it...towards the end of this article..talks about him targeting a mid Jan ‘return’..i’ll take that with a pinch of salt

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...tips_are_top_as_he_plays_hidden_Premier_role/

There was a club comment last week that Sidwell expected to be available for the 4th round cup game. I must admit that I thought at the time that it might not be an option for us, but now we're through.........

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We are, allegedly, after another defender too in case you hadn't noticed, Baldock is back too :smile: Jesting aside I really like Baldock, will be good to see if he can crack it in the Premier League, positive comeback against Palace imo

I’ve always rated SB. Pace and direct on goal ... possibly the only striker we’ve had in the Amex 8 years of that type.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here