Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Drinking tea in the evening

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Luaka Ceylon Tea (T bags) is recommended. Mostly better than Twinings.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I have lost my sense of taste and smell

No way? I had the same thing happen to me about 6 months ago. Had a cold or something, then lost my sense of smell and most of my sense of taste. I have been waiting for it to come back and eventually gave up and went to the doctors on Wednesday. He recommended acupuncture and homeopathy!! I asked if there were any actual medical options. He's given me some saltwater spray and a steroid one. I'll let you know how I get on!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
No way? I had the same thing happen to me about 6 months ago. Had a cold or something, then lost my sense of smell and most of my sense of taste. I have been waiting for it to come back and eventually gave up and went to the doctors on Wednesday. He recommended acupuncture and homeopathy!! I asked if there were any actual medical options. He's given me some saltwater spray and a steroid one. I'll let you know how I get on!

Takes a long time to come back according to Google. Some sites suggest sniffing strong smells such as coffee, to re educate your taste buds. Most of your taste comes through smell apparently, be interesting to see if spraying stuff up your nose works better than not doing much.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Did he offer you some snake oil too? A sad day when actual doctors who should know better suggest homeopathy.very worrying

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Takes a long time to come back according to Google. Some sites suggest sniffing strong smells such as coffee, to re educate your taste buds. Most of your taste comes through smell apparently, be interesting to see if spraying stuff up your nose works better than not doing much.

I initially turned to Dr Internet as well, but it's been long enough that I want to try something. It might be that I've developed nasal polyps and the hope is the steroid spray will sort those, sense of smell sometimes does not recover. Having no sense of smell (I can literally smell nothing at all) is horrible - handy in some cases, but in general it's crap.
[MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION] Yep, Sterimar - I wasn't prepared for the gas propelled jet of water the first time.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Did he offer you some snake oil too? A sad day when actual doctors who should know better suggest homeopathy.very worrying

I just sat there confused. Why is a trained doctor offering me something which has absolutely no basis in science and shows no evidence to be anything other than a placebo? Fine I suppose, placebos are cheap, but they don't work on disbelievers. I love that one of the central principles is of dilution and shaking. Shaking. Shaking is one of the principles of this stuff. The theory that the more you dilute something the more effective it is also amuses me. Based on homeopathic principles you could make some very powerful tea by chucking a tea bag in the sea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here