Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Being JFC

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't think it is a witch hunt. the fact is we get better results without hom than we do with him. That's just how it is. Maybe our "system" does not suit him. But still a player with a big future.

Acker79 stats has shown that isn't true.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wouldn't happen in Germany.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
2. No need to add anything...

England U21 3-2 Germany U21 Posted at 86 mins
Arsenal's Calum Chambers comes on for Reading's James Forster-Caskey. Chambers will sit just in front of the backline. There are four minutes remaining.

Am I the only one that gets really pissed off with this? If this a Premier Leaue player, this would of either never happened, or been corrected straight away. Bearing in mind this is the next generation of England stars, I would still expect them to know a player from little old Brighton.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
jfc10.jpg

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
If he leaves It will be to a better club than us. People can slag him off but reality is he's looked upon very highly in the England camp and that's not by fluke.

I read an earlier post that suggested he struggles in a team that has played a slow pace of football and I would tend to agree with that notion. When he is played further forward he's shown a willingness to make late runs into the box. I.E. Southampton, Wrexham and Blackburn goals when he darted in to finish in more of an attacking midfield role.

Besides that I just find it embarrassing that we try to find a scapegoat for a poor few months and more than that it's a young under 21 international who's come through the ranks here...... Madness

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If he leaves It will be to a better club than us. People can slag him off but reality is he's looked upon very highly in the England camp and that's not by fluke.

I read an earlier post that suggested he struggles in a team that has played a slow pace of football and I would tend to agree with that notion. When he is played further forward he's shown a willingness to make late runs into the box. I.E. Southampton, Wrexham and Blackburn goals when he darted in to finish in more of an attacking midfield role.

Besides that I just find it embarrassing that we try to find a scapegoat for a poor few months and more than that it's a young under 21 international who's come through the ranks here...... Madness

He plays DEEPER for England than for us. His role is to win, retain and recycle possession. And he does it very well.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

It's not madness. The fact is, for whatever reason, when he plays for us he just doesn't play as well as he does for England. Hence the frustration vented regularly by many people on this forum.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Don't be, it's not we, it's just a few sad flappy-mouthed flabby-brains who if they weren't so thick would be embarrassed by their constant anti-JFC diatribe.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't think it is a witch hunt. the fact is we get better results without hom than we do with him. That's just how it is. Maybe our "system" does not suit him. But still a player with a big future.

Don't be, it's not we, it's just a few sad flappy-mouthed flabby-brains who if they weren't so thick would be embarrassed by their constant anti-JFC diatribe.
The clearly audible groan that goes round the stadium whenever JFC dares to misplace a pass would suggest it's not a sad few and it is a witch-hunt.
Especially when the likes of a player 10 years older and the club captain can boot the ball out for a goal kick, from his own half without a murmur.

The only thing that might work in JFC's favour is Holla seems to be catching up in the pitchfork stakes.
God help our loyal, passionate, almost silent, committed, 'fans' should they happen to play together.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I watched the 2nd half and I thought he was ok. He gave away quite a few fouls and gave away posession a few times, but his work rate was high and he seemed to be dictating some of the play from that deep position by pointing to others where to play the ball etc. Still too many sideways passes for me. But all in all a good experience for him.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
If you believe Andy Naylor, then even TB is getting fed up with criticism of JFC. See today's Argus.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
If you believe Andy Naylor, then even TB is getting fed up with criticism of JFC. See today's Argus.

I just read that, I'd like to hear the whole interview as it sounded quite derogatory towards us fans. Yes what the manager thinks counts but to say that we are all fickle so he doesn't care what we think is a bit off imo. We are paying 'customers', us fans are part of the reason the club is still here. JFC's performances haven't been too good this season along with many others and he finds himself out of the side. So some of the criticism of JFC from fans must have a basis even with our manager.
I do think he will turn out to be a good player but he's struggling to find his feet in the championship this year, most likely because it's a poorer side than last year. I have huge respect for Bloom but his backing of Sami and his comments about fans does make me think he might not listen to fans even when the majority have an opposing view. By that I mean, if the crowd want a manager out or if he takes the club in a particular direction etc.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I just read that, I'd like to hear the whole interview as it sounded quite derogatory towards us fans. Yes what the manager thinks counts but to say that we are all fickle so he doesn't care what we think is a bit off imo. We are paying 'customers', us fans are part of the reason the club is still here. JFC's performances haven't been too good this season along with many others and he finds himself out of the side. So some of the criticism of JFC from fans must have a basis even with our manager.
I do think he will turn out to be a good player but he's struggling to find his feet in the championship this year, most likely because it's a poorer side than last year. I have huge respect for Bloom but his backing of Sami and his comments about fans does make me think he might not listen to fans even when the majority have an opposing view. By that I mean, if the crowd want a manager out or if he takes the club in a particular direction etc.

Does TB not see the irony in his statement that "JFC played more than anybody in the first two thirds of the season"? That will be the two thirds that we were shit then. Since he hasn't been playing we have improved greatly.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

I am more inclined to think that TB has a very level headed to the thoughts of the fans. He is probably correct in saying that fans opinions change very easily, a fickle bunch etc etc..

What I think is more likely is that Naylor has put the most aggressive spin possible on TB's comments. Naylor has never hidden his disdain of the opinions of those who use social media to comment upon the Albion, and would dearly love to alienate many on NSC.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
If you were inclined to, you could suggest we were shit in that part of the season because we had a shit manager, and we've improved since we got rid of said shit manager. Heaven forbid Bloom should criticize us fans, but I think what he's saying includes more than a nugget of truth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here