Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] team for cardiff on tuesday night

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
How things change in two/three months! Nobody would've ever put O'Grady in the starting 11 let alone leading striker, good turnaround from him.

Stockdale

Bruno
Dunk
Halford
Bennett

Ince
Kayal

Texeira

Baldock
O'Grady
LuaLua

Bench: Walton, Rea, Calderon, Holla, Stephens, Best, CMS

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
He did score one and nearly another within 10 minutes of coming on, so maybe he could do well there?

I think we have used up all his shots on target. :jester: 3 shots on target in 3 seasons for Celtic.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
[/B]

Remind me how many minutes he has had on the pitch

When he gets longer than 7 minutes

That doesnt give a satisfactory answer to my question as I want to see him show this ability so the answer is if it isnt working with COG dont hang about swap them over and give him a chance. COG has shown good hold up play but doesnt look like he will score a goal in our system.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
This was how we lined up two years ago in Cardiff when we won 2 nil. Kuszczak; Bruno, El-Abd, Upson, Bridge, Hammond, Orlandi, Lopez, Bridcutt, Buckley, Ulloa. Vicente & LuaLua on the bench.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Well, I feel confident that after Saturday's too few minutes Hughton will not wish to make the same mistake again. So Kayal seems a sure starter. And bearing in mind how he performed I'm sure his confidence will be high.
Sooooo....bearing in mind I know I'ts tempting fate, but with the added possibility Kayal may well now be our nominated penalty taker. I certainly consider that 10/1 for him to score AT ANY TIME is generous beyond belief. This surely can only be that Bet365 are not up to date, especially considering how famously mean Bookmakers are. I've already emptied my piggy bank.:rolleyes:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Stockdale

Hughes
Halford
Dunk
Bennett

Kayal
Ince
Stephens

Lua lua
Baldock

Best

Hughes and Halford can defend and add significant height and experience to our side, Stockdale feels he has to come for crosses that he shouldn't as he has no trust in the current back 4 to deal with them. It's a win win all round :)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Walton
Hughes
Halford
Dunk
Bennett
Ince
Kayal
Holla
Calderon
Teixeira
Best

A proper 4-3-3 with Ince holding, Holla and Kayal either side getting up and down the pitch with Tex left and Calderon right supporting Best up front and the full backs when Cardiff have the ball. I would drop Stockdale, Greer and Bruno after the weekend and have them all on the bench. No player should be exempt from being dropped out of the team. Best shows more selfish desire to score than COG, which we need.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This was how we lined up two years ago in Cardiff when we won 2 nil. Kuszczak; Bruno, El-Abd, Upson, Bridge, Hammond, Orlandi, Lopez, Bridcutt, Buckley, Ulloa. Vicente & LuaLua on the bench.

That was a game that we should never have won, but somehow did. Cardiff battered our goal, but Kuszczak had an inspired game, Cardiff hit the woodwork many times, and Orlandi scored from a quick counter attack by Lopez. Somehow, Ulloa sealed in in extra time. It was an amazing game.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

And we were played off the park.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Stockdale

Bruno. Halford. Dunk. Bennett

Ince. Holla

Kayal

Tex. OGrady. Baldock

I'm loathe to play tex wide, but I'm assuming March isn't going to be fit, Calde needs a restt, and Kaz won't make two games in four days.

Bringing in Kayal to add more bite.

And I'd have Dunk as captain.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Stockdale

Bruno. Halford. Dunk. Bennett

Ince. Holla

Kayal

Tex. OGrady. Baldock

I'm loathe to play tex wide, but I'm assuming March isn't going to be fit, Calde needs a restt, and Kaz won't make two games in four days.

Bringing in Kayal to add more bite.

And I'd have Dunk as captain.

Thought an earlier post said March Baldock and Lua Lua all very doubtful and most likely out but Stephens and Halford added to the squad.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Any chance of a loan wide right sided midfielder by tomorrows game to replace Calderon.

Hope so. Monakana is obviously not ready to make the step up. It's a shame Norwich are playing EB now. Apart from SWP, I wonder who is likely; Jarvis?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think Chris Burke of Forest showed us what a wide man can do. To think we tried to buy him when he was at Rangers.

Burke did more (key passes) than Tex. But Tex looked flashier.

I am a shade disappointed that we got rid rid of Lopez and Colunga who can do what Burke did albeit a fraction slower. Solly March may be better though in the near future?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here