Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm absolutely loving this new found FACT that:-

- he can't play as a loan striker
- he can't play 4-4-1-1
- he needs a big man up top with him.
- he can't defend.

If only there was some evidence to the contrary:-

It would seem he's a different player when team-mates are in the same half of the pitch, that he's in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Keep going about what ? Not wanting to write a player off after a handful of games ?

No the scapegoaters might as well keep going, because one day they'll be right.

As said the OP for the Schelotto thread had been waiting for a poor performance to bounce his thread in order to prove how right he was.
The fact he had to wait 5 months and a few MotM performances before that validation seems to have passed him by.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

As said the OP for the Schelotto thread had been waiting for a poor performance to bounce his thread in order to prove how right he was.
The fact he had to wait 5 months and a few MotM performances before that validation seems to have passed him by.

Well they seem to be moving on to Duffy now... wonder who is next ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well they seem to be moving on to Duffy now... wonder who is next ?
They were sharpening their knifes a couple of weeks ago, when it was suddenly decided he couldn't pass.

It's as if all the goal bound blocks and goal line clearances don't actually happen.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

This - it's laughable. One poor showing (against probably the best attacking team in the league) after several decent ones and players get slammed
Locadia had no chance to show anything yesterday - completely isolated up front, and long balls being lumped up to him when he was up against VVD. When he did have the ball on the ground he looked alright at times.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
This - it's laughable. One poor showing (against probably the best attacking team in the league) after several decent ones and players get slammed
Locadia had no chance to show anything yesterday - completely isolated up front, and long balls being lumped up to him when he was up against VVD. When he did have the ball on the ground he looked alright at times.

I think Hughton was at fault for playing him yesterday. He didn't stand a chance in that formation. At least Murray or Ulloa with their height would have been able to win some of the balls booted upfield.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I couldnt believe how many people where moaning about him yesterday and how many people are on here too. There is nothing he could have done up top by himself with no distribution towards him. He isnt a Murray or Ulloa and wants balls played through for him to run onto, yesterday the other 10 men on the pitch didnt give him any of that so unsure as to why the lynch mob are out.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think Hughton was at fault for playing him yesterday. He didn't stand a chance in that formation. At least Murray or Ulloa with their height would have been able to win some of the balls booted upfield.

Agreed.......guess he wanted to take a look but it was futile in that setup and against Liverpool. As soon as Murray came on he started to win a few headers. If he was that keen he maybe should've started Murray and Locadia and gone with 442.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Amazing how people on here never learn their lesson.

Yeah let’s write off Locadia after three starts in the league, one of which he was asked to play as a winger and defend in one of our worst team defending performances of the season (Palace) and then play up top on his own against a Champions League finalist when our players struggled and kept giving the ball away.

To judge what he can bring to the team after those two games is mental, He needs to adapt his game and find a way to use his strengths and get used to the physicality of the premier league.

I’m sure it’s the same people who wrote off Groß, Propper, Jose and Mat Ryan this season

Could not agree more. Locadia has always seemed like a player for next season to me, and I saw enough in the Cover and Utd cup games to see that there is something there. It was worth signing him for the adrenaline shot he gave Glenn who became undroppable once he saw there was a new threat to his place in the starting line-up.

Hughton sounds very excited about what he can do with Locadia next season and I shall trust his judgement on this one.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
In the pub when we saw the team we assumed Kayal would be more holding and Propper would be in the Gross role. found it odd that it was the other way round when Propper has played more advanced for Holland

Yes indeed. Still can't understand why Propper doesn't play the attacking midfielder / number 10 role more. As you rightly point out, that is where he plays for his country and he scores goals.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm absolutely loving this new found FACT that:-

- he can't play as a loan striker
- he can't play 4-4-1-1
- he needs a big man up top with him.
- he can't defend.

If only there was some evidence to the contrary:-

It would seem he's a different player when team-mates are in the same half of the pitch, that he's in.
For all your self-righteousness towards people who are concerned about his ineffectiveness so far, can I just point out that this isn't evidence at all, as approximately half of EreDivisie is Championship or even League One standard. He doesn't get to bang in 4 goals against league one standard teams like VVV Venlo and being surrounded by Champions League standard players whilst he's at the Albion. Why don't you post a montage of CMS at Peterborough in league one whilst you're at it, another player whose deficiencies you were laughably unaware of, for around 2 seasons?

Ultimately, you might want to look at the fact that Chris Hughton hasn't trusted him to start until now, and then ask yourself why. I haven't seen a great deal of him but from what I hear, he's not great at doing the basics, like tracking back. Sounds to me as if he needs to change his attitude a bit. Poor first touch I hear, too. Not much use at this level if we can't look after the ball after winning it. Quick? Not sure. A bit of pace but not lightening fast, that's for sure.

Acting all happy clappy and attempting to belittle those who query this signing is laughable. He may turn out to be a great signing and I hope he does, but so far it really doesn't look good. Sadly, I'm expecting a whinge in the Dutch press at some point in the next 6 weeks where he bemoans a lack of opportunity and would consider coming back to Holland if PSV, Ajax or Feyenoord came in for him.

Oh and it's "lone", by the way.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Terms like 'Lynch mob' being thrown around, are laughable. People have every right to question Locadia, on his showing so far.

Personally, I think the lad is being given an incredibly easy ride, by the fanbase. “Lack of opportunity / tough opposition / needs a pre-season / played out of position /etc”.

Doesn’t show enough in training, or off the bench, to get in the side = “Lack of opportunity”, or even amazingly “Badly treated”
Gets a game (out wide), but plays poorly = “Can’t judge him as that’s not his best position” (Even though it IS where he generally played for PSV)
Gets a game up front, but is totally anonymous = “No support” or “Opposition tough” (Well that’s the league you’ve signed up for Jurgen. You don’t get to bang in 4 against Go Ahead Eagles or Excelsior I’m afraid)

Sincerely hope I’m ridiculed for this in a year’s time, but I just don’t think he’s very good at playing football. No decent touch means he can’t look after the ball, and he’s not (very) quick, so can’t run in behind. It’s true he had little support yesterday, but all the things he could have done (pressure the opposition / hold the ball up for more than two seconds / play in team-mates) he failed to do.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
So people are judging him on being totally isolated with no ball against the champions league finalists?...

Better see your local GP's guys.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Terms like 'Lynch mob' being thrown around, are laughable. People have every right to question Locadia, on his showing so far.

Personally, I think the lad is being given an incredibly easy ride, by the fanbase. “Lack of opportunity / tough opposition / needs a pre-season / played out of position /etc”.

Doesn’t show enough in training, or off the bench, to get in the side = “Lack of opportunity”, or even amazingly “Badly treated”
Gets a game (out wide), but plays poorly = “Can’t judge him as that’s not his best position” (Even though it IS where he generally played for PSV)
Gets a game up front, but is totally anonymous = “No support” or “Opposition tough” (Well that’s the league you’ve signed up for Jurgen. You don’t get to bang in 4 against Go Ahead Eagles or Excelsior I’m afraid)

Sincerely hope I’m ridiculed for this in a year’s time, but I just don’t think he’s very good at playing football. No decent touch means he can’t look after the ball, and he’s not (very) quick, so can’t run in behind. It’s true he had little support yesterday, but all the things he could have done (pressure the opposition / hold the ball up for more than two seconds / play in team-mates) he failed to do.

Crikey, this is where I am but just so hoping I'm wrong, delighted to be wrong, but other than against some League One opposition, I'm left really worried he just isn't up to it. Please let me be bounced, that is all I can say!

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
So people are judging him on being totally isolated with no ball against the champions league finalists?...

My thoughts entirely. With no Gross, Knockaert not being as effective as he has been and March totally anonymous, he had very little opportunity to do anything on the rare occasions he managed to get the ball.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

This, the stupidity of some people on NSC knows no bounds when it comes to judging new signings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here