Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sexist Pig

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
What's actually going to happen to the old boy then? I imagine the humiliation is enough.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
He was bang out of order. People should be able to post a picture of themselves on a professional careers site and not have whiskey soaked old leaches commenting on them on that manner.

Women should always be treated as if they are equal.

In this case I think women are treated as an equal. Women in my office are always commenting on men's profile pictures. In fact the women are a lot less politically correct when they see a good looking guy than the men are when they see an attractive women.

I think it is now perfectly acceptable for women to ogle men but men can no longer do it to women. I can think of two examples recently. 1 - The two male models on 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown. If this was two women the program would have been taken off air ages ago. 2 - The actor who plays Ross Poldark did a question an online question and answer session. It was just a load of women asking him to marry them and asking if he could come round a scythe their lawns!!!

None of this offends me. I just get annoyed when women then ask to be treated as equal.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
My problem with her is this: when interviewed on 5Live she said that AFTER having received his message she then looked at his profile and suddenly realised he was a senior legal figure in a big firm.

So why the hell was she seeking to use LinkedIn to connect with him without actually being aware of his position?

Having made contact he made an error of judgement in his reply, but she is being naïve if she doesn't realise that most men in their late 50s will be flattered to receive a connection request from an attractive woman in their 20s.

I believe she then over-reacted, not by her reply to him (which is reasonable, albeit harsh) but by going public with it on Twitter. You have to feel particularly sorry for the man's family and business colleagues at this time.

As for her career prospects, what employer would want to hire this woman? She sounds like a complete nutcase with poor judgement

Spot on

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
In this case I think women are treated as an equal. Women in my office are always commenting on men's profile pictures. In fact the women are a lot less politically correct when they see a good looking guy than the men are when they see an attractive women.

I think it is now perfectly acceptable for women to ogle men but men can no longer do it to women. I can think of two examples recently. 1 - The two male models on 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown. If this was two women the program would have been taken off air ages ago. 2 - The actor who plays Ross Poldark did a question an online question and answer session. It was just a load of women asking him to marry them and asking if he could come round a scythe their lawns!!!

None of this offends me. I just get annoyed when women then ask to be treated as equal.

What a crap argument :lolol:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Can't agree. Women need to speak up about it. It needs to be made public just as racism was in the 80's. The more it is highlighted the more it will be I. The public consciousness and the less of it there will be.

Yes in part I agree with you and I would consider myself to be extremely PC on such matters; however, in this instance, I cant help but think that the woman in question has brought this up with a hidden agenda - I could of course be wrong and she could well genuinely have been offended by it and if she is then I would withdraw my cynicism on the matter.

What I don't like is when people scream for help in such circumstances when help is not required. The ''liittle boy who cried wolf'' syndrom. When it happens for no reason then real genuine cases of sexism get overlooked when people use the system purely for their own ends and not for the general well being of all women.

What she has probably done is potentially three fold.

1. She has probably shot down the reputation of a colleague who could well have been a competitor for future promotion, hence personally gaining from her actions
2. She has said ''look at me look how good or professional I look and even others notice it'' and brought it to the attention of everyone.
3. Look how well I Champion the rights of women.

I could well well have misjudged the woman's agenda but the above facts are undisputable

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

Please tell me you are joking ...

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
What a crap argument :lolol:

You guys should probably tell him how it's a crap argument if you're going to state that? Men get objectified on TV all the time another one is the coca cola advert with the guy mowing the lawn who strips his sweaty top off to reveal a 6 pack whilst some pervy middle age women look on, if we are questioning sexism, surely this is objectifying men?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
To be honest I think women have let their rights go to their heads a bit, they all seem to be very mouthy and bad attitudey nowadays, just saying

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Storm in a D Cup.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
[MENTION=30847]Megazone[/MENTION] and [MENTION=19150]piersa[/MENTION] could I respectfully request that you steer away from personal attacks on me. If you're not interested in the subject matter could you please direct your vitriol elsewhere. Thank you.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
She loses at least part of the moral high ground when she brings his age into it. Is she suggesting that she'd be less offended if someone her own age sent her the same message?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here