Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Spurs New Ground

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Croydon isn't in London it's an entirely different city all together, on it's own. If you listen to them...

Hmmm, as I recall, they shit on endlessly about being "South London & proud".

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Nowhere else comes close. The only American city with two NFL teams is New York; they share a stadium (in New Jersey). LA has quite a few college football grounds, but these don't tend to be as high-spec as our modern football stadia.

Tend to be very high capacity though.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
New York (METRO) Stadiums - Some pretty good arenas here. As good as London.....I'd say probably yes....this doesn't include any of the many College/Univ stadiums in the Metro.

Madison Sq Garden (Rangers/Knicks)
Yankee Stadium (Yankees)
Citi Field (Mets)
Brooklyn (Nets)
Prudential (Devils)
MetLife (Jets/Giants)
RedBulls (NY RedBulls)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
New York (METRO) Stadiums - Some pretty good arenas here. As good as London.....I'd say probably yes....this doesn't include any of the many College/Univ stadiums in the Metro.

Madison Sq Garden (Rangers/Knicks)
Yankee Stadium (Yankees)
Citi Field (Mets)
Brooklyn (Nets)
Prudential (Devils)
MetLife (Jets/Giants)
RedBulls (NY RedBulls)

I'll give you the two baseball stadiums, but if we are going to include smaller and indoor venues, then Bozza has barely scratched the surface with his list. He hasn't mentioned Lords, The Valley, The Oval, QPR and Brentford's proposed stadiums, the O2, Wembley Arena and so on.

And you're including the entire tri-state area in your list. People in New York consider New Jersey to be another planet. They won't travel to New Jersey to watch sport unless that sport is the NFL, so it's a bit disingenuous to include them in a list of New York stadiums.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
On the flip side, how many other world cities will have a top flight stadium as embarassingly shithouse as Selhurst Park?

You can't mean that wonderful atmospheric stadium, where a few hundred black hooded fans bounce up an down like Zulu's to a drum, who are allowed to stand all game in an all seater stadium?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here