Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New away kit

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Ok whatever the colour is close up I think it looks like a dirty green from any kind of distance. I still don't like it though.

Eyedropping the colour gives you this - i'm sticking with 'yellow sludge'

Untitled picture.png

don't get me wrong, I do not like that colour.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Seems to be being called an "alternative kit", along with last season's black one.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Don't think it is as nice as the yellow away kit we had a few years back with the collar.

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
ah..thanks for that. I didnt realise we were keeping the black kit....cheers

They did call it the away kit in the tweet & the video title, I think it's more that we'll be wearing a good share of the black kit & this yellow kit as an away kit next season. I can't see us having 4 kits.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
What I don't get is someone somewhere seriously thought- yep, that's the colour combo we should go with.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I like the pinstripe effect on the home shirt sleeves - but it doesn't work at all on this one with those colours. I know the designs are finalised months in advance, but that is a poor effort to see us into the EPL. Looks more like a League 2 kit to me. Im surprised it got signed off after our previous efforts have been so nice tbh.

At least Mat Ryan will feel at HOME seeing his team-mates wearing it on AWAY days....

Jimmy Grimble

Don't think it is as nice as the yellow away kit we had a few years back with the collar.

Agreed. That was a decent yellow kit. The sleeves make this one horrendous and I'm speaking as someone who doesn't normally get het up about kits.

Surely they just didn't know it would look that green/yellow sludgy colour when they asked for thin black and yellow stripes? I see no other explanation for sanctioning it.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Ok whatever the colour is close up I think it looks like a dirty green from any kind of distance. I still don't like it though.

Agreed. That was a decent yellow kit. The sleeves make this one horrendous and I'm speaking as someone who doesn't normally get het up about kits.

Surely they just didn't know it would look that green/yellow sludgy colour when they asked for thin black and yellow stripes? I see no other explanation for sanctioning it.

Just think how much better / less grotesque it would look if they had said 'yellow and white please'.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
I'm afraid I was hoping for something simpler and classier for our first season in the Prem.

The home shirt looks like three kits stitched together and the away kit is bowfing.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
i'm thinking this isnt the away kit.....the 'alternative kit' is like the orangey one we had that we have hardly worn....

From Twatter: There are no away kits in the Premier League. We have two alternative ones, and the University gold will take priority.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here