Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky - Brighton v Newcastle NOT yet chosen as a telly game

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We won't know anything until after FA Cup 3 is played in January.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Rearrnaged date not straightforward http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/brighton-and-hove-albion/fixtures

because of Newcastle match with QPR excludes the obvious date of 31 January 2017

http://www.skysports.com/newcastle-united-fixtures

Wednesday 8 February 2017 (unless Cup replay then 21 February on a Tuesday) ? First one is not a Champions League date, second one is. http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2017/competitionformat/

FA Cup replay date would not be so straightforward as well.

The FA Cup rules say both all clubs must play a strong representative side in FA Cup matches. (But Holla played against Hull last season.)

Fifth round and we are scheduled against Barnsley.

Of course all bets are off if both Newcastle and Brighton play reserve teams and lose on January 7th.

Last edited:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
But even so, wouldn't they just pick it and then just move it to a time and date that works? Because they'd DEFINITELY want this game.

Will depend on when its played, IIRC UEFA have a rule that says if there is champions league football on then no other live football can be shown on TV.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A4F

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
What are the chances of us both getting through the third round and then we get drawn at home to the geordies in round four?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Rearrnaged date not straightforward http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/brighton-and-hove-albion/fixtures

because of Newcastle match with QPR excludes the obvious date of 31 January 2017

http://www.skysports.com/newcastle-united-fixtures

Wednesday 8 February 2017 (unless Cup replay then 21 February on a Tuesday) ?

FA Cup replay date would not be so straightforward as well.

The FA Cup rules say both all clubs must play a strong representative side in FA Cup matches. (But Holla played against Hull last season.)

Fifth round and we are scheduled against Barnsley.

We are playing on the 2nd February. They won't arrange it for the potential 4th Round replay date, so 7th and 8th Feb are out. We are playing Ipswich on the 14th. So next viable date is 21/22 February, which is a Champions League night so it cannot be on TV. I would put a reasonable amount on the Newcastle game not being on TV, as the only dates where Sky can get it on TV are so late in the season the clubs won't be able to rearrange for then.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
We are playing on the 2nd February. They won't arrange it for the potential 4th Round replay date, so 7th and 8th Feb are out. We are playing Ipswich on the 14th. So next viable date is 21/22 February, which is a Champions League night so it cannot be on TV. I would put a reasonable amount on the Newcastle game not being on TV, as the only dates where Sky can get it on TV are so late in the season the clubs won't be able to rearrange for then.

Or we'll have another Thursday game... With Reading (H) also moved (to the Sunday) and also on TV.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
We are playing on the 2nd February. They won't arrange it for the potential 4th Round replay date, so 7th and 8th Feb are out. We are playing Ipswich on the 14th. So next viable date is 21/22 February, which is a Champions League night so it cannot be on TV.

28 Feb/1 March would be an option though

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Or we'll have another Thursday game... With Reading (H) also moved (to the Sunday) and also on TV.

Does the Europa League have the same rights as Champions League, re no domestic football broadcast? I would suspect so.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
28 Feb/1 March would be an option though

5th Round replay date. Doubt the clubs would rearrange for that date either. Then you are back to the Champions League clashes on March 14/15th. I think Notters Thursday/Sunday is the only way they can get this game on TV.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
28 January (if both Newcastle and Brighton lose)
8 February (if neither Brighton and Newcastle draw)
21 February very likely clashes with Champions League

Last edited:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
7 January (if both Newcastle and Brighton lose)
8 February (if neither Brighton and Newcastle draw)
21 February very likely clashes with Champions League

7th January is the third round date. We will have to do particularly badly to be knocked before then :dunce:
8th Feb can only become a thing if both get knocked out in the 3rd round, in which case we will play on the original date.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Does the Europa League have the same rights as Champions League, re no domestic football broadcast? I would suspect so.[/QUOTE

I am certain that we have played before when the Champions League games have been going on. I am sure that I read that the only matches not allowed are PL games.??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here