Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion Vs Reading FC ****Official Match Thread****

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Because they play Hull and Boro

But if they won all of their remaining matches they could still mathematically come second.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Because they play Hull and Boro

I WASN'T ASKING YOU! And I was asking why does he want them to win ALL their remaining matches. Smarty pants. I hate them so much I could throw a shed.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Fantastic win, which slightly eclipses the fact that Hull dropped more points tonight.

Middlesbrough's next 2 :

Hull (h)
QPR (a)

Plenty of scope for their meltdown to continue.

Up to us now to win at MK.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Strangely, I find these 1 goal wins, with squeaky bum time in the last 20 mins more entertaining than the recent 4-0 games that were over at half time.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Our syndicated news service in work (radio station) went in to detail about how Hulls draw has damaged their promotion chances on the 10 news but totally failed to mention our game at all.

I'm beginning to suspect we've actually got an invisibility cloak on when it comes to generic reportage.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Strangely, I find these 1 goal wins, with squeaky bum time in the last 20 mins more entertaining than the recent 4-0 games that were over at half time.
Masochist.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Away from the game itself, the few muppets who stood at the back of the North Stand N1D shouting constant shit and clearly had no interest in the game, I hope you don't bother returning after shouting out how our support is shit because nobody would join in with your constant shit all game, I think they decided to go around the 70th minute. I know I wasn't the only one getting pissed off with it.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
On a very good day we could have won 7-0 cause the chances were missed. Stephens 3*, Murphy 1 Baldock 1 Knockaert 1. (*some of these could be Wilson, I couldn't see for sure)

So I was not impressed with our strike force. Too many aerial balls to Baldock which were a complete waste. I can't argue with Baldock's contribution , but only once (enough) did he find space in his central role against much bigger defenders (and that was when Reading lost the ball in midfield; like we did against Cardiff). Baldock did better out wide where the other players and the fans could see him clearly and he put in a good low cross. I think Baldock does better playing wide where we a surfeit of players to chose from.

Wilson was knocked off the ball too often. But he took his goal well whereas the others missed.

I still do not know what our best pair up front are?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
On a very good day we could have won 7-0 cause the chances were missed. Stephens 3*, Murphy 1 Baldock 1 Knockaert 1. (*some of these could be Wilson, I couldn't see for sure)

So I was not impressed with our strike force. Too many aerial balls to Baldock which were a complete waste. I can't argue with Baldock's contribution , but only once (enough) did he find space in his central role against much bigger defenders (and that was when Reading lost the ball in midfield; like we did against Cardiff). Baldock did better out wide where the other players and the fans could see him clearly and he put in a good low cross. I think Baldock does better playing wide where we a surfeit of players to chose from.

Wilson was knocked off the ball too often. But he took his goal well whereas the others missed.

You do know they had more chances than us right? On another day they could've beaten us 3-0 as well. It was by no means as one sided as you make out.

And on a separate note, you aren't happy with our strike force, yet you can't argue with Baldock's contribution, yet we lumped too many balls forwards to our strike force... I'm not sure you've worked out what you really think the problem is :albion2:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Last night someone showed me a picture of what you look like in real life.

You don't look like a boring bloke, but the camera does lie in your case :moo:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
You do know they had more chances than us right? On another day they could've beaten us 3-0 as well. It was by no means as one sided as you make out.

And on a separate note, you aren't happy with our strike force, yet you can't argue with Baldock's contribution, yet we lumped too many balls forwards to our strike force... I'm not sure you've worked out what you really think the problem is :albion2:

If you count all the free kicks we gave away yes. I thought our chances were full opportunities and there chances were more difficult, just half chances. For the record I think there is not much to choose between our strikers in the run of the mill Championship games. The test will come with the more difficult opponents.

If a player (Baldock) does an assist, puts in a key cross and has a shot he should have put away that just about OK. That is more than usual. Burnley are unlikely to give away the ball so easily for our first goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here