What was this queue all about ?

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I printed my ticket off as I was supposed to and it still didn't work at the turnstile. So I had to queue up and miss 10 minutes while getting soaked. Not impressed at all, last time I try the "print at home" option.

This happened to my son today, he wanted to go into the North Stand today and not use his normal seat In the WSU, my wife printed off a ticket and he couldn't get in with it, he was told after queuing up for ages at the kiosk to go into the ticket office.

It turns out he should have had a print out with a bar code and there was two things to print at home.
Did you miss the bar code part?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
This happened to my son today, he wanted to go into the North Stand today and not use his normal seat In the WSU, my wife printed off a ticket and he couldn't get in with it, he was told after queuing up for ages at the kiosk to go into the ticket office.

It turns out he should have had a print out with a bar code and there was two things to print at home.

I've printed of half a dozen tickets and it hasn't failed yet, ( providing there is enough ink in the printer.) The Barcode bit is on a PDF that is attached to the email ticket receipt. As long as that bit prints ok it seems to work. Although I printed an airline ticket out in the summer, which worked in a similar manner, except that the bar code was too near the top of the sheet and didn't print correctly..........so I had to go back to the desk and stand in a queue. Grrr.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Rumour has it that the turnstile will read your ticket straight from your phone, so no need to print it out anywhere.

Can I stress this is only a rumour from a supporter in ESU

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I printed my ticket off as I was supposed to and it still didn't work at the turnstile. So I had to queue up and miss 10 minutes while getting soaked. Not impressed at all, last time I try the "print at home" option.

I did not read the instructions properly and had to queue up twice, pay £1.50, and I got the wrong seat anyway. I was not the only one to make the same mistakes.

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading

Nope, I had the barcode but when I scanned it a red light appeared on the turnstile. A steward then scanned my ticket with their portable scanner and they could read all my details, but said the ticket is blocked and I have to go to the ticket office in the club shop.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Rumour has it that the turnstile will read your ticket straight from your phone, so no need to print it out anywhere.

Can I stress this is only a rumour from a supporter in ESU

I did that for the newport game. Had changed seats so needed to print ticket, but printer was playing silly buggers.

Opened pdf on phone, zoomed in on the barcode and held it under scanner. Worked a treat, steward seemed not only happy with this entry method but also a little impressed.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I've had that a couple of times where they've sold my seat twice, and the other person has got in first. Both for cup games. Didn't have to re queue though, they just let me in and told me to find an empty seat.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
I did that for the newport game. Had changed seats so needed to print ticket, but printer was playing silly buggers.

Opened pdf on phone, zoomed in on the barcode and held it under scanner. Worked a treat, steward seemed not only happy with this entry method but also a little impressed.

Now that's a great idea!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here