Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion Res vs Reading Res - FA Cup 3rd Rd ***Official Match Thread***

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
The run continues and we're almost back on course with time etc....15.5 hours approximately before kick off:

Brighton captain Gordon Greer is back in contention after missing the last five games with a calf injury while midfielder Andrea Orlandi could start following knee trouble.
Right-back Bruno (thigh) and winger Will Buckley (hamstring) are out.

Reading welcome back defender Kaspars Gorkss from suspension while winger Jordan Obita could also return (virus).
Wayne Bridge and Sean Morrison have knee problems while Chris Baird (ankle) and Jobi McAnuff (foot) are out.

Stats

• This is the first ever FA Cup meeting between Brighton and Reading.
• Neither side has ever lifted the trophy. Brighton were beaten in the final of 1983 after a replay against Manchester United.
• Reading's best FA Cup run saw them reach the semi-finals in 1927
.• This is one of two all-Championship ties in the third round this season.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Wind is expected to die down to a Force 3 (tolerable) by Saturday afternoon.

It is still going to be cold. I wish they (caterers) sold hot soup in the concourses.

It is a good job that McAnuff is out. Reading have lots of injuries as well.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
were defiantly loose

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
we need a win looking at the last x11 games against reading
11 Feb 2002 Brighton and Hove Albion v Reading W 3-1 League Division 2
09 Mar 2002 Reading v Brighton and Hove Albion D 0-0 League Division 2
30 Nov 2002 Brighton and Hove Albion v Reading L 0-1 League Division 1
04 Apr 2003 Reading v Brighton and Hove Albion W 1-2 League Division 1
07 Aug 2004 Reading v Brighton and Hove Albion L 3-2 League Championship
21 Mar 2005 Brighton and Hove Albion v Reading L 0-1 League Championship
09 Aug 2005 Brighton and Hove Albion v Reading L 0-2 League Championship
10 Dec 2005 Reading v Brighton and Hove Albion L 5-1 League Championship
26 Dec 2011 Reading v Brighton and Hove Albion L 3-0 League Championship
10 Apr 2012 Brighton and Hove Albion v Reading L 0-1 League Championship
15 Sep 2013 Reading v Brighton and Hove Albion D 0-0 League Championship

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If the dream I had last night is anything to go by, we'll win 2-0.

Of course, if the dream I had last night is anything to go by, we'll play at withdean, wear green and black tops with white shorts, brezovan will make a late save pushing it round the post then 15 players will chase the ball onto the running track, brezovan will get to the ball on the track first and lunge and poke it away and the ref will give a penalty. Brez will save it. Post match bridcutt will be close to tears after allegations he should have been sent off for dangerous play that could have hurt Reading players, and will point out Reading's Adam Lallana (I know) put in the worst tackle - it was a two footed lunge and if a third year development kid made that tackle he'd be relegated to the second year (something I was unaware of, but thought made sense). My friends will enjoy post match discussion in a camper van where cans of diet coke were shared with the claim they were beer (myself, I had a can of Sherlock lemonade - "made with real tap water")

I will then sit at a picnic table with Demi lovato as we push buttons on an interactive world map where there are recorded messages from various people we each met on our (separate) world travels.

Yeah, if today plays out like my dream, it's gonna be a weird day.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So we are in advance of time in the 4th round, marvellous scenes

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

It is still going to be cold. I wish they (caterers) sold hot soup in the concourses.

do u not like the bovril?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'm just glad McAnuff isn't playing.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
If the dream I had last night is anything to go by, we'll win 2-0.

Of course, if the dream I had last night is anything to go by, we'll play at withdean, wear green and black tops with white shorts, brezovan will make a late save pushing it round the post then 15 players will chase the ball onto the running track, brezovan will get to the ball on the track first and lunge and poke it away and the ref will give a penalty. Brez will save it. Post match bridcutt will be close to tears after allegations he should have been sent off for dangerous play that could have hurt Reading players, and will point out Reading's Adam Lallana (I know) put in the worst tackle - it was a two footed lunge and if a third year development kid made that tackle he'd be relegated to the second year (something I was unaware of, but thought made sense). My friends will enjoy post match discussion in a camper van where cans of diet coke were shared with the claim they were beer (myself, I had a can of Sherlock lemonade - "made with real tap water")

I will then sit at a picnic table with Demi lovato as we push buttons on an interactive world map where there are recorded messages from various people we each met on our (separate) world travels.

Yeah, if today plays out like my dream, it's gonna be a weird day.
You need to lay off the cheese before bedtime!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Shouldn't it be 3rd Round not Round 3 ?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Can't remember feeling so indifferent about a Brighton game. Partly because we've got tickets in the front row of the West and I know we are going to get SOAKED.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Still got the New year hangover. I think we have more chance of winning the FA Cup than getting promotion. About Force 6 and rain in Shoreham. I might not have bought a ticket if I am gonna get soaked before I get there.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Still got the New year hangover. I think we have more chance of winning the FA Cup than getting promotion. About Force 6 and rain in Shoreham. I might not have bought a ticket if I am gonna get soaked before I get there.

They'll be plenty of empty seat, I wouldn't worry too much.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
They'll be plenty of empty seat, I wouldn't worry too much.
There will be about as many as you would reasonably expect for a dull tie ( on paper), against a mediocre opposition in appalling weather conditions.....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here