Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Presumably as it's the only Ashes Test Match in 2014 we only need to
win this one to win the ashes back.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
3 debutants confirmed and rumours that Root rather than Carberry has been dropped which is surprising especially as Borthwick is making his debut and if taken apart Root can give us the option of off spin.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
3 debutants confirmed and rumours that Root rather than Carberry has been dropped which is surprising especially as Borthwick is making his debut and if taken apart Root can give us the option of off spin.

What on earth are they thinking playing Borthwick? One of our most promising young players and they are risking damaging him mentally for one test when they know the Aussies have destroyed our spinners so far? I really think hes our next front line spinner and always like a leg spinner but it seems pretty crazy to play him now. Also if it's true Root has been dropped that's just stupid, move Root up to open the batting, no offence to Carberry he's a decent batsmen but we need to think about the future and at 33 he's not the future.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What on earth are they thinking playing Borthwick? One of our most promising young players and they are risking damaging him mentally for one test when they know the Aussies have destroyed our spinners so far? I really think hes our next front line spinner and always like a leg spinner but it seems pretty crazy to play him now. Also if it's true Root has been dropped that's just stupid, move Root up to open the batting, no offence to Carberry he's a decent batsmen but we need to think about the future and at 33 he's not the future.

Sounds like all the old pro's are already at the airport lounge.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I actually like Carberry a lot he's a great fielder as well, but if they are bringing in a bit of new/young blood for this test why drop Root? Absolute joke if true, would just top off a farcical tour wouldn't it, Borthwick taken apart - confidence destroyed in his first game and Root one of England's most promising young batsmen, dropped instead of a 33 year old.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Cook wins the toss ! We will bowl, get your hard hats on in the first ten rows.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
No words left to describe some of the selections & management decisions on this tour. Oh well 5-0 here we come aye!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Ah well, to the victor the spoils !

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'm watching Pretty Woman. That's all I have to say.

So am I and I must say it is a very good film.

Corny, witty and boy Julia Roberts is divine

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here