Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone See The Stranglers At The Dome Last Night?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don't quite see how they can be taken seriously any more. Much like the Who singing My Generation at over 60 years old or Jagger poncing around on stage doing Dad dancing. I totally get people wanting to relive their youth but these guys are all fecking old age pensioners now with absolutely no relevance apart from nostalgia. No surprise they don't thrill any more, although all three bands were awesome...in their day.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Saw them at Brixton last week, and they were excellent.
It did help that it was a Friday night, and everyone was up for it.
Special mention to support band The Ruts (DC), who I thought gave The Stranglers a run for their money, and with a near full auditorium cheering them on.

Is that the Ruts of Babylon's Burning fame?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Don't quite see how they can be taken seriously any more. Much like the Who singing My Generation at over 60 years old or Jagger poncing around on stage doing Dad dancing. I totally get people wanting to relive their youth but these guys are all fecking old age pensioners now with absolutely no relevance apart from nostalgia. No surprise they don't thrill any more, although all three bands were awesome...in their day.

I saw The Stranglers a few times in the late 70s, they were brilliant, and that's how I want to remember them.
I wouldn't want to see them play now, or what's left of the original line up.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

I totally get what your saying and agree entirely, for someone like me who still goes to see the same bands (and new ones) in the same scenes since about 1985 the irony is not lost on me when Fenech sings songs about wreckin crew and zombies or rockabilly bands in their 50s sing about high school it's absolute bollox. The young bands can pull it off to an extent, but I know and have seen it all before. For me it's not about reliving my youth after kids, because I've only just started a family 7years ago and have not stopped going to gigs it's about friends and meeting them again, I've been to gigs and not even bothered with the bands because I've been chin wagging or having a laugh at fat 50 bald psychobillies like me thinking their still 18... I'm under no illusions and don't try and comb three strands into a quiff or measure my turn ups to the correct length.

Side note the sonics were a band that totally surprised me when I saw them in Spain a two years ago, nearly all 60 years old and I thought these will be pathetic, but boy the tore the tent down... So an old dog can surprise you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here