Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket upgrades next season

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
As can normal ST holders if they purchase a seat licence, as every 1901er has, because it's a compulsory part of the deal. It's part of the reason a 1901 seat is more expensive (but only part, ofc).
Oh of course how silly of me, everyone who can buy a season ticket should also be able to afford buy one of those.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I think it's fair enough, if you have an season ticket that is used of less than 25% of games the club should write to the fan and ask for an explanation, if a reasonable on is not forthcoming then they should have it taken away. That seems fair enough, if you can’t make more that 5 or 6 home games out of a 23 home game season you should give that ticket to someone that will attend.

Wow just wow, fans who have been taken ill will be asked to supply a doctor's certificate next!

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
How on earth is it abusing the system if my child cant go and willing to pay £30/35 for upgraded ticket

What they are trying to avoid is someone buying a cheap £85 kids season ticket and then just upgrading it to an adults when they feel like it. I guess they are trying to avoid folk claiming a seat for big games then leaving it empty the rest of the time. Think German on holiday with a beach towel on a sun lounger.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
In terms of an U10 ticket, I think it is far from being bothered – every fixture change from 15.00 to 19.45 is hammer blow to our youngest fans. When you sign up for an U10 season ticket you don't actually expect 50% of the home games in a season to KO at 19.45. Why don't we just ban young kids altogether? We're doing a good enough job with the number of late KOs and new rules we're applying.

I agree that there have been a ridiculous amount of fixtures changed this season, the price of success and the power of Sky sadly. If you accept that under 10's can not go to 50% of games, would they then only go to 50% of the Saturday 3 o clocks ? As long as you do that you will still be above the threshold. I'm not being unsympathetic, and I imagine if I was in your shoes I would be frustrated. It seems like poor timing by the club, putting more restrictions and limits on tickets when we have had so many games moved. If we go up, which we all are hoping for, there will be very few evening matches, so hopefully won't be an issue so much next season.

1901 STH's can give their tickets to family or friends without being charged with committing a criminal act and don't risk losing their tickets like everyone else.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the club turns a blind eye to you passing your ST to a mate the odd time. I thought the ID thing was for away matches

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What they are trying to avoid is someone buying a cheap £85 kids season ticket and then just upgrading it to an adults when they feel like it. I guess they are trying to avoid folk claiming a seat for big games then leaving it empty the rest of the time. Think German on holiday with a beach towel on a sun lounger.

I think it is reasonable to see why they are doing it. How they are doing it seems to be punitive rather than preventative.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I agree that there have been a ridiculous amount of fixtures changed this season, the price of success and the power of Sky sadly. If you accept that under 10's can not go to 50% of games, would they then only go to 50% of the Saturday 3 o clocks ? As long as you do that you will still be above the threshold. I'm not being unsympathetic, and I imagine if I was in your shoes I would be frustrated. It seems like poor timing by the club, putting more restrictions and limits on tickets when we have had so many games moved. If we go up, which we all are hoping for, there will be very few evening matches, so hopefully won't be an issue so much next season.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the club turns a blind eye to you passing your ST to a mate the odd time. I thought the ID thing was for away matches

Would you risk your ticket on the chance the club turns a blind eye?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I guess all this upgrading is quite a headache for the ticket office to allow it to happen too freely.

6 in the PL should be plenty.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Wow just wow, fans who have been taken ill will be asked to supply a doctor's certificate next!

Easy Tiger, I think that would be a wee bit over the top. If the club spot that a season ticket seat has been empty 75% of the season they could write to the season ticket holder and ask why. Would that not be fair enough? If the STH writes back saying it's due to illness but they intend to come back when they can I expect the club would see that as reasonable reason.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

That is what I said in another post. An u10 could attend say 11 or 12 games, you could leave the seat empty for 6 and upgrade 6. I guess the silly part is that in this particular instance the club is mostly likely forcing a parent of say a young fan to have an empty seat for 25% of the games under their own rules, rather than earn 6 further upgrade revenues from it.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I take it you are 1901 holder then?

You make a post that infers that 1901ers have some privilege about not being criminalised because they can transfer their seat to others. I point out that any ST can, if they wanted, have had the same privilege if they paid extra for a PSL. Obviously, many, if not most ST holders will not be able to afford a PSL. That doesn't mean they should have the benefits of a PSL if they can't afford one, or have chosen not to buy one.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Do they ask for ID at home games then ? I never carry any with me when I go to the football

The rules I believe state they can and if say the person you gave the ticket to swears a little too much for a steward's liking, then that person is ejected, I would say your ticket is in danger.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
The club is solid on the 6 game ruling. I inquired about allowing further upgrades as a child traveling from Norfolk on a school night including Fridays is out of the question as they would need to leave before school finishes. I was told if they increased for me then they would have allow for Everone. Unfair in my opinion as Sky have been responsable for so many changes this year. Never expected the majority of games would not be at the weekend.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The club is solid on the 6 game ruling. I inquired about allowing further upgrades as a child traveling from Norfolk on a school night including Fridays is out of the question as they would need to leave before school finishes. I was told if they increased for me then they would have allow for Everone. Unfair in my opinion as Sky have been responsable for so many changes this year. Never expected the majority of games would not be at the weekend.

Starting to feel like there might need to be a bit of a collective representation of parents with v. young kids who are undoubtedly most effected by fixture changes to evening KOs. Traditionally at least it seemed evening KOs might make up 25 to 30% of the games in a season, 50% is quite a jump. Wouldn't mind hazarding a guess that this season is the most home league evening games potentially in the club's history!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here