Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace make £7m loss in 2016

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Not sure about Delaney but you are DELUDED!

Wait for the next loss, which player will you try and lamp then?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[MENTION=3792]bhanutz[/MENTION], why are you even bothering with a palace fan who doesn't show his face for weeks on end, as (one of) his team slipped into relegation.

2 wins and he's back, but not for long judging by their upcoming fixtures.

The very definition of 'fair weather fan'.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
The promoted teams will have a stupendously large wage bill, compared to the season before.
But even then there's still a hell of a gap between that and wholesale joining the 80k+ club.

I'd imagine very attractive bonuses would feature heavily in all new contracts.
Which would be great for a club with a maths genius writing the cheques.

But you have to be a really special kind of lunatic to decide massive wages are the way forward, the moment your team joins the Premier League.

A while ago it was probably Barry Glendenning who was explaining the reasons behind Sunderland's epic failure in the transfer market.
Along the lines of buying high because of league position, coupled with having to pay even higher for the same reason.

The Albion (TB) aren't going to gamble everything just to stay in the Premier League.

Which is exactly what we have and it has still gone massively wrong - in case you didn't know as many do not we have a Texan Billionaire who made his money in finance as a hedge fund manager in one of the largest funds in the world - Lone Star since then started a new fund in 2013 with a shy $2bn https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellis_Short

That said Bloom is cut from different cloth in footballing terms and I do agree he will run things in a different way, but I would not be surprised if you didn't sign 1 or 2 'names' such as Defoe

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
[MENTION=3792]bhanutz[/MENTION], why are you even bothering with a palace fan who doesn't show his face for weeks on end, as (one of) his team slipped into relegation.

Fair point!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Which is exactly what we have and it has still gone massively wrong - in case you didn't know as many do not we have a Texan Billionaire who made his money in finance as a hedge fund manager in one of the largest funds in the world - Lone Star since then started a new fund in 2013 with a shy $2bn https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellis_Short

That said Bloom is cut from different cloth in footballing terms and I do agree he will run things in a different way, but I would not be surprised if you didn't sign 1 or 2 'names' such as Defoe
We have an interesting dynamic at play.

The board don't see any value in England, and like to shop in Spain.
When they have shopped in England invariably their fingers have been burnt.

Whereas the manager appears to like his players as no nonsense English(British)men.
But crucially he's not prepared to 'waste' someone else's money, and clearly loves a bargain, from anywhere.

So irrespective of the division the Albion are in next season, I would be very surprised if 1 or 2 'names'; arrive.

But those that do join the squad will be of a quality never seen before, and the club transfer record will no longer be held by a centre back (assuming all the bonuses are triggered)

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda

Whereas the manager appears to like his players as no nonsense English(British)men.
But crucially he's not prepared to 'waste' someone else's money, and clearly loves a bargain, from anywhere.

So irrespective of the division the Albion are in next season, I would be very surprised if 1 or 2 'names'; arrive.

But those that do join the squad will be of a quality never seen before, and the club transfer record will no longer be held by a centre back (assuming all the bonuses are triggered)

Agreed - I think the times could be exciting for Brighton and hope you stay on the right financial track as clubs of a similar size. I have often thought with Sunderland that we are stuck in the middle somewhere which doesnt help either - not 'Big' enough to attract the quality players but with the amount of ticket sales etc should be attracting players of higher quality than say Hull (no offence meant) meaning we are neither

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

He's probably only on as he's finished his homework and has some free time.

That, or he's just a ****. I've seen more spine on a jellyfish and more football knowledge from my Gran. Who hated football. And is dead.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Wednesday fans on owlstalk praise our transfer policy and scouting, of fewer purchases but players who over the last couple of seasons have in the main impressed. Conversely, they are critical of their club for wasting £30m on a mass of inconsistent players who have delivered them only to 6th/7th.

CH, PB and their recruitment colleagues have done a good job.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
You can't walk at a canter.

ROTM can. ROTM has 4 legs.

and 3 arms.

its what happens if you **** your family members.

Rick Sanchez

Jan 15, 2017

Anyone who uses the term ' we have an interesting dynamic at play' doesn't get invited to many parties.
And rightly so!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here