Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will we drop into the bottom 3 again at any point this season?

Will we drop back into bottom three at any point this season

• No

Votes: 39 37.5%
  • Yes (stay up)

Votes: 61 58.7%
  • Yes (go down)

Votes: 4 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
We've spent just the one week in the relegation zone so far this season - do you think we'll drop back into it at any point this season, even if just for a day?

After last weeks draw I thought there was a shot we could drop back into it today, now I'm thinking we'll keep our heads clear for quite some time

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just keep on picking up points against the weaker teams and let the big 6 games take care of themselves, although I think that we will get a result against one of them possibly Liverpool.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
We are Brighton. We don't do it the easy way.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Easy tiger.

Depending on results we could only be 2 or 3 points outside the dropzone after this round of fixtures, and that's not a big buffer at all.

I still keep looking at the table and thinking "what if?" with the Everton game.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Easy tiger.

Depending on results we could only be 2 or 3 points outside the dropzone after this round of fixtures, and that's not a big buffer at all.

I still keep looking at the table and thinking "what if?" with the Everton game.

Me too....plus Bournemouth..but it is what it is and i’m still on a high from last night

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Being in the bottom three after two or three games hardly counts, does it? No idea if we'll go back in there again!

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
I think a lot will depend on the business we do in January, squad becomes really important in the back end of the season and teams will get also used to the way that we play. Definitely still need a different option up front.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Just keep on picking up points against the weaker teams and let the big 6 games take care of themselves, although I think that we will get a result against one of them possibly Liverpool.

I think Liverpool and Man City are best equipped to batter us. Anny points against the big 6 think will be Arsenal or Chelsea at home who can be slightly pedestrian if you can slow the pace of the game

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
If we play like we did last night then no. Hopefully we will get three points against Southampton next weekend and start to establish a mid table position.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
All depends on injuries and suspensions but what is encouraging is that we seem to bounce back well from defeats at the moment and that would suggest there won't be a 3 or 4 game losing streak

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I suggested Liverpool as that game is in a few weeks when their notorious weakness at CB will still be with them and unresolved . I believe they will sign Van Dijk in January which will help solve their problems so as we play them before then it is to our advantage.

larus

Looking at the table, we've lost 4. There's 4 other teams who've lost 4, then 1 on 5, 1 on 6 and then 1 on 7 (for one bonus point, name that team :lol:).

But, looking at GD (which I always feel is a reasonable indicator of competitiveness), we're -1. there's a few others on between -2- and -4, and then 2 teams on -8, 2 on -9 and one on -17 (for the additional bonus point, name this team too).

We haven't had a hard set of fixtures, nor have they been easy (based on the other teams current league positions). IMO, they've been evenly balanced.

So, there 2 ways to look at this, we're where we 'deserve' to be based on the fact that we are hard to beat. Or, we're having a decent start to the season but will fade. I don't buy that view - we had a bad start (1 pt from 3 games), and have been improving steadily.

Will we end up back on the bottom 3 again? I hope not as that may be too tough for us to get out of bearing in ming our end of season run-in is not easy. Also, the fact that there are quite a few below us means that it's hard for all of them to make up the gap quickly, as they are unlikely to pick up points against the big 6, so they need to be taking points of each other.

Then again, I could be talking b*llocks.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
All depends on injuries and suspensions but what is encouraging is that we seem to bounce back well from defeats at the moment and that would suggest there won't be a 3 or 4 game losing streak
Looking at the last five games of the season, I wouldn't put too much money on us not having a three or four game losing streak! Hopefully we'll have cleared 40 points by the time we get to game 34.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Looking at the last five games of the season, I wouldn't put too much money on us not having a three or four game losing streak! Hopefully we'll have cleared 40 points by the time we get to game 34.

What happens with Chris teams is that when they have a real stinker of a match and they have quite a few. He batters into them and it gets turns around pretty quickly - I think you have heard Liam Rossenior say openly that he has his moments when he isn't exactly Mr Nice guy, if people are not doing what they should be doing on the pitch. If points are needed in those final matches to stay up he will get them.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
We are a good team, with a great manager and an outstanding chairman. Think we'll consolidate our position.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I'm expecting us to have a blip at some point. March looks like it'll be a tough month and I'm hoping we will not be in a position where we will be desperate for points in our final two games of the season either. Have faith that as long as we keep doing, what we've been doing we will be alright.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here