Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Youth football fines

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Don't bother to appeal it will be a waste of time, they won't go against the Ref, as it may stop him or others doing the job in the future. I appealed once, it totally fell on deaf ears the ref was present and looking very smug he knew he was untouchable.
I would let it go and try and get your lad to cool it a bit before he gets a reputation that may not even be warranted.

Your right Thing is I just feel let down by the FA As they have handed out this punishment Without even asking for my sons side of the story I know what a nasty place this world can be But live in hope that their would be more fairness for my kids I live in a dream as far as the are concerned I guess

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Your right Thing is I just feel let down by the FA As they have handed out this punishment Without even asking for my sons side of the story I know what a nasty place this world can be But live in hope that their would be more fairness for my kids I live in a dream as far as the are concerned I guess

But of course they aren't going to wait for your side of the story. You get a booking/sending off, you get a fine and/or a ban. They will only consider it when you appeal. Can you imagine how many bookings there will be throughout all the leagues that come under the Sussex FA. Do you really think they have time to consider both sides of the story in every single booking or sending off each week?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
if a youngster gets sent off, then so what he or the parent has to pay a fine ! It’s all good in my opinion because it sets the standard at an early level. Hopefully The youngsters will learn from this

Yeah of course they will.

I mean, we all know how adult football is full of lovely players who have learnt their lesson young and thus now behave like angels. I can't remember the last time I saw a pro player intimidate and abuse an official for example.

Oh yes!, I think the FA's 'respect' campaign, alongside fines to make people really think, has done a simply marvellous job!, it really has :thumbsup:

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
From all the comments above, it seems your son has not /will not been fined £35 for raising his hands to another player while playing football, but his club has.

If the club want to appeal that, they can try.

The question is what are the club's rules about reclaiming that £35? If you agreed that you would reimburse the fine at the start of the season, pay the club the £35.
The problem is then between you and your son - 'why are you costing me £35 with that kind of behaviour?'.

If there is no prior agreement between you and the Club, then you will need to resolve that by deciding whether you will pay the fine on your son's behalf, or whether all the other kid's parents will have to pay it between them (raised subscriptions next year, etc, etc)

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Read a few replies but not time to read all, and not been involved in running game, but one of my players got a yellow card this weekend in powerchair football. Got a £10 fine. Is this the same as running game? It was a foul but he talked his way into the refs book. Told him he needed to adjust his shin pads.....and shut up.

Dec 29, 2011

Settle down Martin Luther, you've been given a £35 fine, it's hardly the end of the world. All I can think is you had that £35 earmarked to fix the full stop key on your keyboard and now you'll have to wait to fix it, that's the real travesty here.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
But of course they aren't going to wait for your side of the story. You get a booking/sending off, you get a fine and/or a ban. They will only consider it when you appeal. Can you imagine how many bookings there will be throughout all the leagues that come under the Sussex FA. Do you really think they have time to consider both sides of the story in every single booking or sending off each week?
So by the time he appeals (which he has little to no chance of winning) He would have served at least two of his three match ban So much for fair play

macky

Dec 28, 2004
From all the comments above, it seems your son has not /will not been fined £35 for raising his hands to another player while playing football, but his club has.

If the club want to appeal that, they can try.

The question is what are the club's rules about reclaiming that £35? If you agreed that you would reimburse the fine at the start of the season, pay the club the £35.
The problem is then between you and your son - 'why are you costing me £35 with that kind of behaviour?'.

If there is no prior agreement between you and the Club, then you will need to resolve that by deciding whether you will pay the fine on your son's behalf, or whether all the other kid's parents will have to pay it between them (raised subscriptions next year, etc, etc)
I will pay the club and from what I have heard they have been in contact with the FA

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Thanks.

Not exactly what we'd been told. Yes I know I could find this out if I'd read up more closely but our inter club briefing simply stated that we had to make a technical area for sin bins and that, at under 11 level, this would be the next stepping stone from mini football where coaches refereed and players were conveniently substituted if they got out of order.

I think what this thread shows is that there is no consistent understanding, or application,of the rules between coaches, secretaries and parents.

I'm not sure well meaning volunteers are good for the development of our game and I speak as a well meaning volunteer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amen to that!

I did nearly ten years as a parent volunteer and it's criminal that the game relies on the likes of us to run it. Not because we shouldn't be expected to give up our time, we do that anyway by supporting our kids through whatever they do as it's what decent parents do anyway, but because we are simply not the best people to be running the game.

As a sport football is like an inverted pyramid with obscene amounts of money at the top and bugger all at the bottom. Meanwhile there's thousands of youths in our country without a proper direction in life that could have very good careers in youth football. Trained up properly they could bring so much to the game. Many can bring skills, quite literally in terms of footballing ability, to the game that us parents can only dream of. They will probably relate better to kids playing the game too, being fresh out of school themselves.

It seems to me like there's so many opportunities for a win win scenario here for youngsters fresh out of school/college and the kids playing the game. All it needs is investing in from the top both financially and as an ideal, but I'm not holding my breath on it ever happening.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Do let us know the result of the appeal
There Is a lot more to this story Which I cant really go into on here but the jest of it is the opposing teams manager Put the ref under pressure to change his decision Which they have been reported for Yet the FA still see fit to uphold my sons red card

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
This travesty is really starting to pull on my heartstrings. Maybe we should set up a Justgiving page for donations?

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Just a guess but If you are from a single parent family on benefits I expect you wouldn't have to pay this fine

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Just a guess but If you are from a single parent family on benefits I expect you wouldn't have to pay this fine

But then they would have to go cap in hand to their club I think a lot of people would have more pride than that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here