Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls target Chris Wood - £12m - The Sun

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Okay. A premiership club wants him, despite the view of some of NSCs finest. The value is irrelevant in the new crazy world
At the moment it seems like (unfortunately for Leeds) one Premier League club wants him.
That club being 'cheap' and play in a style perfectly suited to Wood's, hardly a ringing endorsement.

Oh and for the record, I think 'donkey' is a bit harsh.
He'll score goals for Burnley, so Leeds are right to tell them to do one.
But he sure as hell isn't millions £££'s better than Hemed and Murray.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
At the moment it seems like (unfortunately for Leeds) one Premier League club wants him.
That club being 'cheap' and play in a style perfectly suited to Wood's, hardly a ringing endorsement.

You may be right

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Someone, not Burnley, have offered £16 million from the premier league. Sky are reporting.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
Sky are now saying that an unnamed PL club have offered £16m and that it's not Burnley :shrug:

Must type faster :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Being 8 years younger than Murray and 5 years younger than Hemed, would be the major factor in Wood's relatively high price.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sky are now saying that an unnamed PL club have offered £16m and that it's not Burnley :shrug:

Must type faster :lolol:

Stoke and West Ham have been linked with him previously.

I'm firmly in the "no thanks" camp, but I could see him getting goals with the quality of delivery we should be capable of now.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
So which club is it? Newcastle? Stoke? West Brom (haha)?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I fail to see why he gets so much negative reviews on NSC he had a great season last year in a failed average team, he has got a look on his face like there is a really bad smell and £12 million is an awful lot of money but apart from that I cannot see a problem

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
More a younger Murray/Hemed than a 'Better Baldock' I would think. So, not high on my list, but if CH and co. think otherwise there'll be no complaints from me.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Back to WBA fits nicely. Pulis direct style will give him service and their main striking hope Rondon is a flop.

Pulis has also gone on record today saying he wants to bring in 5 new players. Given their strike force options consists of Rondon, Rodriguez and Robson-Kanu you would think a striker would be their priority.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I fail to see why he gets so much negative reviews on NSC he had a great season last year in a failed average team, he has got a look on his face like there is a really bad smell and £12 million is an awful lot of money but apart from that I cannot see a problem

I don't get it either. It's like he's slept with Calde's wife or something the amount of abuse he gets on here. I think he was raw but still quality when we had him on loan and he's got better and better. He'd be a superb signing IMO.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
More a younger Murray/Hemed than a 'Better Baldock' I would think. So, not high on my list, but if CH and co. think otherwise there'll be no complaints from me.

I'm not 100% sure that we're after a 'Better Baldock' anymore. If the plan is to play three behind a striker or 4-4-1-1 then we have Gross, Proper and (hopefully) Izquierdo who can all play that role... so maybe focus should now be on a strong player who the others can play off of.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I wouldnt have a problem at £10m - anything above that though ......???

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here