• Meh!

Votes: 28 19.4%

• Total voters

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
the correct answer is, it depends

Not cool if you are over twenty years of age, wear it backwards and drive a skateboard, nor if your baseball cap has the New York Yankees logo on.

However, if your cap bears the motive of the team you support (BHA, StL, etc) and you use it to keep the sun/rain out of your eyes, then clearly = cool :D

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Great for keeping the sun out of your eyes but not for constant use.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The only hat that actually fits and looks ok on most people if worn in the right circumstances which is everywhere outdoors.
Superb for blokes that are bald or thinning and can't afford a rug, they make you feel better, it's only when you have to take it off that everyone starts laughing.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Don't like to complain but the "Brighton & Hove Albion" light blue one I have is terribly made. China at its worst. I need it to combat ESU glare.

In ESU almost impossible to see the game at certain times of the year unless you wear one.
During sunny days i alternate between a baseball cap and wide brimmed hat for work....despite this i still manage to have a visit to hospital once a year to have a bit of me removed :moo:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
I've got a sussex CCC one with a long bendable peak
Dunno what style it's called, but I wear it for golf or to keep the rain off my glasses.

Hazwaz

Jul 23, 2012
Hove
Went to find my seagulls baseball cap for Villa away and could not find it.I may have lost it at Norwich or Bristol City game,too much celebrating but it was worth it.Lost my last one on the log flume at Chessington.Will get a new one for father's day :) hopefully

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
For kids and cartoon characters.
The cops wear them here and when confronted by one it is hard to keep a straight face.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Not sure they're cool (I'm middle aged so the concept has long since lost any meaning) but I like them and wear them - but they definitely have to be curved peak (39fifty?) rather than flat. I collect minor league baseball ones - my favourite is the Fort Wayne Tincaps followed closely by the Carolina Mudcats. I'm aware that this may at least be borderline bellendery but I don't care

Boom_Front_500.jpg
51jFCR-heuL._AC_US218_.jpg

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
Standard issue here due to a hairline racing backwards, ridiculously strong sun and skin cancer more prevalent than is comfortable.

Never to be worn indoors, whilst eating or during anyones national anthem.

Not something that I ever had to think about for the first 30 years in the Sea of Ford, but without one now, I feel almost as lost as if I did not have my wallet, keys and an electronic device.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Standard issue here due to a hairline racing backwards, ridiculously strong sun and skin cancer more prevalent than is comfortable.

Never to be worn indoors, whilst eating or during anyones national anthem.

Not something that I ever had to think about for the first 30 years in the Sea of Ford, but without one now, I feel almost as lost as if I did not have my wallet, keys and an electronic device.

Same with me and sunglasses here, never really bothered back in blighty, but indispensable here, never go anywhere without them. Too old for the electronic device thingy though.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I have about three, but only wear them when the sun is out which in actual fact means mainly just on Holiday, however being follicly challenged I have a few Goorin Brothers & Bailey hats which are nice for the summer including their flat caps.

In short and if the truth be known I feel too old to be wearing flat caps now.

Attachments

• full_16-883-14[g2].jpg
    full_16-883-14[g2].jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 167
  • img-thing.jpg
    img-thing.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 116

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I have a SKINT / BHA baseball cap that lives in the coat rack and gets used when walking the dog if showers are about - keeps the head dry-ish and rain off my glasses. Also have an old RAF Red-devils one in the bottom of my golf bag for rain defence too.

So, worn for practical purposes not street cred, which, at 57, has long since gone.
I only feel cool when I wake up in the middle of the night to find the duvet on the floor .....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here