Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blocked in by car double parked

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I used to to have to park my car in a public road for work, along with several other staff. Someone obviously didn't like me being there, despite the fact all residents had huge drives. I suffered two snapped door mirrors, two windscreens and a road cone through my rear screen. Lovely. A colleague had 4 tyres slashed.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I used to to have to park my car in a public road for work, along with several other staff. Someone obviously didn't like me being there, despite the fact all residents had huge drives. I suffered two snapped door mirrors, two windscreens and a road cone through my rear screen. Lovely. A colleague had 4 tyres slashed.

Never understood the whole slashing tyres because you don;t like where someone is parked - makes it far harder to move the car ...

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
If you can be bothered, you can always fight fire with fire.

Had a situation many many moons ago, where my tires got slashed parking outside someones house on the edge of town (Not even close to their drive). The house holder implied he had done it, and told me not to park there again or it will happen again. Police were notified.

As much as I wanted to hit the prick, a few weeks earlier, my other cars engine had blown, and it was sitting outside my house. It was basically 15 years old and a write off. So we put it on a low loader, and drove it up to the street, and was going to park it outside the same house, but at the last minute as his driveway was clear we deceided to park in the road it across the ramp, thus blocking his route onto his drive. There was four of us, and we sat waiting for him to come home, and got a load of verbal, but you could tell he wasn't as brave as the day before. I invited him to slash the tyres. He said if its not moved, he would, and as we was recording him, we threaten to go to the police if they got slashed as he had him on tape saying he would slash them.

Two days later went back, nothing had happen, he came out as asked us to move it, and we slashed the tyres in front of him. He reported it to the police, and I explained what had happened before (denied slashing the tyres myself off course) and as it was taxed and MOTed I would leave it therem and get the tyres fixed in due course. And we left it blocking his drive. Three months he had it parked blocking his driveway, stopping him getting onto it. The day before the tax ran out, we got a scrap company to collect it.

I don't know, but I bet no one ever got their tyres slashed outside his house again after that. I was working nearby, but was only in that office for a week. Never did find out if anyone in the offices had issues after that!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
:thumbsup:

I'm sat (at work) a couple of hundred yards away then (in Brickfield Lane).

House the other end - near Thornden School

Next time I'm walking down Brickfield Lane, I'll wear my (retro) Albion shirt and be prepared to wave.

And later today I will be charging off in an easterly direction to go to my brother in Sompting, and then charge off to this little village we know called Falmer......

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Next time I'm walking down Brickfield Lane, I'll wear my (retro) Albion shirt and be prepared to wave.

And later today I will be charging off in an easterly direction to go to my brother in Sompting, and then charge off to this little village we know called Falmer......

I'll wave to you as we sit in the traffic through Chichester.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

I'll wave to you as we sit in the traffic through Chichester.

It's a Valentines day miracle. Could this be NSCs first romance?

D

Deleted member 2719

I have had to block off someone business with my vehicle once, it was the only way to get our funds that they owed us, surprising how quick they paid when they could not operate, shame they could not have paid so quickly the 6 months prior too that.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It's a Valentines day miracle. Could this be NSCs first romance?

Not unless there is something in my genes which I have not been aware these last 63 years............

............ Unless HKFC turns out to be of the female variety, which I am fairly sure he isn't.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not unless there is something in my genes which I have not been aware these last 63 years............

............ Unless HKFC turns out to be of the female variety, which I am fairly sure he isn't.

We can still have a BROMANCE David.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
A friend of ours had trouble like this with her neighbour once. She parked her car on the road, outside his place, as there were other cars parked all the way along - & it was the only available spot. The neighbour came out the house moaning at her for parking where his wife usually put their car &, according to her, was quite abusive towards her and the children. The next morning she came out to find her front tyre slashed & flat as a pancake. Cant say it was definitely him, but seems a coincidence....especially as there has never been anything like that before - or since.

I had a run in with the old misery myself too when I parked my car in front of his. Before I had even got out the car properly, he had dashed out his house - & was standing there having a moan that his wife needed to get out in the morning & needed more space. Seriously, I had left about 4ft between my car & his - so I told him to send his wife to retake her test if she couldn't get out a gap that size, & stop being such a whiny old f*****. Then I just walked away. Never heard from him again.

I had a very similar thing happened when I parked up near my friends house ,this whinny old sh*thouse came storming out out of his house hurling abuse at me and my wife for parking near his entrance ...unluckily for him just as he reached his maximum slipper speed he slipped on a piece of mud (I say dog sh*te as it sounds better but my wife says a piece of mud) ,and hurtled down his driveway on his as*se .
My wife got out the car to see if he was alright while I had my head on the steering wheel crying with laughter unable to move.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My girlfriend gets this about once a month where she parks for work in Wilmslow. We ignore the letters and nothing has ever happened.

Once a month you say ? Well I think we know who is to blame here then.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oh, you're so persuasive and masterful, Hans.........

What an absolute TW4T of a drive home that was.

Match finished at 9.45. Jogged to the Uni car park. On the A27 by 10.00, and made great time to get as far as Portsmouth by 10.50....

Home just before midnight, via the completely shut M27 at Portsdown (for seemingly no reason whatsoever), and the interminable diversion through Sarisbury, etc. The travelling both directions yesterday was as frustrating as the match.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I had a very similar thing happened when I parked up near my friends house ,this whinny old sh*thouse came storming out out of his house hurling abuse at me and my wife for parking near his entrance ...unluckily for him just as he reached his maximum slipper speed he slipped on a piece of mud (I say dog sh*te as it sounds better but my wife says a piece of mud) ,and hurtled down his driveway on his as*se .
My wife got out the car to see if he was alright while I had my head on the steering wheel crying with laughter unable to move.

LOL

The further you are from the city centre the more likely you are to encounter this.
I used to have to pay for permit parking and if I got within 100 metres of my front door it was an absolute result.
Park in a quiet street in say for example north Southwick and you are risking abuse for parking in 'their space' as they believe they own the road outside their home.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It's amazing how different journeys on the same road but at assorted times can be so different.
Leaving at 11.30 and getting on to the M27 at junction 10 having gone via Wickham, there were 5 cars in front of me at one of the Chichester obstructions (roundabouts) I hardly put my foot on the brake all they way to Woodingdean.(Sisters for lunch).
Stood on the final whistle and got on about the seventh bus back to the Racehill, then off down to the Marina for McDonald's and decent coffee. Left about 11.15 and along the seafront and then A27/M27 didn't stop once, off at junction 10, the roadworks had obviously moved along by then. All in all a pleasant drive.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A couple of weekends ago a few of us drove out to The Griffin in Fletchling. An odd pub, much better in theory than practice. Alongside it's undoubted olde worlde charm it has some unfortunately snobby clientelle and there is a spot in the restaurant, about the middle, past the mantle, under a beam, that smells exactly like over boiled cabbage. Not just a one off, smells like it everytime. Haunted by a cabbage? As for the clientelle? lots of Hunter wellingtons and red trousers. Some absolutely stunning posh totty though.

Anyway, I digress. We pulled up outside the pub and someone had procured a prime spot, not with a car but with three odd cones. One a police cone (obvs not placed by police), one a men at work cone from Waitrose and one with a wooly hat on top. We didn't think twice about removing them, placing them against the pub wall and parking there as they were neither council or Police but some resident toff ensuring he gets the spot even when he is not there. It's total unrestricted parking 24/7 so we knew it would be fine.

We left the car overnight and got a cab back, returning for the car the next afternoon. The cones had been arranged around the car, right up against the nearside back and front wheels and one in fornt of the bumper. I have no idea what they meant to do except make a point.
We slung one cone onto the neighbours driveway, in plain sight. One went on top of a nearby skip and the other went in the car boot to be disposed of later. The thought being that he will see two of them straight away and then go hunting in vain for the third one that "must be nearby somewhere". It's not. It's in a wheely bin in Haywards Heath and he's never seeing it again.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
A couple of weekends ago a few of us drove out to The Griffin in Fletchling. An odd pub, much better in theory than practice. Alongside it's undoubted olde worlde charm it has some unfortunately snobby clientelle and there is a spot in the restaurant, about the middle, past the mantle, under a beam, that smells exactly like over boiled cabbage. Not just a one off, smells like it everytime. Haunted by a cabbage? As for the clientelle? lots of Hunter wellingtons and red trousers. Some absolutely stunning posh totty though.

Anyway, I digress. We pulled up outside the pub and someone had procured a prime spot, not with a car but with three odd cones. One a police cone (obvs not placed by police), one a men at work cone from Waitrose and one with a wooly hat on top. We didn't think twice about removing them, placing them against the pub wall and parking there as they were neither council or Police but some resident toff ensuring he gets the spot even when he is not there. It's total unrestricted parking 24/7 so we knew it would be fine.

We left the car overnight and got a cab back, returning for the car the next afternoon. The cones had been arranged around the car, right up against the nearside back and front wheels and one in fornt of the bumper. I have no idea what they meant to do except make a point.
We slung one cone onto the neighbours driveway, in plain sight. One went on top of a nearby skip and the other went in the car boot to be disposed of later. The thought being that he will see two of them straight away and then go hunting in vain for the third one that "must be nearby somewhere". It's not. It's in a wheely bin in Haywards Heath and he's never seeing it again.

Out****ingstanding sir

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here