Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

millwall away

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I have a tesco loyalty credit card and purchase all my food on this card so I get loyalty points, if I choose to donate all that food to the homeless or just throw it all in the bin does that mean I'm not entitled to those points. I could have used my Tesco card in the motorway services on the way to Port Vale but I didn't I paid in cash does that mean I should still get the points.

Do you shout encouragement at the shoppers in Tesco once a week, and have a go at the shop manager for crap decisions.

Empty STH seats might pay the club, but they don' help the players.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'm confused, are we saying that loyalty points awarded are not representivie of someones loyalty now?

How are they awarded? I thought you got a certain amount for buying a ST, then more points for attending home cup games, and away games (asuming you buy the ticket through the club, so that they actually know you bought it).

I'd have thought that if you have more points it's because you've bought more tickets, and the clubs records consider you more loyal, and therefore rewards you accordingly, how else could they come to this conclusion? And how else would you get the points if it wasn't for your loyalty for buying tickets?

Of course, if you POTG for away games than that's not the clubs fault, perhaps they could be lobbied to award the points post match on presentation of the match ticket stub.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I'm confused, are we saying that loyalty points awarded are not representivie of someones loyalty now?

How are they awarded? I thought you got a certain amount for buying a ST, then more points for attending home cup games, and away games (asuming you buy the ticket through the club, so that they actually know you bought it).

I'd have thought that if you have more points it's because you've bought more tickets, and the clubs records consider you more loyal, and therefore rewards you accordingly, how else could they come to this conclusion? And how else would you get the points if it wasn't for your loyalty for buying tickets?

Of course, if you POTG for away games than that's not the clubs fault, perhaps they could be lobbied to award the points post match on presentation of the match ticket stub.

There's a difference between having a ticket and actually attending a game though.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Do you shout encouragement at the shoppers in Tesco once a week, and have a go at the shop manager for crap decisions.

Empty STH seats might pay the club, but they don' help the players.

Why would I shout encouragement at the shoppers, I shout at the checkout staff and shelf fillers. And I regularily have a go at one of the bakers, he's a right lazy sod rarely makes runs out to the shelves with french stickes when they run out.

I did get thrown out of Sainsbury's the other day when I stood in a trolley and shouted "You're getting sacked in the morning" to the manager.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
There's a difference between having a ticket and actually attending a game though.

No there isn't, not to the club, and as for the empty seats in your previous post, there's still well over 20K in the ground, it's not like the place is empty.

If someone is unable to get to a game, they don't get a refund, they are however contributing to the ongoing financing of the club, hence their loyalty is rewarded.

Alternatively they can invent a loyalty scheme to meet your personal circumstances, a scheme that no other organisation in the country has. And to fund the staffing for the convoluted new system where they have to keep track of everyones mileage, their personal weekly spend on accomodation, verses the STH who, on occasion, can't make it to a game, they can put the price of a season ticket up, or add another couple of quid to the booking fees. They'd have to factor in the average number of pints and pies eaten into the figure too, but of course that would be unfair on those who don't buy pies and pints. I guess they could get everyone submit their receipts to the club after each match to make sure someone who is so loyal that they buy a pie and 2 pints every match gets priority over the bobble hatters who bring a flask of minestrone and a Tracker bar.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
No there isn't, not to the club, and as for the empty seats in your previous post, there's still well over 20K in the ground, it's not like the place is empty.

If someone is unable to get to a game, they don't get a refund, they are however contributing to the ongoing financing of the club, hence their loyalty is rewarded.

Alternatively they can invent a loyalty scheme to meet your personal circumstances, a scheme that no other organisation in the country has. And to fund the staffing for the convoluted new system where they have to keep track of everyones mileage, their personal weekly spend on accomodation, verses the STH who, on occasion, can't make it to a game, they can put the price of a season ticket up, or add another couple of quid to the booking fees. They'd have to factor in the average number of pints and pies eaten into the figure too, but of course that would be unfair on those who don't buy pies and pints. I guess they could get everyone submit their receipts to the club after each match to make sure someone who is so loyal that they buy a pie and 2 pints every match gets priority over the bobble hatters who bring a flask of minestrone and a Tracker bar.

Erm, no, I haven't advocated a convoluted system of any type whatsoever.

In fact the only change I would make is to award the points to those actually attending, and that would hardly be rocket science to implement given that they already know if you bother to show up at a home game.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Why would I shout encouragement at the shoppers, I shout at the checkout staff and shelf fillers. And I regularily have a go at one of the bakers, he's a right lazy sod rarely makes runs out to the shelves with french stickes when they run out.

I did get thrown out of Sainsbury's the other day when I stood in a trolley and shouted "You're getting sacked in the morning" to the manager.

Yeah but Sainsburys are way too fussy.

Go on, keep the lazy Tescos numpties on their toes.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Erm, no, I haven't advocated a convoluted system of any type whatsoever.

In fact the only change I would make is to award the points to those actually attending, and that would hardly be rocket science to implement given that they already know if you bother to show up at a home game.

You missed the point, I was trying to come up with an even better system that suited not just those who buy tickets, but those who are even more loyal.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I stood at the front at Port Vale and got wet so I think I should have an additional 10 loyalt points added. I may add it was my own stupidity to stand there, but by getting wet and singing I have shown more loyalty than the wimps that stood at the back under the roof!

The Albion loyalty system works pretty well IMHO, anyway I have just purchased my Millwall ticket as I have the cheek to have accumulated enough loyalty points by going to lots of away games and also having a season ticket. I am sorry that I do not live hundreds of miles way from the Amex, I will move house next week and continue to go to home games to prove my loyalty.

theyellowdinosaur

Nov 29, 2011
Is the 2000 allocation top tier? I have enough points but I'm going with my mates so want to make sure that we're in the top tier

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Is the 2000 allocation top tier? I have enough points but I'm going with my mates so want to make sure that we're in the top tier

Top Tier only, though if demand shows, they might open the bottom tier up like last season.

Not doing this game, family birthday - cant say im going to miss being held outside in the (potentially) freezing cold for nearly an hour again.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I've been to an away game.

Away tickets for Millwall today purchased no problem.

The system works, and most will get tickets.

Calm down dear......

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I still don't know why Millwall is 1210 points and Charlton and Watford were zero.

I'd imagine because Charlton has a much larger away stand, so a decision was made that it was unlikely to sell out, being that it was on Boxing Day, so no need for the points to come into question. As for a Watford, maybe they didn't expect the demand to be there.

There is possibly also a concern that some people who want to try and cause trouble, seeing as it's Millwall, maybe the points requirement would make it less likely that those people will get tickets.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
I'd imagine because Charlton has a much larger away stand, so a decision was made that it was unlikely to sell out, being that it was on Boxing Day, so no need for the points to come into question. As for a Watford, maybe they didn't expect the demand to be there.

There is possibly also a concern that some people who want to try and cause trouble, seeing as it's Millwall, maybe the points requirement would make it less likely that those people will get tickets.

Nonsense Always POTG my favourite away, nice and close and great London Bridge pubs

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Leeds were only given the top tier in September despite wanting the lower tier too. Whether or not we get any more tickets might be down to Millwall's safety advisory group and Met Police.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here